Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    misery guts

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    LIAM Gill has belatedly been crowned the Pilecki Medal winner with no red carpet in sight because the Queensland Reds can’t afford one.
    Prudent cost-shaving has meant more than a dozen jobs being cut at the Queensland Rugby Union since midyear plus the annual Reds Gala Ball.
    No grand stage has turned the impact of Queensland rugby’s highest individual honour into a squib.
    The Super Rugby season has been over for more than four months and the traditional August timing for an end-of-year awards night is long gone.
    It is also a reflection of how quickly top rugby moves these days because flanker Gill is already well entrenched in his new rugby life with French giants Toulon.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/l...fc2352997fdbee

Sounds like the Reds financial position is worse than is being let on. Some of the gagrs are saying all is not well at Reds HQ.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    LIAM Gill has belatedly been crowned the Pilecki Medal winner with no red carpet in sight because the Queensland Reds can’t afford one.
    Prudent cost-shaving has meant more than a dozen jobs being cut at the Queensland Rugby Union since midyear plus the annual Reds Gala Ball.
    No grand stage has turned the impact of Queensland rugby’s highest individual honour into a squib.
    The Super Rugby season has been over for more than four months and the traditional August timing for an end-of-year awards night is long gone.
    It is also a reflection of how quickly top rugby moves these days because flanker Gill is already well entrenched in his new rugby life with French giants Toulon.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/l...fc2352997fdbee

Sounds like the Reds financial position is worse than is being let on. Some of the gagrs are saying all is not well at Reds HQ.
    Bit off topic here but, There are a few empty desks there now!
    The always helpful briohny who did the group bookings finished up on Friday. Unsure if she was the reciepient of a DCM or if she left of her own accord.
    I know the person who got a job I applied for about 18m ago was finished up. So guess I dodged a bullet there.

Last edited by jono; 22-11-16 at 20:04.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    maybe the chickens are coming home to roost-and not to the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    maybe the chickens are coming home to roost-and not to the Force
    Not undeservedly on their part either. Years of mismanagement and stupid decisions have got them to where they are sitting at the moment.
    2011 is a distant memory & a dusty trophy now

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    In all seriousness, why is it necessary on this site to agree with every half baked idea that is suggested, as long as it accords with the view that it will assist the Force?

The Force is a small part of rugby in this state, and even less significant in the overall scheme of things. Rugby will still go on here, with or without it.

I wish the Force well, but I refuse to concede that everything should be sacrificed at the alter of it's church, or that every person or body favourably disposed to it should be obliged to pay a tithe for someone else's dream. By all means raise funds every way you can, but don't expect every other aspect of our great game to have to pay for it.

The "shares" notion is a great idea as a fund raiser and marketing ploy, but don't expect anyone but the extremely gullible to believe they will achieve anything akin to "ownership" from it.

And don't expect the clubs, who have already been bled at the alter of bad management by RugbyWA, to again subsidise the Union by offering a sop to the "owners", as meaningless as that sop may be.

Run your own race, Force, and leave the clubs to run theirs.

That's my view, and I will continue to express it, irrespective of snide comments by some on here, or aggressive, accusatory personal messages to those with different perspectives from some who should know better.

I don't have to tow your line, and I won't unless I agree with it.

-2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    But it's ok for those of us who aren't involved in club rugby to pledge our support right?

C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Sure, as long as you don't expect a fee subsidy when you play at my club!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Hey Fulvio

I agree that no one should be attacked, publicly or privately for expressing their views. That is not cool at all.

To be fair it is difficult for a "run of the mill" Force Fan to understand the problems that Club Rugby Administrators (or former administrators, such as your good self) have with RugbyWA. These issues would not exactly be headline news in the West or the Sunday Times.

As you know I have always supported the idea of not only supporting the Force, but finding a Club Rugby side to support as well. The problem is its difficult for the Force fans to want to get involved with Club Rugby when the behavior of Club Rugby stalwarts can at time leave a lot to be desired.

It is also difficult to support and defend Club Rugby supporters when good natured jibing and friendly banter appears to normal outsiders like full on attacks between Clubs.

As I said to Mr Darkness the other day - it is our responsibility as Administrators and Stalwarts to encourage the new fans and to encourage and educate.

I recall an excellent series of articles written by one Mr F Sammut about a new player walking in to a Rugby Club. I hope that the problems that occurred with RugbyWA has dampened the sentiment so cleverly expressed in those articles.

Yours In Rugby,

X

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Rookie
    vCash
    Perhaps if we knew specifically how RWA/Force is "bleeding" the Clubs or specifically your Club Fulvio we might be able to have a conversation and might be able to turn this around for you.

I think you will find all the Board members have played plenty of club rugby, have been committee members in clubs and 2 are current senior Club officials .

We are not completely removed from Clubland and you would possibly be really pleased to see just how much work is done by staff and volunteers to make sure that we we have strong junior and school competitions and put together a functional season schedule which is bloody hard to get right and appease everyone.

We have some new initiatives in place for next season which will see a significant pickup in Force and academy player visits and coaching assistance which will be rolled out to clubs in the next couple of weeks.

The ARU has also increased cash injections for community Rugby which will flow through to the clubs. I don t beleive anyone would not acknowledge how successful the NRC has been in offering professional pathways for club standouts and something for our juniors to aspire to. I reckon we are on the right track.

Clubland has its own challenges outside of any perceived negative impact we may be having . Social habits are changing and revenue is dropping. The Clubs that get that are changing their business models.

Love to hear what's bothering you the most and if reasonable and equitable for all clubs we can take a look at it. What I do beleive strongly is Rugby in WA would take a huge setback if the Force were not here and this cannot be positive for Clubs.

General

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Done. Go and pledge Exile.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by General View Post
    What I do beleive strongly is Rugby in WA would take a huge setback if the Force were not here and this cannot be positive for Clubs.
    General
    Exactly, it is a simple equation

No force = No pathway for local players into super rugby in WA = Lots of good players moving over east to get super rugby Contracts = Club rugby competition therefore becomes weaker

Club rugby needs the force to stay to remain strong. And dont get me wrong the force also needs club rugby to be producing the next generation of players to come through.

I'm registered my interest for own the force to keep rugby in WA alive and strong. Dont want to know what life without the force would be like.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Fulvio is our Spiro. Yearns for a yesteryear of supposed glory even though the world has moved on. Fulvio is our Papworth. Yearns for a yesteryear when the clubs were the most important bodies in the state. Fulvio is our Georgina Robinson. Yearns to be scandalous though the majority simply does not care.

We all remember Fulvio being the sole vote against RugbyWA establishing the Force as it would completely ruin the shining white knights running around for the mighty Palmyra.

And we also remember Fulvio as an individual who has sunk to the depths of the common internet troll. One who hangs around a supporters site just to rubbish anything and everything RugbyWA.

Do what the rest of us do General, ignore it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post

No force = No pathway for local players into super rugby in WA = Lots of good players moving over east to get super rugby Contracts = Club rugby competition therefore becomes weaker
    That's partially true. But I think a lot more junior players would take the Curtis Rona/Chance Peni/Waqa Blake route - thru the SG Ball Cup pathway - to the NRL. No need to leave home/school to go that way. But more importantly - no reason to return, unless of course it is to an NRL franchise or a State Cup team. From next season the NRL is replacing the U-20's competition with Qld Cup and NSW State Cup as the "Second Tier" of their player development system, including Fiji and PNG. I have a feeling that may be the next stage of expansion into WA as well.

Either way they are probably lost to WA and Club Rugby is the loser.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Fulvio is our Spiro. Yearns for a yesteryear of supposed glory even though the world has moved on. Fulvio is our Papworth. Yearns for a yesteryear when the clubs were the most important bodies in the state. Fulvio is our Georgina Robinson. Yearns to be scandalous though the majority simply does not care.
    That's a little unfair Kala, Fulvio is a shit stirrer of the highest order, who delights in beating a fairly consistent drum to wind up "the establishment"

I'll admit, it's getting harder to identify the tongue-in-cheek wordplay from genuine opinion and more than a little shit-on-the-liver, but I'm prepared to (mostly) give him the benefit of the doubt.

C'mon the

Page 20 of 33 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast