Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Own the Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Best not ask for permission but forgiveness after.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Best defence is a good offence!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Sounds like the Force have basically committed to what the ARU eventually wants (and will get) from the other four
    Plus, we got $800k for that. Wonder if the other franchises will get that.

And how that works with the 'privately owned' Rebels.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    I'm planning on that strategy. Usually go with "oh that? We agreed on that months ago didn't we?" Then "sorry" Then "sad puppy face" Then "sleep on the couch if required" I've found that restores normalcy faster that "it's my money, when you want to tell me how to spend it, you make a credit card payment"

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    You are bang on the money there. The ARU definitely want to be engaged like they are now at the Force in all the Franchises. What we want is to keep them engaged in the professional Rugby program but WA runs the business. You will note in the Age article they talk quite glowingly about our Own The Force initiative which I honestly beleive the ARU were very sceptical about at the start. We do need to keep this going and convert it to cash. For sure we have to be able to demonstrate a sustainable business model before we can get the keys back. Hoping to get some fresh media out this week and some direct Comms to the " Owners" . Please keep banging away at friends and family.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    #owntheforce would make a wonderful Christmas Gift

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    #owntheforce would make a wonderful Christmas Gift
    It's my gift to me!

Player
    vCash
    ARU backs away from proposals to reduce number of Australian Super Rugby teams.
    ARU backs away with conditions. Lets buy our team and take control away from these idiots.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    anyone help out a brother currently down on his luck.

needs to borrow $1000 so he can have a share in the ownership.

will payback as soon as possible....... I promise

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Some more Spiro ramble about moving the Force to Western Sydney

http://www.theroar.com.au/2016/11/21...rugby-changes/

Champion
    vCash
    The ARU through the national HPU should have a high level of co operation and input into training programs through the franchises and the academies. The bigger picture is the Wallabies winning Bledisloe Cups and World Cups. It should really be starting with the Super U/20s comp being expanded to home and away with ARU HPU input into the U/20s programs. The NRC should be extension of the Super Rugby programs. Get the whole lot aligned and working towards the same goal.
    More importantly though the ARU needs to tell the Shite Shield clubs to shut the hell up and fall in line. With the growth in 7s and womens rugby, the ARU can turn around to the Shite Shield clubs and say, "look, our strategic planning is starting to work even though it has only had 6 months out of 5 years to get established".
    Its the next generation where the pay offs will come for the ARU. More women playing and being involved in rugby will result in their future children being exposed to rugby earlier.

vCash
    Own the Force Campaign Being Noticed

By Fraser Smith on Tue 22nd November 16

Management of the Western Force said while a decision to cut one of the five Australian Super Rugby franchise teams at the end of the 2017 season had been delayed, the Western Force was yet to secure its future.

However Western Force CEO Mark Sinderberry said the club’s innovative #owntheforce campaign – a show of support by the community in the Force’s future - was being noticed and the response in Eastern States press today had been positive.

“As of today nearly 4,300 people have registered their interest to own a piece of the Western Force,” Mr Sinderberry said.

“We are getting close to our initial target of 5,000 registrations of interest - the club and players are thrilled with this show of support by the community.

“The campaign has been hugely successful in getting SANZAAR and the ARU to listen to our fans support of the Western Force. However SANZAAR is still to determine the future competition structure so we can not be complacent and need to continue to push forward and consolidate our position both financially and on the field.”

Mr Sinderberry said the club still needed Western Australians to register their interest at www.owntheforce.com.au.

He said further details of the ownership prospectus and constitution would be released within the next week.

Management of the Western Force announced last month an innovative new ownership model to secure the future of the Western Force Super Rugby team. Western Australians can register their interest in being part of Australian sporting history by purchasing ownership of the Western Force at www.owntheforce.com.au

The new ownership model will be based on the sale of ownership certificates at a value of $1,000 each, payable over a period of twelve months. Unlike stocks or shares, the certificates would not be transferrable except to family members. Owners would be entitled to a range of benefits including:
    •Voting rights to an advisory committee and the new Western Force board of management,
    •Approval of the reappointment of key positions within the Western Force organisation,
    •Input into match day and team activities and specific owner’s functions, and
    •A range of discounts on both Western Force membership purchases and Rugby WA player registration fees.

The model is based on community ownership principals, which have been put in place to great success at FC Barcelona soccer club (the second most valuable sports team in the world) and the Green Bay Packers, the American football team who have won more Super Bowls than any other team in NFL history.

People power was a key factor in Rugby WA and the Western Force being awarded their Super Rugby franchise in 2004. Additionally, the team has enjoyed significant support from the WA Government including investment in the upgrades at the team’s home ground at nib Stadium, and the building of a world-class training centre in Floreat that is utilised by many other sporting codes.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...-being-noticed

vCash
    Force fans united in fight Super Rugby survival

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    November 22, 2016, 4:31 pm

Nearly 4300 people have registered an interest in owning a piece of the club in the radical scheme to become Australia’s premier community-owned side.

The plan was put together in response to speculation that the Australian Rugby Union may be under pressure to cut one of its franchises.

It would see fans in a buy-back of the club from the ARU after the two bodies formed an alliance this year, lifting a $4 million debt from the club’s shoulders.

SANZAAR, Super Rugby’s governing body, met last week to discuss a wide ranging independent review of the competition however no decision on the future structure is expected until March next year.

Sinderberry said the club’s #owntheforce campaign, where fans can buy certificates of ownership costing $1000 each, had shown the ARU the strength of support of the WA rugby community.

“We are getting close to our initial target of 5,000 registrations of interest. The club and players are thrilled with this show of support by the community,” Sinderberry said.

“The campaign has been hugely successful in getting SANZAAR and the ARU to listen to our fans support.

“However, SANZAR is still to determine the future competition structure so we cannot be complacent and need to continue to push forward and consolidate our position both financially and on the field.”

Sinderberry said the campaign had been received positively in the Eastern States where ARU chief operating officer Rob Clarke said he was “fascinated” by the initiative and described community support as “fabulous”.

When the scheme was announced last month ARU chief executive Bill Pulver said it would have a major influence on the future of Super Rugby in Australia.

He said all five Australian Super Rugby clubs should investigate their financial sustainability.

“If our Super Rugby clubs were put in a fundamentally stronger position financially, that would influence the decision,” Pulver said.

“If there is any new financial news that could impact our final decision, if they are able to find potential partners or plans that result in a more sustainable environment for rugby, that’s a great thing.”

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/wa...urvival/#page1

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    perhaps,in the washup,it maybe the ARU who is "owned"

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Oh good.

Rugby WA will reduce its' fees payable by every player and coach who becomes an Owner of the Force.

Presumably, each club will be supplied with a list of Owners and the clubs can then reduce the player fees otherwise payable by that owner by the prescribed amount, and then forward the reduced payment to RugbyWA.

Yes, I think that will work well.

Although, perhaps, there won't be too many players who could afford the $1000 to benefit.

Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast