Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Silver stuff to cheer..

vCash

Silver stuff to cheer..

We had a busy day yesterday so we only got around to watching The Booze vs The Bonepickers final over breaky Sunday. How good was it to see a Perth based rugby side win a title that comes with media chatter and pictures?

Over the last week I've found my self thinking about the whole Perth rugby thing. I support the most heart breaking football side in the world. But The Booze is a team with players and staff that are the bones of The Heart Breakers and look at them go!! On top of all this, we find our selves looking down the barrel of Aussie contraction in Super Rugby.

So how do I feel about the prospect of loosing The Heartbreakers?

About two weeks ago, I came to the conclusion it was pointless getting upset about it. If The Heart Breakers did go, I'd still have The Booze.. ..which seemed ok to me.

I've enjoyed watching The Booze play over the last 3 seasons. Now they've beaten the evil easterners in a final. If that's all I'm left with after the reshape of Supper Rugby, I'm OK with it.

Another thing is the dazzling fact, that while the Super Rugby may not need The Heart Breakers. The ARU totally needs The Booze (and all the other NRC teams). You've all see the recent scores against the All Blacks right?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    not quite sure what you are on dude - but have you got enough to share?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    of course if we lose the force,we will lose our NRC side as well-and the club standard will drop--there will be no pathway to higher honours left in WA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    of course if we lose the force,we will lose our NRC side as well-and the club standard will drop--there will be no pathway to higher honours left in WA
    Ohhhhhh yes there will. But unfortunately it will likely be the same pathway as taken by Waqa Blake, Curtis Rona and others. The Mungos are unlikely to jump straight in with a 1st grade team here if the ARU bottle it. But you will certainly see them chuck plenty of effort at S G Ball level. That will likely be very quickly followed by a State Cup squad - just as soon as they ditch the NYC (U 20's), and that will likely be very soon.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    and the Belmont Steelers will be resurrected?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    and the Belmont Steelers will be resurrected?
    Unlikely, although Charlie is still around the traps, I think. But Belmont, Applecross, Mossie-Cott and a few others are typical of what might happen to Premier Rugby if things go south.
    I wonder how many around here know just how strong the WARL first grade comp was before the demise of the Western Reds? That put th back 30 years I reckon.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I wonder how many around here know just how strong the WARL first grade comp was before the demise of the Western Reds? That put th back 30 years I reckon.
    I remember WA beat a Manly-Warringah XIII in a pre-season fixture during that time, also won a series against the NSW Metro Cup rep team. I remember WA thumping Victoria up at Pries Park in Kelmscott in the mud and pouring rain. On a side note, WA also had one of the coolest jerseys in RL back then.

Was a great time to be a fan of WA sport, RL was going great guns, the WA soccer team were beating overseas teams like Werder Bremen, West Ham and Nottingham Forest; and the WA cricket team were still the best in the world.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Well at least one then.

vCash
    And Rex Messup was on TV influencing male culture in this country....better than metros eating chicken wings with chilli sauce and driving around singing tunes from some bimbos ipod

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I remember WA beat a Manly-Warringah XIII in a pre-season fixture during that time, also won a series against the NSW Metro Cup rep team. I remember WA thumping Victoria up at Pries Park in Kelmscott in the mud and pouring rain. On a side note, WA also had one of the coolest jerseys in RL back then.

Was a great time to be a fan of WA sport, RL was going great guns, the WA soccer team were beating overseas teams like Werder Bremen, West Ham and Nottingham Forest; and the WA cricket team were still the best in the world.
    I use to love the Friday nite outings to the WACA for the reds games was a member .. Was a real pity the ARL just did not see RL in WA as profitable as it could have been..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    I use to love the Friday nite outings to the WACA for the reds games was a member .. Was a real pity the ARL just did not see RL in WA as profitable as it could have been..
    The ARL? It was the people who put in the bid that told the ARL they were swimming in the green stuff and could afford to pay all their own expenses plus those of the travelling visitors. They were basically insolvent from the get-go. Murdoch and Co bailed them out, then packed them up, sent them to Melbourne and called them The Storm.

vCash
    Served them right for siding with Murdoch and co.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Served them right for siding with Murdoch and co.
    It was that or go under. Unfortunately. Hopefully when they get around to giving it another shot they will have taken noet of the AFL model on expansion. The ARU are obviously clueless on that front. So far.

vCash
    Up tha Toigs

Controversy corner

vCash
    Beetso beats them and then he eats 'em
    Toigers Toigers
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=p5bEAfmwl2U

Controversy corner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast