Thread: Andrew Fifita being chased by Super Rugby Franchise

vCash

Andrew Fifita being chased by Super Rugby Franchise

AN Australian Super Rugby franchise is reportedly chasing the signature of controversial Cronulla star Andrew Fifita.

The wrecking ball forward’s future is as clouded as ever after he again antagonised the NRL over the decision to ban him from selection for the Kangaroos’ Four Nations tour of the United Kingdom.

Fifita re-iterated his threat to walk away from the NRL and his contract with the Cronulla Sharks during an interview with Sky News on Tuesday night.

Fifita was overlooked for international honours because of his recent incidents of misbehaving off the field, including an ongoing NRL Integrity Unit investigation into his consorting and public support for convicted one-punch killer Kieran Loveridge.

Since publicly claiming he has spoken with his management and Cronulla Sharks officials about negotiating out of his 2017 NRL season deal, Fifita’s representatives have been approached by two Super Rugby franchises interesting in recruiting him for the 2017 season.

Rugby League Week has reported one Australian Super Rugby franchise and one based in New Zealand have spoken to Fifita’s manager to register their interest.

It is unclear if the Australian Rugby Union is supporting the efforts of the Australian club.

The development was reported just minutes after Kangaroos forward Sam Thaiday urged Fifita not to walk away from the NRL over his standoff with league officials.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/two...6ca8ff26501f6a

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    It is unclear if the Australian Rugby Union is supporting the efforts of the Australian club.
    Can't be us, if it was the support from ARU would at the forefront.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Saw Fifita on Sky last night. A channel flicking fluke as he was appearing with Alan Jones and Mark Latham - both of whom I'd normally flick in an instant. What a trio and what a snow job. Not a dicky about his past indiscretions - which probably had more to do with the non-selection. Wonder what axe Jones has to grind here. Knob.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I saw parts of that on the news this morning and have to agree about the snow job.

He mentioned he's one indiscretion away from being sacked by Cronulla then has a whinge about it. Bloke needs to accept responsibility for himself and actually acknowledge that he's a bit of a knob and that's the reason he is on thin ice.

I genuinely hope it's not the Force trying to entice him into changing codes.

Last edited by jargan83; 12-10-16 at 15:23.

vCash
    Yeah I hope it's not the Force chasing him too.

He was in the Brumbies setup a long time ago so a potential link there, although he left because he wanted to move back to Sydney.

vCash
    Sounds like the smartest decision he made was to GTFO of Canberra

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!