Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Wallabies vs Argentina at Twickenham 2016

vCash
    Back off choice, you have to admire Rex for his continued commitment to the Cheika I'd going to fix aussie rugby line despite mountains of evidence disproving his theory.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Update of the Bench
    Houston in Naivalu out

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Update of the Bench
    Houston in Naivalu out
    This is old news. The boys across the Dutch were onto it on to it last Tuesday.

Kiwi-born Leroy Houston looks set to make Wallabies test debut against Argentina- stuff.co.nz
    Not much gets past our buddies over there when it comes to Kiwis in the Aus teams.

It's just the PI players that seem to cause irregular bouts of amnesia.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/i...inst-argentina

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Wallabies win 33-21. A niggly scrappy game with a cameo by a referee i assume was brought in from another sport. Some bizarre decisions and passages of play thanks to inconsistent refereeing. Wallabies discipline in the first half was poor with two yellows for high tackles. Scrums were a mess with 3 completed from more than 15 attempts. Lineout was dependable setting off some good attack. Wallabies were more polished in attack than Argentina with the intent to offload evident and the decision when to offload a lot smarter. DHP and Kerevi were our best backs with Kerevi gettin a double. Coleman and Hooper were the best forwards with Coleman getting a try.

Israel Folau looks like he would benefit from some time off. I still have concerns around the ability to make multiple efforts at a high level from some of our forwards. Its usually a one and done scenario with guys slow off the ground after tackles and rucks. Not often enough do our guys put in 2 or more high level repeat efforts without the next few moments being a walk or hands on heads situation. This is really evident when compared directly to the All Blacks forwards who relish and pride themselves on making these high level repeat efforts.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Dean "powderpuff" Mumm with an intercept try in the 77th minute. Should see him automatically selected for the next 30 test for the wallabies.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    I still have concerns around the ability to make multiple efforts at a high level from some of our forwards. Its usually a one and done scenario with guys slow off the ground after tackles and rucks. Not often enough do our guys put in 2 or more high level repeat efforts without the next few moments being a walk or hands on heads situation. This is really evident when compared directly to the All Blacks forwards who relish and pride themselves on making these high level repeat efforts.
    That lack of pressure from the inside allows the offload game to make big meters thru the middle. The difference is that NZ make way less errors in executing it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    A win for the wallabies but not a win for Australian rugby! Just poor rugby! Poor dissaplin again!
    Thought the ref and TMO had shockers but wouldn't have changed the outcome much.

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Ratings from one of the South African websites

14 Dane Haylett-Petty:
    Caused Argentina all sorts of problems from the restart as he chased well and managed to win the ball in the air on many occasions. Haylett-Petty showed a good work rate and got himself heavily involved in the game.
    8/10

5 Adam Coleman:
    Showed fantastic pace and athleticism as he crashed over for the first try of the game. Secured first phase possession for Australia at the line-outs and made an impact with some big hits on defence.
    7/10

http://www.rugby365.com/opinion/seco...enham-inspired

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That lack of pressure from the inside allows the offload game to make big meters thru the middle. The difference is that NZ make way less errors in executing it.
    Exactly, i think the words i was looking for are urgency and desperation. Some of our forwards just lumber around getting into position so slowly after a one out effort. We were lucky the Argies knocked on so many offloads and didn't threaten the inside defenders as much as they should of. There were some big holes left in these inside channels, one or two passes back towards the rucks.

vCash
    World Rugby again selling out by refusing to insist SANZAAR site the world's biggest bell end Nick Phibbs for his blatant assualt on a member of the Argentinian support staff. Instead he will just be the proud recipient of a warning...

In this situation there is an argument for what happens in the heat of the moment, however there is also minimum acceptable standards that should be firmly in the "never do" camp and that is one of them. Irrespective of the physio also being completely in the wrong for handling the ball.

vCash
    I agree. Softc#ck shoulda shoulder charged the f@cker outta the way. Dead set.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    should have put the coathanger on him!

(they were trying to do a few in the game,but technique let them down,haha)

vCash
    Name:  NP.jpg
Views: 364
Size:  18.0 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Dane makes Rugby365.com team of the championship:

11 - Dane Haylett-Petty (Australia):
    One of the Wallabies who was consistently good in a season of stark contrasts.
    Bubbling under: Julian Savea (New Zealand)

http://rugby365.com/opinion/second-p...one-horse-race

And an honourable mention in the Foxsports.com.au team:

Dane Haylett Petty (Australia)

Despite playing out of position on the wing, Dane Haylett-Petty got better with every Test under his belt and finished as one of the Wallabies’ best throughout the six-match competition.

The Western Force fullback made the most offloads (seven) equal most tackle busts (16) second most run metres (380) by a winger in the tournament to go along with four linebreaks and his second career try.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/al...a6799ecb804179

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Probably explains why Folau has had his sookface on (viewing the after game pics). Obviously not happy at losing the limelight with his poor stats in the past few games. Dane's got his usual position & he's not happy Jan!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2