Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Wallabies vs Springboks Pretoria 2016

Senior Player
    vCash
    I reckon Dean Mumm must have some serious dirt on Cheika. The guy is like a farken cream puff but still gets selected. I reckon Cheika's stubborness not to drop Foley, Mumm and other non performers will be his serious undoing for the job.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post

(Yes Gigs i know i defended Douglas recently but his contributions against the Boks needs calling out. In the words of Enzo and Big Cass from WWE, theres only one word to describe them S A W F T = SAWFT)
    https://youtu.be/Ao4I-3Eb0Mk

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Cheika is either stubborn or so one-dimensional that he can't come up with a Plan B. I'm sick of watching the Wallabies fumble and stumble about the place!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    (Yes Gigs i know i defended Douglas recently but his contributions against the Boks needs calling out. In the words of Enzo and Big Cass from WWE, theres only one word to describe them S A W F T = SAWFT)
    You don't have to defend that comment to me Kalamunda, I have been slammed myself for calling Douglas invisible. I haven't seen the game yet, I'll watch it on iq once I get home, but it sounds like all the same crap. Cheika ignores the traditional forward roles trying to find blokes that can play like kieren Reid, but that only works when the opposition is soft enough for one bloke to contain their breakdown for the whole game. It's evident in the continued selection of a centre at 7, which has only ever been successful when you select a 7 at 8 or 6. The sooner we start to respect the ball on the floor, the sooner well start looking like a rugby team again.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    And ps Kieren Reid does the hard work first, then decides to learn how to run like an inside centre and pass like a half back.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Sack Cheika!

vCash
    Maybe, but who replaces him? It's not just cheika that needs to be revamped, it's the whole elite player pathway. Starting with age reps team selection and player development going all the way to the wallabies captain, places need to be won on merit alone, with an effective and modern game plan which can bring success for years, not single matches.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    The elite pathway of young players is controlled by employees of the ARU. Once picked these young players stay in the system seemingly forever. The "elite" junior coaches then are too scared to drop them as their reputation would be in question. This means that a lot of the late bloomers never get a fair go. At least the NRC is showcasing these players.
    However it is strange that once recognised they go to a Super Rugby side in another state.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    The elite pathway of young players is controlled by employees of the ARU. Once picked these young players stay in the system seemingly forever. The "elite" junior coaches then are too scared to drop them as their reputation would be in question. This means that a lot of the late bloomers never get a fair go. At least the NRC is showcasing these players.
    However it is strange that once recognised they go to a Super Rugby side in another state.
    Choice you are right on the money there... The lower pathway is full of NSWRFU people just there cose someone above them is a mate or they scared to rock the boat.. I reckon we need to bring back the Australia A team to compete for the top 23 selections.. We the public need to see more top players given the chance at top level.. Cheika is only bringing in New players as the older ones get injured. Not on performance.. The best part Is the giteau law is a failure and a waste of money that money should have gone to more younger players showing there skills.. Drop the top ups and have camp and match payment for test players only..

vCash
    ....so anyway; to the game itself:
    I was hoping for less of an arm wrestle and more of a scorefest. 1 try for the whole match. How wrong was I?
    'boks reverted to their typical style. I expect it was a boring match for someone not totally into rugby.
    I wish I'd stayed at home to watch.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by StimpsonJCat View Post
    Sack Cheika!
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Maybe, but who replaces him?
    Where the hell have you been........Tom Fearn of course

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    and jono accuses me of recycling jokes.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    and jono accuses me of recycling jokes.
    recycling?
    this one's been resurrected so many times it's starting to look like lazarus

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Ahhh, the NXT days. They headline Monday night raw these days.

Its still real to me dammit! 😂😂

vCash
    Dean Mumm has been at 6 because our lineout has been the laughing stock of world rugby. Some real tall timber with mongrel coming through. They have a lot to learn. Douglas had a knee reconstruction less than a year ago and is back playing elite rugby. That is remarkable. It is taking him a while to get back to his best but he does an extraordinary amount of work when he's at his best. It wasn't the forwards who lost the test in Pretoria. The backline had enough field position and pill to win two tests. What the fark is Larkham doing? The Australian backline looks nothing like the unit he ran as a wallaby 10. We have slow wingers. That is baffling. Cooper carved up with inside runners in Perth. Where were they in Pretoria. If people run at holes with speed Cooper will put them through gaps all day long. The backline is a farking shambles

Controversy corner

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3