Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Springboks Pretoria 2016

vCash
    Pretty sure old mate Barnes called maul before pinging Coleman for killing the ball late in the half.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Enough possession and territory to win two games of Rugby. The Wallabies couldn't score in a brothel.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Just left too many points out there. Gotta take your opportunities at this level.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    a disappointing result.

I am thinking the whole backline is out of position. and Foley really is no longer required.

10. Quade Cooper

11. Sefa Naivalu

12. Reece Hodge

13. Israel Folau

14. Samu Kerevi

15. Dane Haylett-Petty

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Bloody pathetic. All possession and territory but can't score try's.

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Was it me or did the wallabies look very force like when on the boks' 5m line? They just seemed clueless how to get over.

vCash
    How did the Force boys go?

I read DHP had a much improved game & looked good at FB when Folau got binned?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Was it me or did the wallabies look very force like when on the boks' 5m line? They just seemed clueless how to get over.
    Not far off to be honest. They were alright making it to the Boks 22 and then seemed to lose the plot once there.

Last edited by jargan83; 03-10-16 at 08:24.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Pretty sure old mate Barnes called maul before pinging Coleman for killing the ball late in the half.
    I heard that too. Was somewhat bemused. And nonplussed. Had to neck the rest of my beer.

I went with others to The Sports Bar, which I thought was called The Deen. Almost 20 people were watching the big screen. What a dive!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    I heard that too. Was somewhat bemused. And nonplussed. Had to neck the rest of my beer.

I went with others to The Sports Bar, which I thought was called The Deen. Almost 20 people were watching the big screen. What a dive!
    It was absolutely jam packed a few hours earlier for the AFL so probably still recovering from that

vCash
    There was AFL on Saturday?

vCash
    I think the swans were playing. I say that because some oxygen-waster was wearing a flag at a bar in central.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    The Wallabies need more Adam Colemans. Big locks and a 6 and 8 who can hit a ruck properly and shift bodies. You've got problems when you are the size of Rob Simmons or Dean Mumm and spend all game getting bitched in the physicality department. I lost count of how many times Simmons, Mumm, Douglas and Fardy either bounced off a cleanout or lost metres carrying the football. At least Coleman hits a ruck and hits it to obliterate any threats from the opposition. Very disappointing to see the guys who are there to smash rucks and get us over the gain line looking so soft. The other problem they had was the support players were often getting to the ruck too bloody slowly. This allowed the Bokke to get a good 2 man jackal on the ball therefore killing most of our momentum dead with slow ruck ball or a turnover. Most of it comes back to the basics of forward support play: body position, being within an arms length of the ball carrier and aggression. We need forwards who can smash the rucks, make it so the opposition thinks twice abput contesting them. There is no excuse for a 115kg body not being able to shift a 100kg body at a ruck. Simmons Fardy Mumm and Douglas need to harden the f**k up or move aside for someone who can shift bodies at the ruck.

(Yes Gigs i know i defended Douglas recently but his contributions against the Boks needs calling out. In the words of Enzo and Big Cass from WWE, theres only one word to describe them S A W F T = SAWFT)

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    The Wallabies need more Adam Colemans. Big locks and a 6 and 8 who can hit a ruck properly and shift bodies. You've got problems when you are the size of Rob Simmons or Dean Mumm and spend all game getting bitched in the physicality department. I lost count of how many times Simmons, Mumm, Douglas and Fardy either bounced off a cleanout or lost metres carrying the football. At least Coleman hits a ruck and hits it to obliterate any threats from the opposition. Very disappointing to see the guys who are there to smash rucks and get us over the gain line looking so soft. The other problem they had was the support players were often getting to the ruck too bloody slowly. This allowed the Bokke to get a good 2 man jackal on the ball therefore killing most of our momentum dead with slow ruck ball or a turnover. Most of it comes back to the basics of forward support play: body position, being within an arms length of the ball carrier and aggression. We need forwards who can smash the rucks, make it so the opposition thinks twice abput contesting them. There is no excuse for a 115kg body not being able to shift a 100kg body at a ruck. Simmons Fardy Mumm and Douglas need to harden the f**k up or move aside for someone who can shift bodies at the ruck.

(Yes Gigs i know i defended Douglas recently but his contributions against the Boks needs calling out. In the words of Enzo and Big Cass from WWE, theres only one word to describe them S A W F T = SAWFT)
    Yeah Cheika brought back a heap of backs from Europe who have done nothing (except Genia) when in hindsight he probably should have brought horwill back to partner Coleman

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    I lost count of how many times Simmons, Mumm, Douglas and Fardy either bounced off a cleanout or lost metres carrying the football.

I was noticing the same thing. We did not win the point of contact battle. They were constantly driving our ball carriers backwards, causing us to lose momentum.

and +1 for SAWFT

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast