Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 21 September 2016 Second Members evening

vCash

21 September 2016 Second Members evening

Last night we were treated to an enlightening second members evening as to what happens behind the scenes. It was a real eye opener to hear and see the tremendous effort that goes into this franchise from just two of the behind the scenes areas.

It made me feel that paying my membership and turning up to watch the games was the easiest job, and a lot is happening to make sure we field a team and get to enjoy the game we all love so much, by many others that we do not see or hear about often enough.

The evening opened with new recruit Bill Meakes giving us an insight into his background. It appears that we have someone capabale of breaking the line for us and giving us go forward ball. He has already demonstrated in the NRC that we have something to look forward to. Thankfully, he appears to have recovered from his concussion on the weekend but will miss this week as concussion protocos are followed.

Head Physiotherapist Emidio Pacecca explained what goes into preparing players for Super Rugby and Performance and worked through a few real examples. He even had Richie Arnold there to help explain what he has been through in an injury plagued career and how they are trying to get him fighting fit and back on the field. Similar efforts went into Adam Coleman and Dane Haylett-Petty by this team and we can see the fruits of their endevours now. Lets hope it is the same for Richie, he seems a determined young man.

Analyst Damian Pacecca ran us through what for me was the most fascinating part of the evening, the performance analyses. It was encouraging to see the work that goes on behind the scenes from using a drone at training to analysing video foootage of training matches, how different camera footage is obtained to enable them to get more than just the coverage we see on television, to the actual match statistics and how they are are broken down and utilised to find trends, stregnths and weakenesses.

Mark closed the evening by advising that at least one of the assistant coaches could be named as early as today. Hodgo is close to signing with the last bits of life after playing being ironed out, and commented on Wayne Smith's article that appeared in another thread on this site.

In regards to the proposed change to the Super rugby format it appears everything is on the table with no decisions made as yet, but they could be made as early as November because as at March next year teams need to start planning for the following year. He did state that without question that NSW and QLD will remain untouched as expected, however he was of the opinion that we are well placed in Perth to put up a decent fight of why we should not be the one that goes if it does come down to something as drastic as that. He feels we have a better chance than some of the other contenders, due to the rugby community and rugby public in Perth. However, the most vital ingredient is members, without members the choice will be easy for the powers that be. This year we have been served with a draw with three NZ teams that can help drive our game numbers, and we need to make sure we help on board as many people to get to games and take memberships etc.

I left the meeting enlightened and optimistic for the season ahead, and will watch the games with a new found understanding of what is happening behind the scenes to make my entertainment all that much better.

Again it is great to see the Force reaching out to us and giving us more than just the matches we go watch.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Great summary Tazz - thank you!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Was a good night apart from the plodder asking the loaded question at the end.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Which was?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Similar rallying call from Sinderberry in this West Story

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...umbered/#page1

Could Western Force's days be numbered?
    Nick Taylor - The West Australian on September 21, 2016, 11:10 am

Western Force have a tough start to 2017 in what may become a season of survival with just two home games in the first six matches of the year.
    SANZAAR is expected to make a decision later this year on the future structure of Super Rugby amid Eastern States rumours that an Australian side may be cut from the competition.
    Force general manager Mark Sinderberry acknowledges the importance of the coming season and the need for both on-field results and a growing support.
    Community support, culminating in the famous rally at Subiaco, was one of the main reasons RugbyWA was initially awarded the Super Rugby franchise.
    "Next year is very important for us. Now more than ever we need the support of our loyal fan base," Sinderberry said.
    "We certainly need everybody to get on board. It's the crowd support that's going to convince the powers that be that 18-teams is the right structure going forward.
    "Obviously we need results on the field and we are pleased with the group of players that have come together and we are about to announce some coaches.
    "Its coming together."

vCash
    And getting those bums on seats really needs to get advertised and heavily promoted, especially the NZ games. Just hope those running NIB can get their shit together and not let it turn into debacles of drunks and yobbos to ruin the family enjoyment aka previous NZ games.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Which was?
    Why didn't Tom Fearn get the Head Coach Position

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Which was?
    Something about financial statements and whether we're members or stakeholders - it was hard to follow what he was getting at.

Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    And getting those bums on seats really needs to get advertised and heavily promoted, especially the NZ games. Just hope those running NIB can get their shit together and not let it turn into debacles of drunks and yobbos to ruin the family enjoyment aka previous NZ games.
    Somebody flagged 'NZ game' ticket packages for next year and Sinderberry seemed to hint it was on the agenda.

He also said (without providing detail) that the Force's marketing priority is how to engage the latent rugby fanbase in the community and in the clubs rather than trying to draw generic WA sports fans to the games.

Last edited by beige; 22-09-16 at 09:22.

Champion
    vCash
    His answer is in the title. MEMBERS forum.

But then again, some people live to just stir shit, looking at you G. Robinson and G. Growden.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    Something about financial statements and whether we're members or stakeholders - it was hard to follow what he was getting at.
    He clearly had agenda of his own, taking notes all night and was really hammering Sinderberry on the financials for some reason.

Also waffled on at one stage about the members buying the club back at some stage from the ARU.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Thanks for the report Tazz.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Champion
    vCash
    Was there any mention of how they are going to promote next season? What angle they are going to promote?
    If money is tight, surely there is tech savvy fan out there who could whip up a promotional video. Maybe hold a comp with a double membership up for grabs?
    Or even bring back 'Save it for the game'. That was a great ad campaign. As evidenced by the test match, marketing and promotions is an area to focus on a bit more.

vCash
    "Save it for the game" should be brought back at all costs!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    That "plodder" you so rudely refer to is anything but. He is an important and upstanding member of the rugby community with more manners than you and more business acumen than most could ever dream of. He is also happy to put his real name to what he says.

As members, we invest much of our hard-earned money and time into RugbyWA and I think it reasonable to ask questions about how that's being used and how effective the running of the business is. The financial information is shared with the clubs so why not also share it with those members who have some business and financial nous who are interested in the financial viability of the Force as much as its on-field success. After all, if it fails as a business, it also fails us.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Perhaps you can explain why he was asking the same question over and over again?

Whilst I agree that the financial reports should be made public and correct me if I'm wrong they should be because the Western Force is a registered business/corporation/sporting club etc. My Cricket Club has to do an annual report on the financial situation as does Palmyra RU Club, so I would have thought that the Western Force would have to do the same. Pretty sure Sinderberry said there was a delay due to the ARU takeover?

It's not like I'm hiding behind my online handle most on this site know who I am in person.

Last edited by jargan83; 22-09-16 at 13:51. Reason: Bad manners to leave incorrect spelling...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast