Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Super draft the way to save Force from Grim Reaper

Red Carded
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    An opinion piece at best, rehashing much of the same old same old......
    This would be one of the better ideas to come from a force supporter I have seen on this Forum.
    You must work at the force Tazz as you could not see sense in any of this other than being and opinion.
    The Mitre 10 cup teams at the moment would compete in the Super Rugby Format against many off the teams, showing the depth is getting out of control.
    This is something that should be looked at by the players associations to expand the comp and to produce a better quality product for all to watch as without them there is no TV deal
    Good idea TG, I must say it is feasible and if any of the Aussie franchises had any nous they would look at a system like this just for survival amongst themselves let alone staying in Super Rugby,
    The NRC and Mitre 10 cup could merge to form a pool of talent that would provide a steady amount of quality players.
    3 months ago I would have given 2 f--cks about the survival of the Aussie franchises but has become far to one sided and found myself watching the League on Saturday instead of the rugby, better product so something needs to be done.
    A typical force comeback, this is at best an opinion, cant believe it.
    The players need to drive this through the Association

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    The Force shutting down would be the worst thing possible for the ARU, and I cannot fathom how they cannot see that.
    It's admitting defeat, it's proving that they as a national organisation cannot manage a root in a brothel. Jeez it would be akin to loosing money while operating a brothel in a mining town. It's not possible.
    You've got a huge Kiwi/Saffa/PI/GB population over West.
    You've got every young boy being diagnosed with ADD/ADHD - born rugby players in my opinion and rugby being the cure for it.
    If the Force closes up, you lose talent across the country. You don't gain any as Japan and Europe will be the first placed looked.
    Eastern states rugby fans calling for the Force to be closed is a prison mentality of misdirection to cover their own short coming as pointing out throughout the article.
    Using the excuse of making Union a eastern states centric sport due to funding is like a dumb shit farmer keeping his water in a dam because it looks pretty while his crops get scorched on the sun.
    Every Union supporter in this country should be wishing the success of every franchise while embracing the derbies, while aiming to destroy other nations teams instead of whining about how it isn't fair.
    If we lose one, we may begin to lose them all.

Rant nowhere near over.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    If SANZAR make the call then there is not too much anyone can do about it but as I've posted several times before I just cannot imagine why the ARU would be behind it.

The ARU would have to be loaded up with good solid decent rugby men who do what they do for the love of rugby and nothing else.

Yes they might make some left field decisions and yes there is a minority who can't see past the borders of NSW but you can't tell me that the majority of these guy's wouldn't have the best interests of the game and a national footprint as a number one priority.

I'm not buying the conspiracy theories because you are talking about good solid rugby men and good solid rugby men don't shit on each other, pure and simple, that's not how they roll, end of story.
    I could be wrong but I just can't see how the ARU could even fathom an act of betrayal because that's what it would be.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Really, inconceivable? So if all your mates here had voted you into a position on the ARU board to represent Rugby in WA, and knowing that there simply isn't enough to go around, you might well be voting for more money to NSW and less for others because it would be for the good of the single largest group of rugby men in the country even if it is bad for others...?

The ARU is predominantly voted in by and for representatives of the established areas, so whose interests are they going to serve first and foremost? If they all go voting for the interests of the Force over their constituency, surely that would that be viewed as the dictionary definition of shitting on the good solid rugby men that put them there and you just said they don't do that. No need for conspiracy theories...good old-fashioned tribalism and self-interest gets you there quick enough.

And I will add, they will probably genuinely believe they are doing the right and best thing by rugby too, by their definition of what that is.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 20-09-16 at 20:51.

vCash
    Is Rugby in WA strong enuff to go down the Welsh RFU way of thinking back in the 1900s The supporters buy the team.. I think someone brought this up once before.. The Cardiff RU were in a tight predicament and in the way of loosing everything when the supporters brought shares in the Club this was the best thing they did and it went from strength to strength... Would private ownership save the western Force ???? I don't know just putting it out there... Also agree that if 1 team is closed down shows the ARU have failed in the eyes or Aus Rugby..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Really,incocievable?........

And I will add, they will probably genuinely believe they are doing the right and best thing by rugby too, by their definition of what that is.
    You are on the money there. A lot of "solid Rugby men" firmly believe it. Some even say the ARU should pull completely out of Super Rugby and go back to the (Shite Shield) future. But if they were completely honest, they'd admit to being OK with the the 3 usual suspects somehow staying in.

Google "Brett Papwrth Rugby News" and read some of his recent articles. I can tell you he has widespread support among the solid club men over there and uses his media position to drive that agenda at every opportunity. Alan Jones is so impressed he wants him to run the ARU, A bridge too far for the Eastwood Pres, I'd guess.

I'm hoping that there are enough forward thinking people to stare these blokes down.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Having a franchise in every major city/state is a must for Oz rugby to survive, surely when has-beens have to come back to re-enforce a national side, there should be alarm bells ringing everywhere ...

If the ARU had balls, surely the Brumbies would go ... have the Rebels & Tahs play a few games there each season. Bruce stadium is pretty good venue but realistically Canberra! concrete city that has no real tourism doesn't warrant a franchise ...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    If SANZAR make the call then there is not too much anyone can do about it but as I've posted several times before I just cannot imagine why the ARU would be behind it.
    I fear that it will all boil down to money, in the end.
    The ARU may tire of bailing Rugby WA out or the SANZAAR media partners may determine that the present convoluted Super Rugby structure is costing them viewers and pressure SANZAAR to restructure the competition.

The ARU has already ceded the similar demographic of Western Sydney to the NRL, the AFL and the A-League, so from their point of view walking away from WA and leaving this demographic to the AFL and the A-League may not be such a big deal. It would mean the end of rugby union as a major sport in WA for at least 20-25 years, but if it helped the eastern coast rugby unions to survive and perhaps grow, then from the ARU's perspective it would probably make sense.

vCash
    Evidently NSW & Qld have absolutely ZERO interest in a Rugby Draft as they consider that they are the kindergarten of Australian Rugby - providing ALL of the junior development players in Australia.
    WA will just have to show them that they're wrong!

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I'm hoping that there are enough forward thinking people to stare these blokes down.
    Hope so.....but time will tell.
    For the West - nothing will succeed like success.

vCash
    If the force fold it would hurt the NSWRFU as would hope Rugby WA would stop paying player payments to the ARU.. this would hurt the other states.. I guess Rugby WA gives a nice cheque to the ARU each yr for subs... Very sad but we would have to form our own or join the SARU.. What I find fascinating is the NSWRFU has been around for over 100 yrs and they still ask the ARU for money.. Shows the admin just use it as a cash cow to provide them with a good life...

vCash
    errhhgg!
    I hate player drafts. Make the system properly free market.

If we need to loose a team in Australia we should relegate the lowest Aussie team each year and promote a team from the next best state based on NRC results. This whole "big money decides thing" is crap.

If WA has to go without a team for a few years here and there, so be it.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2