Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Los Pumas Perth

vCash
    where is all the media buildup to our only test in perth most people i talk to have no idea there is a game on and where is the chance for us to meet the players no wonder this code is behind the others and where is the gold brigade i might have missed something :silent

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    ....where is the chance for us to meet the players no wonder this code is behind the others.... :silent
    Maybe you should become a member of the Palmyra Rugby Club ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Agree Vulcan. Another poor display by the ARU - something I have come to expect, sadly. They appear to have no interest in growing the game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Cheika puts faith in Coleman at line-outs

Nick Taylor - The West Australian on September 16, 2016, 4:35 am

Wallabies coach Michael Cheika has entrusted Western Force second-rower Adam Coleman with the job of leading the line-out against Argentina in tomorrow night’s Rugby Championship clash at nib Stadium.

But Coleman is aware that Cheika can just as quickly cut him from the squad.

Coleman’s partner against South Africa last Saturday night, Kane Douglas, was yesterday replaced by veteran Rob Simmons, creating the sixth different second-row combination this year.

Asked if giving rookie Coleman such responsibility was a sign that he was a “keeper” for the future, Cheika said: “Yes and I just want him to keep learning how to do it.

“He’s come under plenty of pressure in the first two games, it’s a big ask to do it against New Zealand and South Africa, two of the best line-out teams in world rugby.”

But nobody is safe under Cheika. Douglas is now feeling the sting of being dropped, just as Simmons did when he was sent back to the National Rugby Championship after the loss to New Zealand in Sydney last month.

“At a certain time you’ve got to tell every player to keep a standard,” Cheika said.

“That gives Simmons an opportunity. It’s up to him to take it. He’s well aware of that.

“I’d certainly hope he (Simmons) was disappointed (after being dropped). That’s the idea. I don’t want guys to be happy. They want to have motivation to get their spot back.

“It’s not like Kane was playing terribly. We’re trying to get ourselves to a higher standard and we’ve got to make some of those decisions along the way.”

Simmons admitted his confidence took a hit when he was axed. “It’s just good to be given an opportunity,” Simmons said.

“He was quite clear what he wanted from me. Once I showed that he said he’d pick me. He showed faith in that.

“He wanted me to try and have a physical presence out there and lead the tight five.”

Prop Tom Robertson is almost certain of a Test debut from the reserves, while Cheika said Lopeti Timani, who can cover the second and back rows, would get his first opportunity when he settled on his bench today.

Robertson is juggling his rugby career with up to 40 hours studying in the first of his four year medical degree.

“Instead of after training, going back to our room and watching Netflix, I go back and study. I just make use of my time I’m not super human or super smart. It’s not rocket science,” Robertson said.

At the start of the year Robertson told his father he just wanted 30 seconds off the bench for the Waratahs so he could call himself a professional player.

“A lot of things have fallen into place. The onus is on me. It still hasn’t full sunk in yet.”

He said he felt a fraud being given the nickname “doc” by teammates and he had a word of warning for Coleman when he asked if he could stitch his lip split against South Africa last weekend.

“I said the only stitches I’d done was on a pig carcass so it probably wasn’t going to be as good (as those he had put in),” he said.

And he’s not likely to fix his own injuries, either.

“I dislocated my finger the other day, and it hurt, so I definitely wasn’t going to do it myself,” he said.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...llabies/#page1

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    So is there contacts known by members at Seven, Nine or even Ten in WA that could put out a snippet in the news updates that there's a game going on ... I wonder who the Minister for Tourism that should be promoting and supporting everything that goes on in WA ... even Sport !

vCash
    Timani in & Speight out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kev View Post
    So is there contacts known by members at Seven, Nine or even Ten in WA that could put out a snippet in the news updates that there's a game going on ... I wonder who the Minister for Tourism that should be promoting and supporting everything that goes on in WA ... even Sport !
    I bet said minister of tourism and future knight of the realm, (he wishes), has a ticket and doesn't watch a minute.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I've heard several ads on the radio and there was a discussion about the game on Nova 93.7 this morning, although old mate Shaun McManus said the game was at Domain Stadium (Subiaco Oval)

Apprentice
    vCash
    Rumour has it DHP been told to STFU about sprouting that the all blacks have weaknesses, especially when they have just run around through and over you on your flank for 4 of their 10 tries!

vCash
    The ARU may well give up on rugby in WA the way ticket sales are going! Still tickets available for $20! If we can't fill a 21,000 stadium with genuine rugby fans all is lost! Where are all those club guys who are always moaning about not getting enough from RWA?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    The ARU may well give up on rugby in WA the way ticket sales are going! Still tickets available for $20! If we can't fill a 21,000 stadium with genuine rugby fans all is lost! Where are all those club guys who are always moaning about not getting enough from RWA?
    I agree SNOB, seems like it's all take and no give out there in club land.

To not get a capacity crowd for the first ever test at NIB is really poor form from rugby supporters in WA.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Didn't they only get 14k crowd when they played in Queensland last year?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF1964 View Post
    I agree SNOB, seems like it's all take and no give out there in club land.

To not get a capacity crowd for the first ever test at NIB is really poor form from rugby supporters in WA.
    Because RWA and ARU give then nuffin its better to have Rugby Fans sitting in their bars than at NIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Didn't they only get 14k crowd when they played in Queensland last year?
    That's not the point. We are fighting for survival here.
    Queensland are eat coast rugby heartland. They can afford to be complacent.

Apprentice
    vCash
    The Shed is sold out though but all it is not lost because I have 2 tickets available for cost price at $60 each. Leederville area. PM me.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast