Update: Timani out of match day squad. Mitchell makes cut

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Update: Timani out of match day squad. Mitchell makes cut
    Damn, double damn.

I think some of the bench players should be starting, and vice versa:

Polota Nau, Arnold, (Timani before he was out)....

Agree Holloway has potential.

Imagine a back row of Timani, Pocock and either McCalman or Holloway....

Prefer Speight over Mitchell.

vCash
    Great win by the wallabies after a poor start. There was a lot of good things in the game. The 5 super teams are really building depth in Australian rugby. I don't care what all the dribblers say. We have more depth than we have ever had and more pathways for upcoming talent.
    Not sure why everybody is calling for Cheika's head. 6 months ago he nearly lead us to a world cup trophy. Retirements and injuries have seen a lot of new faces. We are lacking wingers with genuine pace and try scoring ability. The Fijian poached from mungoes will bring us some real menace on the edges. I'd like to see Speight back. DHP couldn't tackle my old mum.
    Folau is 15 because he is a world class 15 and one of the few fullbacks we've had since Ma th hew Burke that can catch a high ball. DHP is good under the high ball but his alarming defensive limitations make him a liability. I dont think he has the speed to be a test try scorer. He looks pedestrian at test level. Kuridrani and Kerevi are good 13's so Folau can be a menace chiming into the backline wider in space. He'll just be cannon fodder for backrowers playing 12. The cry to have him play 12 at test level when he's never played there is bemusing. With quality 13s he can make us look good at 15
    I'd like to have a look at this
    9. Genia
    10. Foley / Cooper
    11 Koroibete (the mungo that can go)
    12 Kerevi
    13 Kuridrani
    14 Speight
    15 Folau
    Lots of fast twitch pace and power there.

I thought Cooper went ok tonight. Foley was good too. Time will tell whether they can play together.

Pocock is at 8 because we dont have a standout 8. McCalman was poor against the allblacks. Does Timani play 8 for Melbourne? I thought he was a lock? I like McMahon. Hes just 'ard and hes the sort of bloke we need to beat the allblacks. Im not sure where his best spot is.
    Hooker is a problem for us. Moore and TPN are both past their best. Time to prepare the next one.....but who?
    Great to see some real talent and options coming through at prop and lock. Some real tall timber with Arnold and Adam Coleman. Simmons is hopefully in the dustbin. He has always been shite.
    The future is so bright I gotta wear shades
    Long live 5 Australian super rugby teams

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rex Messup; 10-09-16 at 21:00.
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Wondered where you had gotten to, Rex. You've been waiting all this time for Cheika to get a win!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good to see you back Rex!
    Just started replying and realised that no matter how you try and coat it the Wallabies are crap! We were lucky at the WC since then we have disintegrated. Should we bring people back from overseas? I don't know but if we want to be the best or beat the best use every trick in the book! We need a real no 8 I think Benny Mc is good enough but injurys keeping him out so start with Mc Mahon.
    Agreed re who the hells our new hooker? Also who the hell is our new captain? Please don sayHooper!

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Sorry but DHP was one of the best tonight. Tackled very hard and was in the thick of it most times. When given the ball he made metres in traffic. Not exactly winger work but did what was needed.

Rookie
    vCash
    See Clarckie was at his best tonight. The second rower that scored for Australia tonight was a Tasmanian-nothing else. He should be shot with a ball of his own shit.My neighbours don't deserve to be subjected to the torrent of foul mouthed abuse that comes from my lounge room when he seems to deliberately put the Force down. I bet next year if Godwin and Jooste play for the Brumbies he'll only describe them as South African born. Wanker.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Sorry but DHP was one of the best tonight. Tackled very hard and was in the thick of it most times. When given the ball he made metres in traffic. Not exactly winger work but did what was needed.
    Rex was right about his speed though, he's not quick enough to be a winger. He needs to play fullback, I don't know whether that need is great enough to put izzy in the centres or not, but we need more speed on the chalk

C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I saw in the pre-game show that Pocock is listed at 113kg. Is that right? 10kg more than previous years- wonder if that affects his effectiveness?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ranga View Post
    See Clarckie was at his best tonight. The second rower that scored for Australia tonight was a Tasmanian-nothing else. He should be shot with a ball of his own shit.My neighbours don't deserve to be subjected to the torrent of foul mouthed abuse that comes from my lounge room when he seems to deliberately put the Force down. I bet next year if Godwin and Jooste play for the Brumbies he'll only describe them as South African born. Wanker.
    Yet he was banging on about Melbourne Rebel Reece Hodge ex Manly etc etc..

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ranga View Post
    Kyle is a Zimbo not a saffa.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    I don't think Godwin will get a Wallaby cap until he gets rid of that silly bloody grubber down the touchlines. His kicking skills are below average and the waste of possession that results from it will not get it done at test level. Was at it again for NSW Country today with the poor kicking. Threw a massive hospital pass to Faingaa aswell. Pity, he's almost there but still hasn't fixed some holes in his skillset.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    At least our scrum and line out were much better. As the game progressed we started to play like we have a game plan and strategy. The Boks did the reverse.

vCash
    Coleman looked at least half a foot taller last night than I remember

vCash
    Godwin joined the Brumbies. What a relief. Too small too slow. He kicks everything. He will play in the Canberra comp and fade into oblivion....he never was

Controversy corner

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast