Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: New Coach announced - Dave Wessels

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    When they do go it would be good to do it all on one day so it is not drawn out. Better to rip the bandaid off all in one go. Frankly I am overwhelmingly appreciative that the players have acted the way they have. How proud do they still keep on talking about the club and supporters.

I would and do not think anything bad about the players needing to go. It is their livelihood and how they support their families.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    When they do go it would be good to do it all on one day so it is not drawn out. Better to rip the bandaid off all in one go. Frankly I am overwhelmingly appreciative that the players have acted the way they have. How proud do they still keep on talking about the club and supporters.

I would and do not think anything bad about the players needing to go. It is their livelihood and how they support their families.
    Agreed. They've given their all for us and I don't begrudge them one bit for making whatever decision is the best for them.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Super Rugby: Western Force coach David Wessels being hotly pursued by Melbourne Rebels

WESTERN Force coach Dave Wessels says he won’t make a decision on his future until hearing more details about Andrew Forrest’s breakaway rugby competition.

The Melbourne Rebels are reportedly keen to lure Wessels to the club as their new head coach following the departure of Tony McGahan.

Should Wessels head to the Rebels, a host of the Force’s best players could follow him there in what would be a major boon for the Melbourne franchise.

The Force will no longer compete in Super Rugby after being axed by the ARU.

RugbyWA’s Supreme Court appeal failed to overturn the decision.

In the wake of the Force’s axing, Forrest vowed to launch a breakaway rugby competition that takes in teams from the Indo Pacific region.

Teams from Japan, China, New Zealand, Tonga, Fiji, Singapore, and Hong Kong could feature in the competition.

Initially, it seemed like the new league would be in direct competition with Super Rugby.

But Forrest has since offered an olive branch to the ARU, with the competition expected to be played at a different time to the Super season.

If that’s the case, it could leave the door open for Wessels to coach the Perth-based team in the new competition, as well as the Rebels.

Forrest is expected to hold a press conference on Wednesday to unveil more details about the competition, and Wessels will hold fire on any decisions until at least then.

“I’m very flattered that there’s some interest in me from different places,” Wessels said.

“Just like the players, I want to make a decision with my family.

“At the moment, we don’t have the complete information in terms of the alternatives.”

The Melbourne Rebels are on the search for a new head coach following Tony McGahan’s departure.
    Wessels, 34, is already rated as one of the brightest coaching prospects in Australian rugby.

The first-year coach is settled in Perth with his young family, but he may find it hard to resist the lure of coaching the Rebels.

“I feel very grateful for everyone in Australian rugby who has helped me,” Wessels said.

“There’s a huge part of me that want to repay some of their faith in me.

“At the same time, I have ambitions that one day I’d like to be among the best coaches in the world, and at the moment I think I’m quite far from that.”

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/ru...2316acafd6bc29

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    After his season with us he'll find work easily. Hope it is with Munster as some others were saying. If he goes to Melbourne I wont feel any ill will towards him a man has to make a living...but Melbourne the team and the city can eat a buffet of dicks.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Apprentice
    vCash
    He is a intelligent man. To start cold in attempting to rebuild the Rebels in a dying SR competition within a 36mth period (at best), in a state that has the lowest membership, grassroots and competing with the most successful NRL team, is not something you would think lightly about or risk when you have built up a such a reputation.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    He is a intelligent man. To start cold in attempting to rebuild the Rebels in a dying SR competition within a 36mth period (at best), in a state that has the lowest membership, grassroots and competing with the most successful NRL team, is not something you would think lightly about or risk when you have built up a such a reputation.
    And also with their dubious financial background and future!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skipper View Post
    I would disagree with you Skipper, he has somewhat done the same with us! On top of that he will, as indicated get some of our best players to follow him. Also remember that the Rebels nearly made the finals in 2016, they do have some very talented players.

Player
    vCash
    When he signed on as head coach with the Force the ARU was saying "The Alliance Agreement will ensure the Force is here for the long term". I know they had their fingers crossed behind their collective backs, but Blood wasn't to know that.

I think he'll do the best thing for himself and his family, and I have no problem with that. I just hope it is in the west. But I don't think he'll be under any illusion about the nature of the ARU and the Rebels hierarchy.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    But I don't think he'll be under any illusion about the nature of the ARU and the Rebels hierarchy.
    No reason he should be. Nobody else in the country is.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    No reason he should be. Nobody else in the country is.
    John eales probably is. At least That's what hell say to maintain the illusion of integrity

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    John eales probably is. At least That's what hell say to maintain the illusion of integrity
    I heard an interesting story the other day.

Anyone want to have a guess who John Eales next door neighbor is here in Sydney??

Bill Pulver

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Hang on! Didn't 7 Mile's mate stay with Pulver's next door neighbour? The one who told 7 Pulver was a bullshitting tosser or something similar? Must be the other next door neighbour. Or not........

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Hang on! Didn't 7 Mile's mate stay with Pulver's next door neighbour? The one who told 7 Pulver was a bullshitting tosser or something similar? Must be the other next door neighbour. Or not........
    I call complete bullshit. Sevenmile doesn't have mates.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    so reading from that article it sounds like we could lose the coach and players to another super rugby team, most likely be Rebels but they could come back to us for the new comp which would basically be replacing the NRC so would be pretty much the Perth Spirit. Not the best outcome obviously but at least we would keep most of our team together. Look forward to hearing from Twiggy tomorrow

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    so reading from that article it sounds like we could lose the coach and players to another super rugby team, most likely be Rebels but they could come back to us for the new comp which would basically be replacing the NRC so would be pretty much the Perth Spirit. Not the best outcome obviously but at least we would keep most of our team together. Look forward to hearing from Twiggy tomorrow
    The thing I worry about is them being infected by the Rebels disease and becoming a bunch of wank. Like when players having a cracking season join the Wallabies and play worse after that, bad habits.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast