Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: New Coach announced - Dave Wessels

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by trytime View Post
    Tazzmania must be an employee of rugbywa with ambitions!!
    Says Tom Fearns cheersquad.....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Next up is his coaching team ... the big worry here is whether Foote stays ?

Player
    vCash
    Why would you sack the head coach for poor performance and appoint his assistant who has also been there through the same period? Are they saying Wessels instilled none of his ideas while assistant and was a yes man to Foley? Just reaffirms the Force has a club with zero ambition and simply there to fill a timeslot. Also continues to show the nepotism in Australian rugby.

Unfortunately I think Sinderberry is now showing the rot starts at the top. He continues to make poor decisions.

I'm trying to find a good reason why I shouldn't cancel my membership.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Can someone enlighten me as to whom was actually on the short list? Was Wessels simply the best available for the price on offer?

vCash
    Email I received this morning from old mate Sinders (or at least least one of his office monkeys)

Dear Jargs,

I am delighted to announce the appointment of David Wessels as the Head Coach of the Western Force.

Dave was appointed Head Coach on the recommendation of the Western Force's Coach Selection Panel, which included senior management from both the Western Force and the Australian Rugby Union.

The panel interviewed a number of strong candidates, but it was decided that Dave was the right man to take this club forward. As you are aware we were looking for a Head Coach that could demonstrate a number of attributes we had identified as important for the future of our rugby program. We felt that Dave excelled across many of these, but his first strength is that he dearly upholds the values of the game of rugby, which is critical to allow the club to move forward, to fully embrace our rugby community and our passionate fan base.

We want to be known as a club where players develop and ultimately become better rugby players and better people, and we need our rugby program to support this, which is where Dave also excelled in the interview process.

Our full statement, which includes comment from Dave, is available on the website and I encourage you to read this.

Yours in Rugby,

Mark Sinderberry

Last edited by jargan83; 07-09-16 at 08:27.

vCash
    I'm trying to find a good reason why I shouldn't cancel my membership.[/QUOTE]

Here's one good reason: In the T&C's if you have opted for the auto renewal and cancel your membership you are up for a $100 cancelation fee!

Unfortunately I think Sinderberry is now showing the rot starts at the top. He continues to make poor decisions.

Well I for one am not surprised by this. Those who lobbied for Foley to go as "the fish rots from the top" were blind sided by the real puppet master. Sinders has what he wanted and he has no care factor for what he has to shit on to get it.

I wish Blood luck as he is going to need it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Wessels? What a load of wank.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr X View Post
    I'm trying to find a good reason why I shouldn't cancel my membership.
    Here's one good reason: In the T&C's if you have opted for the auto renewal and cancel your membership you are up for a $100 cancelation fee!

.[/QUOTE]

I suspected there be a clause like that. Plus I am just venting my unhappiness at the decision. I still will support the club and the players.

Senior Player
    vCash
    You must be kidding......

vCash
    Looks like the RugbyWA/ARU alliance have gone for the bargain basement option.

Have to say it doesn't fill me with confidence, I'd like to see the actual criteria or at least have the process justified. A propaganda piece from the CEO isn't exactly the best source.

Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I suppose we should be glad the local garbo didn't apply!
    Don't speak too soon, the local garbo will probably be appointed as one of his assistant coaches.

vCash
    I feel sorry for Foley right at this moment. Usurped by his 'untried and untested' assistant.

I'm renewing, but reserving all judgment about the appointment until about the end of March. This next season is make or break in lots of ways.

Hope they now get on and re-sign Hodgo as captain!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Red Carded
    vCash
    Can someone blame the referee as he is the normal scapegoat at the force
    Sinderberry has locked in the demise of the force regardless if they make the finals or not
    Wessels is easily desposed of and means nothing to the ARU when the force are relocated
    I have been along with a few others predicting this for a few years and now you seem so surprised
    I have met the man and he cannot be trusted

vCash
    It's this para in Sinderberry's letter that I find really quite intriguing (and telling?):

"We want to be known as a club where players develop and ultimately become better rugby players and better people, and we need our rugby program to support this, which is where Dave also excelled in the interview process."

Sounds rather like they are positioning the Force more as a training/feeder squad than a championship-winning franchise in its own right. Maybe this is the ARU's long term vision for 'the fifth SR franchise'??

I'd like to ask Mark to expand on that at the next members' forum on 21 Sept.

Anyone else have any thoughts on that para?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Unfortunately for Foley, as nice a bloke as he is, his history of winning shows he was not up to the job.
    The Reds were woeful under Captain Dick even though Stiles was an assistant coach but Brisbane City showed how good Stiles can be if he's allowed to run the game. (I'm seriously worried about how good the Reds can be next year with Stiles running things and Cooper back at fly half)

As much as I'm disappointed in the signing of an untried and relatively inexperienced coach, I am willing to at least give him one season to prove himself. God knows the cattle is there.

For me, just as importantly as how the Force do on the field, I want to see a continued encouragement of the local players in their super rugby ambitions. What I don't want to see is the local players being pushed aside for imports from south africa.
    I also want to see Wessels be more involved in the local club sides.
    The best thing for rugby in WA is to train our local coaches as well as our local players.
    Getting local coaches involved in our super rugby side is just as important as getting our local players involved.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Irrespective of who was going to be chosen as coach, the negative comments would have still been made.

Yes this is a make or break season and irrespective of our feelings the survival of the Force depends on whether we are there to support them or not.

We can all turn our backs on them now and accept that without members and supporters the end of Super rugby in Perth will happen and we can then all pat ourselves on the back and say I told you so.

None of us know or have sat down with Dave to see what he knows and offers going forward, we are basing everything on emotions and perceptions.

The better option would be for us to get behind the coach, the team and having a team in Perth, and show them what the sea of blue is really all about. Lets show them what the sea of blue is all about and why it is crucial to the rugby footprint in Australia.

We are all in this together, the odds are stacked against us, so lets rise and see what our boys can achieve.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast