Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: bledisloe match 2 2016

vCash
    Kiwis all over us again... We just can't match it.

I don't like blaming the ref for the overall outcome of the match. And indeed no matter what I think we'd have lost tonight.
    But poite is just so incompetent he shouldn't ever be allowed to officiate a match ever again

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    What happened at that last ruck and did Savea have anything to do with it?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Savea came all the way from our own tryline to cause that spill, he was so far offside I'm pretty sure the wallabies actually thought he was our scrumhalf

vCash
    it will be interesting to see how the springboks go we are so far behind i love them and will be behind them all the way go WALLABIES

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    it will be interesting to see how the springboks go we are so far behind i love them and will be behind them all the way go WALLABIES
    Just a top notch contribution to a bledisloe thread you've made there!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Cheika has no idea really. He (not for the first time) has encouraged his players to confuse aggression with stupidity. All this talk about being abrasive - in the game, sure, in the tackle, in the cleanout - but no cheap shots, please.

We need a new captain. Moore isn't even the second best hooker in Australia. We need someone respected who could have pointed out that every time the All Blicks were under pressure, they slowed the ball down illegally. They are past masters at that. And they were offside with their rush defense all night.

I think Cheika commands as much respect from refs as does Moore - ie little or none.

And Nathan Grey, as defence coach - it's back to the drawing board for you, notwithstanding (as has been pointed out) many were playing out of position.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    And Nathan Grey, as defence coach - it's back to the drawing board for you, notwithstanding (as has been pointed out) many were playing out of position.
    Couldn't agree more, pitiful display on D - just no idea. Everyone is under no misapprehension , in attack and defence the Blacks bring pressure, it causes mistakes, and the Wallabys made heaps.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If our defence was rubbish last week it's going to be even worse with Cooper back in the mix!!!
    It's funny how centre after centre was injured, and Cooper suddenly became a potential saviour, rather than the third option.
    The "hands in the air, like you just can't tackle" on Leinart Brown, and his "turnstile"on Dagg were just disgraceful.
    Putting guys in a Bledisloe team who score heaps against Algeria and Georgia is never going to cut it. The minimum is to be able to start and finish a tackle. Grey should be hammering them on defence, it was just awful. AAC also deserves plaudits for his "Giteau front on tackle" impersonation, nearly breaking his neck.

Player
    vCash
    I don't think Cheika is enjoying this as much as he thought he would. I predict he won't resign and lose face but will walk claiming outside influences are stopping him coaching how he wants.

vCash
    World reacts to ‘disgraceful’ Bledisloe Cup eye gouge

http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/w...b39169820cde87

OWEN Franks may have been cleared in a shock decision by SANZAAR, but the court of public opinion has delivered a damning verdict against the All Blacks grub.

The New Zealand prop was not even cited in a match review by SANZAAR officials despite footage clearly showing he twice smothered Wallabies lock Kane Douglas’ face with his hand in an act that has been labelled a deliberate eye gouge by some rugby commentators.

The shock decision following the All Blacks’ 29-9 Bledisloe Cup-sealing victory, which will allow Franks to play against Argentina in New Zealand on September 10, has been met with outrage around the world.

Interesting to see O'Driscoll pitching in on this.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Argentina and South Africa would have been thinking surely 6weeks to 18years as is what is handed out to the Pumas and Boks if there is even a sniff of contact with the face.

All Blacks should have checked who was wearing the invisibility cloak first, and will this be the tipping point where the ABs start to get reffed as per everyone else?

This is like watching your little brother do something that your old man beat the snot out you for, only for him to get away with it.

vCash
    I know that in soccer the match reviewers can only adjudicate on incidents which the ref has missed; they can't adjudicate on something which the ref sees and dismisses.
    Seeing as the gouging was blatant and in front of Poite (Poite seems to be pointing to something which was either the gouge or adjacent to it) is it that the reviewers can't review it unless a white card was issued? (Or has that idea been dropped?)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I know that in soccer the match reviewers can only adjudicate on incidents which the ref has missed; they can't adjudicate on something which the ref sees and dismisses.
    Seeing as the gouging was blatant and in front of Poite (Poite seems to be pointing to something which was either the gouge or adjacent to it) is it that the reviewers can't review it unless a white card was issued? (Or has that idea been dropped?)
    Luckily this is not the case for Rugby as we do see yellow cards being upgraded to red cards and weeks of suspension. So my guess would be that the citing team can cite anything that happened during the game that either the ref did not penalise accordingly or missed altogether.

vCash
    If as commentators say, every kid in NZ grows up wanting to play for the all blacks, how many of them will believe that contact with the face is acceptable now. This has set an unacceptable example and SANZAAR &/or WorldRugby are being negligent.
    How can a governing body step in on name calling as per Marler/Gipsygate then let this go ... and then to cover themselves no action is taken on that pathetic tantrum by Phipps in hurling ... not just kicking it as he goes past, but hurling the boot away like a 9year old.

We need to get our house in order as rugby stands above other sports in its discipline and respect.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Read an article yesterday that suggested that our behaviour on the field is reflective of Cheika's general behaviour and 'lack of class'. Can't remember where I read it but it did strike a chord. Cheika is a bogan!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast