Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast
Results 1,306 to 1,320 of 1433

Thread: Mindless Chatter

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    How old is your child may I ask? I would still go and I hope he wins a few trophies to show the Principal on his return.
    U14 - The issue I have is more to do with the fact that he is enrolled in an elite football academy that has been set up to provide these kids with a pathway to professional Football through high school. The Singa Cup is well known as a Scouting drawcard so it stands to logic that we would seize as many opportunities for exposure as we can.

and secondly; Football West sends a State Country team to it every year (Apparently if he was in that team they would've sanctioned it) but as he is now Metro based he is not eligible to play for the State regional team.
    Hes not going there to sightsee, he has to play 5 games in 4 days and has to do catch-up school work on his return. anyway - his attendance is pretty good apart from time off for orthodontist so shouldn't be a big issue unless they make it one... I know in the UK parents have been fined etc. for taking kids on holidays but this can hardly be placed in that category.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You may have already done this but I would seek clarification on this policy. As it appears, the matter is not solely one for the principal to decide because "the parent" IS providing an explanation........

Unauthorised Absence

Unauthorised absences encompass truancy, those not considered acceptable by the principal, nominee or the Department of Education and where an explanation has not been provided by the parent.

http://det.wa.edu.au/policies/detcms...sed-absence.en

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    K - Unauthorised Vacation
    This code identifies students whose parents have taken them on an in-term holiday (or a trip to Singapore to play in an international soccer tournament) and the principal has not authorised the absence.

essentially the regulation is such that "only in exceptional circumstances" and where the parents have negotiated the absence with the principle will they change it to being an "Authorised absence". so simply put they've said No they wont authorise it as he is not representing the state (which would've been the "exceptional circumstance")

Senior Player
    vCash
    Zim you young fella won’t get too many chances in life to do what he loves. Grip it with both hands and do it. This may be his only shot at it. Mate there’s plenty of good schools about, but not many chances like that to be seen. Golden opportunity awaits. Half the reason our kids are not doing their best is because of the politically correct shit that schools and society serve up to them. (No offence intended to you Gigs)

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    K - Unauthorised Vacation
    This code identifies students whose parents have taken them on an in-term holiday (or a trip to Singapore to play in an international soccer tournament) and the principal has not authorised the absence.

essentially the regulation is such that "only in exceptional circumstances" and where the parents have negotiated the absence with the principle will they change it to being an "Authorised absence". so simply put they've said No they wont authorise it as he is not representing the state (which would've been the "exceptional circumstance")
    Ask for forgiveness - not permission. 1 - 1.5 weeks off now won’t make or break year 12 graduation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    (No offence intended to you Gigs)
    No offense taken Boof, I actually agree with you.

Unfortunately this sort of crap is generated by Political correctness, lawyers, insurance companies and associated tall poppy choppers.

It's hard as hell to organise a school endorsed tour to anywhere these days so most schools will refuse to endorse the tour, read the standard boilerplate about kids being marked absent and pretend to be surprised when the parents choose the opportunity of representation on the international stage.

I would be checking the School assessment policy for the percentage of absences before graduation is at risk, they're usually pretty generous (up to 20% in some cases) so it probably won't be a big deal.

C'mon the

vCash
    yeah thanks for the positive feedback guys. their attendance policy is 90% so pretty lean but I think he should be ok, pretty sure medical absences are exempt from that percentage in which case he has no issue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    yeah thanks for the positive feedback guys. their attendance policy is 90% so pretty lean but I think he should be ok, pretty sure medical absences are exempt from that percentage in which case he has no issue
    Been a while but I’m pretty sure WACE requirements is min 70% attendance (gigs is that right?) So a school imposing a stricter requirement - especially if i’m right in my assumption this is a certain public school who has run a football program for god knows how long now - would have some issues in expelling a student for 89%
    Also if it’s a program anyway connected to the education department that is taking him to Singapore they can’t really say it’s an unauthorised absense. Principal might just be a dickhead.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Been a while but I’m pretty sure WACE requirements is min 70% attendance (gigs is that right?) So a school imposing a stricter requirement - especially if i’m right in my assumption this is a certain public school who has run a football program for god knows how long now - would have some issues in expelling a student for 89%
    Also if it’s a program anyway connected to the education department that is taking him to Singapore they can’t really say it’s an unauthorised absense. Principal might just be a dickhead.
    It's a prominent Fremantle school. (Has many famous alumni such as Megan Gale, Sam Worthington, Lisa De Vanna etc.) Unfortunately although they have a requirement for soccer program students to be aligned with an NPL club they are in no way affiliated with any particular club and as such only endorse FootballWest team events. (WA agegroup rep sides and WA country rep sides)
    Funny thing is the top NPL sides will 9 times out of ten wipe the floor with the Country rep side...

vCash
    1 - 1.5 weeks off now won’t make or break year 12 graduation
    Definitely not. I went to school with lads who were doing Year 11 and 12 away from school by correspondence as they were training for Olympic.

Go on the trip, Football is picking up kids way younger than 14 so you don't know if your boy will get another chance. There are Australia boys his age over in England now training with Premier League and Championship clubs.

Normally would sympathise with parents that have taken kids away particularly when they are in Primary School (my parents did it with school approval and others did too) but this guy in the article below is the Cameron de Clyne of the Ambulance Chasing world. He makes his money off those annoying ads that help you claim money back but you will be robbed of a significant percentage which could leave you no better off. The UK has a whole industry for Slater and Gordon type businesses and he often goes public on the radio when he can't get his own way with financial institutions.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...-legally-take/

Last edited by Bakkies; 02-11-17 at 19:58.
    'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Anyone else having trouble posting on rugby.com.au? I cannot get a post on there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    Anyone else having trouble posting on rugby.com.au? I cannot get a post on there.
    I wonder why. Are they monitoring posts from Force fans telling it how it is?

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    Probably set it up so all inbound traffic from WA can't pass their firewall.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    I wonder why. Are they monitoring posts from Force fans telling it how it is?
    Long arm of the ARU?

vCash
    Rabbit proof fence was the original firewall

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 88 of 96 FirstFirst ... 38 78 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 ... LastLast