Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: NESTOR NAMES 35-MAN PERTH SPIRIT SQUAD

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Both Meaks and Rona have a sniff of the ARU pulling some strings. That's not a bad thing and really about bloody time that worked in our favor.

The thing I'm really waiting on though is the announcement of coach. That will really tell me if people are being serious about this whole thing.
    Don't hold your breath M15!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm thinking Wessels will get the coaching gig. He's already here so no relocation costs; he knows the players & set up so no bedding-in time needed; and as it'll be his first major coaching gig he'll be cheaper. Not sure how I feel about that as an outcome, but he would fit with the sort of broad role that Sinderberry outlined at the members' forum a couple of weeks ago.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I'm thinking Wessels will get the coaching gig. He's already here so no relocation costs; he knows the players & set up so no bedding-in time needed; and as it'll be his first major coaching gig he'll be cheaper. Not sure how I feel about that as an outcome, but he would fit with the sort of broad role that Sinderberry outlined at the members' forum a couple of weeks ago.
    No offence to David (he says when he's about to say something offensive) but he's had his go for the last god knows how long and, from the outside at least, has shown no success.
    I don't want a 'might be'! I want someone with a proven track record of success.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don't think that's a smart move at all. We need someone who is experienced and has a proven record of turning teams around & making them into consistently achieving ones.
    cant afford not to have this new coach work. otherwise it'll be 4 coaches in a row that have failed to make any sort of real progress into the competition.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don't know who we can attract, but if we can't find somebody better than Dave Wessels my new found optimism will disappear in an instant!

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Am I paranoid but I notice that DHP and McCalman not included in the Perth Spirit even as Wallaby Marquee players. NSW Country leaked and Rays officially released. Does that mean they are Western Sydney Rams.

Champion
    vCash
    According to the ARU website our marquee Wallabies are : Coleman, DHP, McCalman and Morahan

http://www.rugby.com.au/news/2016/08...spirited-perth

Perth Spirit will begin their campaign against Melbourne Rising at McGillivray Oval on August 27.

Full Squad
    Jermaine Ainsley, AJ Alatimu, Marcel Brache, Brad Campbell, Pek Cowan, Louie David, Manihera Eden, Mees Erasmus, Richard Hardwick, Onehunga Havilli, Ross Haylett-Petty, Beau Kin, Grayson Knapp, Kane Koteka, Jono Lance, Ryan Louwrens, Semisi Masirewa, Liaone Mulikihaamea, Ian Prior, Anaru Rangi, Michael Ruru, Harry Scoble, Auega Seumanutafa, Brynard Stander, Ben Tapuai, Heath Tessmann, Eric Vasukicakau, James Verity-Amm, Shambeckler Vui, James Wepener and Riley Winter.

Marquee Wallabies Players: Adam Coleman, Dane Haylett-Petty, Ben McCalman and Luke Morahan.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    I was told today by a member of Rugby WA's Board that we wouldn't be getting a name Coach. My comment was you might as well close down the Force as by 2021 they'll be based in Gosford. Apparently both Meyer and Lancaster applied but they were told they were unsuccessful. By prepared for more of the same, with either the current heiracy or an Eastern States reject such as O'Connor from Queensland. One comment that was made, that whoever gets it must have a far better connect with Community Rugby as Foley had absolutely none.

vCash
    Not getting a name coach will hurt them in the short term. They will struggle to attract players and members making both the ceo and the coach have to work harder to turn things around.

If they get the right coach, who can turn around a team of rejects and bit-part players into a moderately successful team the club might survive, but I'd reckon that's doing it the hard way now. Better to spend a bit more on the coach now and not be fighting the same fight in 2 years time

C'mon the

vCash

Exclamation Eddie?!

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    If they get the right coach, who can turn around a team of rejects and bit-part players into a moderately successful team...
    Sounds like a Jake White or a Rod MacQueen. The only one in world rugby like that, that I can think at the moment, is (heaven forbid!) Eddie Jones.

Last edited by chibi; 14-08-16 at 10:24.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Rookie
    vCash
    One of the good things to look for in the NRC 16 for Perth Spirit is the competition between Riley Winter, Brad Campbell and Grayson Knapp fight over a potential Force Contract. Will this see the start of the Tapuai/Meakes centre combination that rolls into the Force starting Centre combination.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Having a coach which is rising up through the ranks in not necessarily a bad thing. If you remember back to the members forum Mark explained how it was not just going to be a new head coach that was going to change our results but the rugby program in general. He explained a number of ways on how we can improve the rugby program, like more support for the head coach. He explained that if we can produce a good rugby program with these new ideas then that is what will attract players, especially young players looking to develop their game. This will only happen within a few years and not overnight but it will benefit the force in the long term. Having a coach who is rising through the ranks also brings new ideas themselves to the club. We dont necessarily need a 'high profile coach' but a good coach who is going to be determined and dedicated to the force long term (i.e 5 years).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2