Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Tonight's Force Member's Meeting Roll Call

Rookie
    vCash

Tonight's Force Member's Meeting Roll Call

I wanted to make one last push to publicise the member's meeting tonight; and I didn't want to bury it in another thread. I'm sure you can still come even if you haven't RSVP'd yet; but if you can, send note to Jess (jessica.wedlake@westernforce.com.au). Much of the discussion will probably be around the coach hiring process, but all things Force are open (player contracts, NRC, admin frustrations).

This event will be held in the Multifunction Room with doors opening at 6:30pm for a 6:45pm start. Please note that the entrance to the Multifunction room is located behind the team store.

The effort and voice put forth by the group over 10 years ago worked once and it can work again. So come out and show your support and be heard. Hope to see many of you there tonight!!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I'll be there. First time I've been to the building though.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Already on the list and will be there tonight with my son.

As arugger has mentioned the Force are trying to engage with us, so lets use this opportunity to start being a part of making sure the Force survives beyond 2020.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Unfortunately iv been called into work tonight and wont be able to attend.

One thing that i would like someone to ask which has been bugging me for the last few years is the continual loss of our identity.

That being out team colors. Where the hell has the move to white come from.

Originally we were a club of Blue black and yellow/gold.

Then we were told that the away jersey needs to be white and we lost the amazing yellow jersey. However other teams namely the brumbies and Reds arent required to have white away jerseys. '

Then this year all of a sudden the Home strip had a very predominate white feel to it.

We are the sea of blue and white has no place on our home jersey or any other jersey for that matter.

When will we move back to an all blue one and yellow away jersey and if that's not an option why not.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    “Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    I'm not able to make it either (and probably too cynical atm to be helpful anyway). But if there was one question I would ask it would be "What is the fundamental change in direction/strategy that is planned to change the fortunes of the club?". The club has been run the "normal" way for 11 years now, fitting in with the other teams and leveraging off their structures - it has brought the team to the verge of non-existence. So, what are the ARU planning to do fundamentally differently from here on, or is it just going to shuffle some deck chairs and continue down the same old path hoping that things will somehow all change for the better?

An interesting follow-up if anyone is feeling mischievous would be "If things do turn around, would the ARU see ongoing success/finals for the Force rather than other Australian teams as 'in the interest of Australian Rugby'?" (to quote what Pulver actually said)

Champion
    vCash
    Seeing as the last meeting was the day before Foley was sacked and not a peep was mentioned at that meeting, i doubt you'll get any juicy info from Sinderberry but good on him for fronting the fans.

My question would be : The draft draw for next season has us playing 5 of our first 6 games away from home. How in the hell are we going to be in a position to push for finals when we have such a handicapped start to the season? And how will you keep the interest in the season going if we start, say, 2-4 after such a start to the season?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I'll be there with Mr Perth Girl

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    For all of you that cannot make it there will possibly be a another opportunity next month if tonight's turnout is respectable.

However I implore all that can make it, please do so, so that you can ask your questions face to face and debate the answers rather than being keyboard warriors.

At stake is the future of our Force, so lets get serious and be building blocks rather than destructive bombs.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Obviously i wont be able to attend.

but along with the meeting having several major items to discuss as mentioned above; GAFFA raises an absoutley spectacular point.
    why must we radically alter the jersey every year or two years.

can we PLEASE go back to the ORIGINAL blue and f**king keep it?

and collars *cough* 09 jersey *cough* - but i'll settle for the colour at the moment

vCash
    With luck they will announce that Hodgo has been re-signed!!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post

My question would be : The draft draw for next season has us playing 5 of our first 6 games away from home. How in the hell are we going to be in a position to push for finals when we have such a handicapped start to the season? And how will you keep the interest in the season going if we start, say, 2-4 after such a start to the season?

Can someone please ask questions about the draft draw for next year?

A change is required, If the Force have got any hope of attracting fans and members back next year.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    As MI5 Dog said in other thread:I want someone with a proven track record
    not a lot of 'could be', 'might be' and 'give them a crack at it'
    What I also DON'T want is any coach that's been at the Force in the last 11 years
    You've had your go mate, bugger off.
    This would be a great comment to make tonight before they start interviews.

vCash
    While I would love to attend this evening, and Kudos to everyone involved in getting this off the ground, my health prohibits me from attending.
    I also strongly encourage anyone that can attend to do so. These blokes need to understand that we are, as fans, as much, if not more, owners of the team than anyone else.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    well the ARU own the force,

we're (the overall member base) certainly stakeholders though. (who's input seems not to be heard)

vCash
    All spots filled up.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast