Thread: Some future force news

Senior Player
    vCash

Some future force news

Anderson celebrates Force’s win at Club 10s
    19th Jul 2016 6:56 AM
    STEVE Anderson has played a lead role in Super Rugby franchise the Western Force winning its first piece of sporting silverware.

The former Central Queensland director of rugby was manager of the team which was recently crowned the World Club 10s rugby champions in Mauritius.

Seven members of the Future Force Foundation high-performance squad which Anderson oversees were members of the team which beat the star-studded ACT Brumbies 7-nil in the grand final.

"It is the Western Force's first trophy of any kind in its 11-year history so it wasn't too bad at all," Anderson said.

"To be involved with this squad was a thrill and indicates the Western Force has plenty to look forward to in years to come after a disappointing 2016 campaign."

On the way to winning the title, the Western Force defeated highly fancied title contenders Toulon (French Top 14 champions) and the Asia Pacific Dragons, which contained several former All Blacks stars.

Anderson, who took up his appointment with the Western Australian rugby franchise in January, said the impressive victory in Mauritius provided a ringing endorsement for his program.

"We have been training with the nucleus of this squad since January with several key players already making Super Rugby debuts this season, a good indicator that the program has substance," he said.

"I've put a lot of structural framework around the delivery of our rugby concepts that also includes a formal leadership program. It's not just about rugby - producing well-rounded athletes is key.

"It's the education and learning for post-career which is highly important."

Anderson's role also involves talent identification and he has been eyeing potential Western Force recruits from Queensland talent pools.

That included a visit to the Confraternity Carnival recently staged in Rockhampton, which involved 48 rugby league teams.

"Many of the league products in Queensland play rugby so it makes sense to explore all possible avenues," he said.

"Obviously I was familiar with a lot of the kids, particularly those out of the Central Queensland nursery, and it was quite easy for me to earmark some talent.

"Two local products have caught my eye and potentially could soon be on a pathway to rugby success with the Western Force."

http://www.themorningbulletin.com.au...cals-/3063692/ 

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Wonderful bit of self promotion. We need another queenslander as much as we need more south Africans.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    or New Zealanders

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    The West has a small item saying we have signed second rower Ben Matwijow

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Considering that Qld won the Super U/20s and had the highest representation in the Australian U/20s, this is not such a bad idea to be looking for potential Future Force recruits. The whole idea of the Future Force is to identify the best possible up and coming talent regardless of where they come from. The Future Force academy is going to be vital in our future recruitment. Signing journeyman players has gotten us where? We need to be finding the diamonds in the rough and developing our local WA talent.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah its not like QLD don't do it. They had Lukhan Tui (NSW) and Taniela Tupou (NZ? Tonga?) as cornerstones of their pack.

The Vics also had a few blow ins like Harley Fox (QLD).

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Champion
    vCash
    Qld getting Tupou led Vui to Perth. If it was up to me i wouldve chased Angus Scott young pretty hard but he just signed with the reds, Simon Kennewell would be a handy pickup too. Jayden Ngamanu would be good to get back to perth.
    Besides, we are now a target for recruitment for other teams (Ainsley turning down the Chiefs and Highlanders) so why not join them? We wont get anywhere if we are off the pace identifying talent.