Thread: Perth Glory to move ther HQ to Western Force's HQ in Mt. Claremont

Rookie
    vCash

Perth Glory to move ther HQ to Western Force's HQ in Mt. Claremont

I'm surprised that no one has put this up before me. Yesterday's West on Page 133 with the headline " Iraq friendly for Glory " states " as Glory finalise a shift of their administration base from West Leederville to Western Force Headquarters in Mt. Claremont. Glory are set to share office and gym facilities with the Super Rugby franchise in a cost saving arrangement that will help the financial situation of both clubs. "
    As having a 30 year involvement in local rugby, I feel we've gone backwards in having a home base at Perry Lakes with an HQ neutral home ground, which was traded off for a shiny new office block and gym with a half rugby field out the back, now having to share with another sport.
    It makes you wonder if it is a glance into the future, as to when the Super Rugby agreement is due in a few years time and Perth has a chance of losing it's franchise, then Glory will become major Tennant and Rugby will have gone two steps forward and five steps back.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Beliefs View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has put this up before me. Yesterday's West on Page 133 with the headline " Iraq friendly for Glory " states " as Glory finalise a shift of their administration base from West Leederville to Western Force Headquarters in Mt. Claremont. Glory are set to share office and gym facilities with the Super Rugby franchise in a cost saving arrangement that will help the financial situation of both clubs. "
    As having a 30 year involvement in local rugby, I feel we've gone backwards in having a home base at Perry Lakes with an HQ neutral home ground, which was traded off for a shiny new office block and gym with a half rugby field out the back, now having to share with another sport.
    It makes you wonder if it is a glance into the future, as to when the Super Rugby agreement is due in a few years time and Perth has a chance of losing it's franchise, then Glory will become major Tennant and Rugby will have gone two steps forward and five steps back.
    Or alternatively us minor sports need to stick together to make inroads into the market that is dominated by Aussie rules in WA. United we stand, divided we fall right? I would rather make a deal with them then try to continue fighting the uphill battle with no funds like we have the last ten years.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think I heard that they had been using the gym some time back. Also I think the wild cats and a some others use it so just a case of getting some readies in when it's not being used by the Force I suppose.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Someone mentioned the LFL Angels team using the gym. Might be a way to get players in the weight room in the off-season

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Someone mentioned the LFL Angels team using the gym. Might be a way to get players in the weight room in the off-season
    They could also make a killing by adding gym rights to gold and diamond memberships for a premium added.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Or alternatively us minor sports need to stick together to make inroads into the market that is dominated by Aussie rules in WA. United we stand, divided we fall right? I would rather make a deal with them then try to continue fighting the uphill battle with no funds like we have the last ten years.
    Love this idea, always thought WA State sporting associations should be pooling/sharing resources wherever they can.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Rookie
    vCash
    Well Brisbane Roar have in the past used Ballymore as a training base. QRU sued for overdue payments but Roar likely to move back this off season.