Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Western Force skipper Pek Cowan stripped of captaincy after drunken hotel incident

vCash
    There was definitely tension. Hodgo said he had told RWA that he definitely wanted to stay and that negotiations had been going ok but then had stopped and he didn't know why or what had changed. He was clearly very unimpressed about the way things were being handled by RWA.

Sinderberry is a very shrewd and wily businessman and that showed very much last night. No emotion in any of his decision-making - just cold, hard business thinking. Which is, of course, what his jdf requires.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    There was definitely tension. Hodgo said he had told RWA that he definitely wanted to stay and that negotiations had been going ok but then had stopped and he didn't know why or what had changed. He was clearly very unimpressed about the way things were being handled by RWA.

Sinderberry is a very shrewd and wily businessman and that showed very much last night. No emotion in any of his decision-making - just cold, hard business thinking. Which is, of course, what his jdf requires.
    Was there a reply or a precursor from Sinders for hodgo to comment that openly in a public environment?

vCash
    Not from Sinders. There was a question from the floor about what was happening in relation to the 13 players who are off contract this season, and specific reference made to Hodgo as an example. Hodgo responded very candidly to that question, saying the things I mentioned above.

vCash
    Fair enough.

Surprised he was that open. Methinks All can't be well with hodgo & the old sinderblock

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I did say in the public Q&A session that if they didn't re-sign Hodgo there would be a huge number of seaofblue fans who would be very unimpressed and that they could expect a backlash. I don't think they care much about that though.
    FWIS, RWA has never cared much about what us mug punters think, just as long as we hand over our readies each October. The ARU will care even less.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Fair enough.

Surprised he was that open. Methinks All can't be well with hodgo & the old sinderblock
    He is seriously pissed off!

vCash
    DHP and Pek fined 5 grand each for SA saga - was the former who had the unscheduled piss stop in the corridor. Pek fined for unauthorized access to team vehicle after 1am curfew.
    sorry but don't have the technology to link to article but it's on rugby.com.au

vCash
    Not from Sinders. There was a question from the floor about what was happening in relation to the 13 players who are off contract this season, and specific reference made to Hodgo as an example. Hodgo responded very candidly to that question, saying the things I mentioned above.
    I took Sinders response to Hodgos signing as that he said they were still working on it. And seemed to me that Sinders is actually with Matt on this one - I think the issue is more the ARU's part in it. But everyone made it pretty clear that Hodgo IS the Force.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Player
    vCash
    Sounds like standard practice at boarding school. Move on nothing to see

Apprentice
    vCash
    Bloody dangerous to confuse rat-cunning and self interest with success in business.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    Sounds like standard practice at boarding school. Move on nothing to see
    Agree. Normal rubbish with spoiled teeenagers.
    Not good form from professional sportsmen - aged 24 - 30 years old - who are under the microscope 24/7 and concerned about their own name and their Club!

vCash
    I think the Hodgster is just letting everyone know - it wasn't him who ended the process.

vCash
    I too was there on Friday at the captains run and I think both Mark and Matt intimated that they want to get a deal done to keep Matt at the Force.

Like any employee / employer contract negotiation it is not for us to be privy to or comment on and their privacy should be respected at this point in time.

Hopefully they will come to a resolution that suits all parties and we can see Hodgo continue being the core and the guts of the team.

These negotiations are hard enough without outside influences having their say.

I thank both Mark and Matt for not shying away from the question and at least acknowledged that difficult negotiations are taking place.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5