Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force skipper Pek Cowan stripped of captaincy after drunken hotel incident

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    let's just hope he didn't sleep naked
    Many moons ago, the mining Co I was with flew a bunch of us to Perth for a series of meetings beginning on a Monday. Bob Hawke's dispute with the pilots was on so they flew us by charter on the Saturday. After a long arvo/night I chickened out and went to sleep. About 2:00am I thought some bastard was crashing thru my door. I flew out of bed starkers trying to see who the f@cker was. The hotel doors were recessed. No probs - I leaned out holding the door open with a foot. Then the alcohol kicked back in and I sprawlled bollocky into the corridor. Door locked.

Still no probs - I remembered there was a hotel phone in the ironing room next to the lifts. Stealthily I crept round past the lifts covering the crown jewells with both hands and rang reception. Relief!

A bloke from reception arrived promptly with a robe and a master key.

"Geez thanks mate. I was packing it whether the lift doors would open just as I was sneaking past"

"That's OK sir. But you do realise we have CC TV and all the monitors are in Recption" ?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    hope the reception guy didn't bat for the other team!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    hope the reception guy didn't bat for the other team!

If he did he was out for a duck!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    All players involved should have been dropped, as the Hurricanes did. Force players were a lot worse.
    Weak outfit!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    All players involved should have been dropped, as the Hurricanes did. Force players were a lot worse.
    Weak outfit!!!
    Mate if its that bad in Perth why you take your fucken whinging ass back to New Zealand! I don't think i've ever seen you say something positive or constructive about many things. Geez what a pleasure it'd be to work or live with you! NNOOTTT!!!!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    And yes i agree players should have been dropped. End of story now go and get happy FFS

Player
    vCash
    Wrong side of bed boof!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Nup just sick of the constant negative shit and sooking going on.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yeah that's fair.

Hopefully they Cop it on the chin and move on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    So who was it, name the name, nobody knows who you are so you have nothing to hide.......
    Hodgson’s spray has left relations strained between players.(i'll let myself out)

Apprentice
    vCash
    OK - so nobody knows any of the answers to my questions asked last week - even Hansie.
    Now we have some of the boys playing up in Bloemfontein after a good second half against the Cheets.
    How absolutely F%$#in stupid is that from all of the leadership group when the usual end of season Mad Monday is only 10 days away? And how f@#$in crazy from new Wallabies Coleman and Dane HP!
    The talk is that Hodgo's dressing down was worth bottling and uncorkin when reminders needed - and so it shoulda been - should all left the room wearing a new one!
    Seems the whole leadership group lost their roles - Cowan, Coleman, Dane H-P and Brache.
    They have to wait for the new coach to get a 2nd chance!
    But bloody good change for Luke Monas - hope he does a good job.
    Team Rules? They were set by the leadership group some time ago and accepted by all players.
    Contrary to popular belief - none of them were dictated by Foley- and none of them include drinkin bans - unless a player is injured.
    Which raises the question about Coleman. Why was he even taken on a junket to SA when he was never goin to be fit for the game. The talk is that he had evry night in town on the slops - which doesn't help recovery much!
    Not surprisin that he's not ready for the dark and stormies.
    This sort of muckin around never happened under Foley or when Hodgo was with the playin group.
    Don't get me goin about Sharpie! What f$%în standards?
    So who was tryin to save $ by not takin Hodgo to SA? It woulda been good just to support the actin coaches and provide some off-field leadership. Stupid f$$%în bit of cost saving that one! One guess and you win the cupie doll - or maybe a puppet. Wink, wink, nudge nudge!
    The Force has had 2 disasters in the past month - sackin of the coach and golden showers in Sun Hotel.
    The CEO - Sinderpuppet has been missin' for both of em. Both cases of leadership from the rear!
    World War 1 all over again. Don't worry chappies I'll be right here when you get back!
    And it seems that only Hodgo was tryin to maintain the standard built over the past 3 years.
    I'd be totally buggered if Hodgo woulda wanted them to play this weekend
    I wonder who caved in on that one? Probly guessed it again - choose another puppet or cupie doll.
    But who woulda turned up against the Stormers with all those players missin?
    Me for one as at least the players woulda been proud of their brand and put in for the fans!
    Woulda been good to see the local lads get a run!
    I'm not goin' tonight - not cos of the rain - but in protest. ARU/Sinderpuppet have got to me - finally.
    And who leaked all of the details to the press?
    Had to be someone high up the pecking to have all of the nitty gritty on what really happened in Bloem.
    Funny how the leaks are all through the same losers on the East Coast. Must be mates of someone.
    Great way to fully trash the brand - if that's ya aim.
    I wonder if any of me questions were answered by those at the Captains Run today?
    Are we gunna get another update - or report from Hansie?

vCash
    Not a lot to report from the Captain's Run except that it's obvious they don't want to re-sign Hodgo (unless he offers to play for free I suppose) and that they have not re-signed Alby. Mark Sinderberry said there were some signings still to announce - apparently some high profile names and some not so high profile names but no hints as to who they are.

No more news re the new coach, although the MC for the event did introduce Dave Wessels as 'head coach', not acting head coach!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    No more news re the new coach, although the MC for the event did introduce Dave Wessels as 'head coach', not acting head coach!
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Interim coach just sounds lame. Surely they can't be short sighted enough to re-sign anybody from this team and turn their back on hodgo. Unless of course they want the fresh start to include most of the fans.

C'mon the

vCash
    I did say in the public Q&A session that if they didn't re-sign Hodgo there would be a huge number of seaofblue fans who would be very unimpressed and that they could expect a backlash. I don't think they care much about that though.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Heard from a family friend that during the Q&A there was a bit of tension between hodgo and our 'esteemed' CEO after some politician talk from one party, and then a straight answer from the other.

Can anyone shed some light on that? I didn't get to hear what happened, just someone may have told it like it is for a change.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast