Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Western Force skipper Pek Cowan stripped of captaincy after drunken hotel incident

vCash
    That's Adam Coleman? Are you sure, Getty?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    My Afrikaans could be a touch rusty but doesn't Bloemfontein translate to "Blow em Blue Fountain". As they say when in Rome.........

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    This is in contrast to Kiwi side the Hurricanes, who stood down five players after they breached curfew by 18 minutes in South Africa earlier this season
    It's all about standards....

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I have a major issue with this curfew shit that goes back to my working on site.
    Prfessional Rugby players "fitness for work" bears no comparison to yours jono. It's all about recovery, dehydration on long haul flights and being able to do the bizz on Saturday night. Well out of order IMO.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah, disappointing really. They need to cop it sweet, and so far i guess that they are.

Captain call - i doubt there are any that are outraged, thats the cappy's job, call em out, whether it is performance or social etiquette

vCash
    Very disappointing indeed. Not least because of the free ammo it gives the East Coast Elite (to coin a G&GR nomenclature) press, who need no encouragement to kick the Force (whilst conveniently forgetting their own miscreants like Beale et al).

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Prfessional Rugby players "fitness for work" bears no comparison to yours jono. It's all about recovery, dehydration on long haul flights and being able to do the bizz on Saturday night. Well out of order IMO.
    No shit they're different, but hey! thanks for taking the time from your busy morning and pointing that out, as well as taking the time to explain it as if it's something which isn't blatantly obvious.

My point was that when you have stupid rules in place for adults, it is inevitable that they are going to be broken. Which as fans we have seen happens relatively frequently.

A novel approach would be to remind the players of their responsibilities as part of their employment and actually have a set discipline process if they make a choice not to comply. Getting stripped of the captaincy is pretty soft. not having to talk to fox sports after the game doesn't actually sound like that big of a punishment.

vCash
    My point was that when you have stupid rules in place for adults, it is inevitable that they are going to be broken. Which as fans we have seen happens relatively frequently.
    Which rule was the stupid one?

Was it "Hit the rack in enough time to be well rested and perform appropriately in the recovery session before we get on the plane"
    or "Don't drink enough to jeopardize your re-hydration after 80 minutes of intense, combative exercises"

I suppose you could be upset by "Don't get so shitfaced that you mistake a lounge chair for a urinal and make yourself look like a tool" but I doubt it.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Don't believe everything you read.
    What the info the media is given is a lot different to what actually happened!
    Care to enlighten with the truth so we don't have to believe the lies that have been previously written....

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Action today on Western Force bad behaviour

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian on July 8, 2016, 10:08 am

The Australian Rugby Union’s integrity unit has received a report into drunken behaviour on the western Force’s tour of South Africa and disciplinary action is expected to be announced today.

The ARU, which took ownership of the club and its $3 million black hole a month ago, launched an inquiry into players’ behaviour after their 30-29 loss to the Cheetahs in Bloemfontein last Saturday night.

The integrity unit is investigating complaints that a player urinated in the hallway of the team’s hotel after being locked out of his room, that a vase was broken during a scuffle between brothers Dane and Ross Haylett-Petty and that second-rower Adam Coleman and prop Francois van Wyk had a noisy arguement.

The Haylett-Petty brothers began sparring after leaving a nightclub while returning to the hotel where they continued to fight and the vase was broken.

Dane Haylett-Petty, a Wallaby player, paid for the damage.

Force prop Pek Cowan was stripped of his captaincy for tomorrow’s clash with the Stormers at nib Stadium for breaking the team’s 1am curfew.

Dane Haylett-Petty, who was man of the match and scored two tries in Bloemfontein, was overlooked for the role.

Cowan was not present for the other incidents and all players involved were named to play the Stormers, except Coleman who is injured.

In a media release yesterday to name the team for the clash, the Force said Luke Morahan would be captain after Cowan and Dane Haylett-Petty breached leadership standards in South Africa.

It is understood senior Force management were not briefed fully on the issues at the time and the ARU became aware of details only yesterday.

The ARU was told who allegedly urinated in the hotel hall. It did not name him but called for a full report from the Force.

An ARU spokesman said further disciplinary action could not be ruled out.

Running last in the Australian Super Rugby conference, the Force were under threat of closure before the ARU stepped in last month to employ all professional staff and players.

The club has not reached the finals in 11 seasons, took the 2015 wooden spoon and has won only two of 13 games this year.

The club has four years to prove it can be a success in WA before a new broadcast deal.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/...haviour-probe/

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    See what happens if the team goes on tour with InnForcers to keep them in line?

Although, I've been in that hotel in Bloemfontein, and I'm pretty sure I remember a toilet just off the lobby. Although, if the guy woke up in the night, in an unfamiliar hotel room, needing a piss and opened the wrong door by mistake, let's just hope he didn't sleep naked

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    This is still a rugby forum right?.. bout time these little pussies grew some balls.. shows a lot of character.

AH would have taken a massive dump in that hotel hallway.. nothing would have been said.. It's all about confidence.

Jono, what the fuck are you talking about? how the hell are you gonna come here and try and relate this to your job? fuuaaark

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Can imagine Mum HP saying this is why we can't have nice things.

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Only the allegations of domestic abuse aimed at McCaw, iirc.
    Any facts to back this statement up.I call bullshit.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    No shit they're different, but hey! thanks for taking the time from your busy morning and pointing that out, as well as taking the time to explain it as if it's something which isn't blatantly obvious.

A novel approach would be to remind the players of their responsibilities as part of their employment and actually have a set discipline process if they make a choice not to comply. Getting stripped of the captaincy is pretty soft. not having to talk to fox sports after the game doesn't actually sound like that big of a punishment.
    Really jono?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast