Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force v Stormers Round 16 2016

Player
    vCash
    1 of 3 in the upper deck behind the goals. Passed the ball back into play form the top deck. I thought it broke the sound barrier...might of been thunder hahahaha

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Kudos to DHP for the post match apology.
    Oh? How did that go down?

Apprentice
    vCash
    At least some of the Stormers supporters said to me after the game that they normally support the Force. Kiwi's? Not so much

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    What was bloody ordinary was the poor buggers from the curtin raiser having the post match presentation standing around absolutely saturated underneath the grandstand, had nowhere to change,no showers,nothing, no wonder they all bolted off home before the main game.I was embarassed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Well..I thought the first half was a cracker, disappointed we didn't score any meat pies but was really looking forward to the second half, which turned out to be the most boring, insipid half I've ever watched, except for the last 5 minutes where they actually showed themselves what can happen when you run forward AND not kick away possession

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    Well..I thought the first half was a cracker, disappointed we didn't score any meat pies but was really looking forward to the second half, which turned out to be the most boring, insipid half I've ever watched, except for the last 5 minutes where they actually showed themselves what can happen when you run forward AND not kick away possession
    The most disappointing aspect was the lack of basic skills (as usual).... To have a Wallaby like Tapuai pass the ball 2 metres behind his runner, and easy passes dropped ... it was pretty sad really, even in the wet.

I think we lost 5 of our own line outs in a row there in the second half.

To have all that pressure and possession and to come away with nothing was disappointing. I think the lads went into the sheds a bit disappointed, and after all the attitude and grunt they brought in the first 30 minutes, they started to drop their heads.

We have ourselves to blame - neither patience nor invention close to the line.

And our open field play, all that predictable passing down the line - the most inventive thing we do is use a second wave of attackers, but why do that just outside our own 22? Surely that's a play for the other end of the field. It was as though when someone DID run straight, the whole team were surprised, and the lone player lacked any support.

Grant was off his game, but at least he took the ball up a few times, putting some doubt in his old team mates' minds. Don't know if Lance is still recovering, but he didn't take the ball up once that I recall..!

I braved the cold and rain (again) with my stoic 11 year old son. In my eleventh year of membership, I think I am prepared to KILL the next person who says, "We are a young team, and we're building, these lads will develop, we'll be back next year.....!"

Yes we missed our two regular hookers, Tet, McCalman, Hodgo, and Coleman, but this tournament is about depth and persistence - and all teams deal with injuries.

If that was an advertisement for Wessels, the selection panel would surely have one less candidate now.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Got to admit, "We are a young team, and we're building, these lads will develop" and similar annoys the hell out of me too. It might apply to the academy, and might just about apply to the Spirit if it were actually run like a proper team, but it isn't. As for the Force - well, welcome to the real world of professional rugby. Half the team will be different next year, just like this year and next year. It is always a new team, and it is not a development exercise. The players shouldn't be in the main team if they don't have the skills - a SR team is not a remedial class. Skills, fitness and attitude are on the players, strategies and tactics are on the coach and leadership team. Anything else is just an excuse.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 10-07-16 at 15:52.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Oh? How did that go down?
    The Fox guy just said "yeah good on ya mate" and then went straight back to his initial question - not much else he could do really as he obviously wasn't expecting DHP to say what he said! The mea culpa itself was refreshingly off-the-cuff, unscripted, unrehearsed and from his heart rather than a PR person's pen. He looked awkward - he sure knows he did a really really stupid thing!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    And has Angus done his knee?
    Not playing against Brumbies.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Name:  CnDAhklVYAAmoHl.jpg
Views: 484
Size:  169.9 KB

What a tosser!

Veteran
    vCash
    first game i have ever left early from... 20 minutes early.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    What a tosser!
    Especially for anybody who actually watched the game.

Hooper was mostly missing yet made a couple of good carries towards the end.

His Ruck Involvements were around normal (28) - 10 less than the average of either Hogson or Gill.
    And once again not a single Turn Over Won.
    Skelton in his 60 minutes made more Defence Rucks than Hooper.
    Even Dean Mumm had more Ruck Involvements than Hooper!

Hooper (6) had half the tackles of even TPN (11) and fewer than Robertson (9), Dennis (8) or Skelton (8).

I find it a bit tragic to see Hooper stepping aside to push Bernard Foley into a ruck for impact.

More and more Hooper is showing himself to be quite a good Centre.

Last edited by andrewg; 11-07-16 at 12:42.

vCash
    The normal Ruck Involvement stats from the Stormers game.

Remember:
    1. Early means 1st or 2nd of player’s team AFTER the ball carrier has been tackled and brought to ground.
    2. Impact means active engagement: strong physical contact, changed shape of ruck, clean-out, protecting ball etc. (more than hand on someone’s bum or arriving after the hard work has been done). Yes it’s subjective - but as I collect all data at least it’s consistent.
    3. Impact DOES NOT equate to Effectiveness. I’ve concluded that coming up with an effectiveness measure is just too hard in the time that I have available – but open to suggestions.

Name:  2016-07-12_20-02-28.jpg
Views: 337
Size:  185.0 KB

Ruck Involvements over Time

Name:  2016-07-12_20-04-05.jpg
Views: 340
Size:  107.2 KB

Comments:

1. Excellent rucking effort by Guy Millar (2TOW).
    2. Strong rucking effort by Front Row with >30% of Total Ruck Involvements.
    3. Big step-up by Chris Alcock. Add to this Ruck work his 18 Tackles plus 2 Turn Overs Won (TOW).
    4. Impressive ruck efforts by Richard H (2TOW), Ross H-P and Harry S.
    5. Quieter than normal rucking effort by Stander.
    6. Best efforts by Backs:
    + Brache - 21 Total - (19 Attack/2 Defence)
    + DHP - 15T - (11A/4D)
    + Godwin - 13T - (13A/0D)
    7. Dane H-P still carried for 97m against some tough opposition.
    8. No other ball carriers made any impact.

Last edited by andrewg; 12-07-16 at 20:41.

vCash
    Ive always rated Alcock. Seeing his work rate at Uni/UWA/U-dub earlier this season showed he was working his proverbial off to get back to match fitness and in the frame for selection again. To see him step up now he has his chance again is really pleasing.

Player
    vCash
    Its pretty easy for a pro player to stand out in a average club side. Not done as well as he should at Super Rugby level.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast