Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: ARU wipes $3m as Force bailout begins

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    " Up until now RugbyWa has not asked for nor received a single cent from the ARU, unlike all other Australian Unions".
    Thanks again for your comments Hansie but I'd like to follow-up this particular comment.

If RugbyWA/the Western Force hasn't asked for $ from the ARU then why the #@%* not? It seems that everybody else has benefited from ongoing ARU handouts over the years. Including the Rebels who have reportedly received heaps.

Didn't we seek assistance when trying to keep Nick Cummins but had that request knocked back by the ARU as they were reportedly short of money?

Shortly after claiming poor boy on the Honey Badger the ARU found about $600,000 to help the Reds get Karmichael Hunt.

So yes, we agree that the ARU has and continue to be fickle about such matters but seemingly, until now, never to the advantage of the Western Force.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    you forgot to add

The sky is falling, the sky is falling
    Well mate for lotsa people at the Force the sky has already fallen so didn't needed to be included.
    If your so comfortable and know all the answers to my questions why not tell all of us mushrooms.

Apprentice
    vCash
    AGM was held on 29th June at Headquarters. All clubs, member unions, life members were notified 3 weeks prior. Copies of Annual Reports were made available to all whom attended. I expect the Annual report to go up onto the website soon. Presentations were made by Chairman of RugbyWa and ARU board director, both took questions from the floor. CEO made a short presentation and took questions.

So, please may I suggest you get hold of your local club president or be patient for a few days and you can see in the Public Domain the full Annual Report. If you cannot wait that long, I am sure if you get yourself to Rugby Headquarters, a copy can be handed to you.

Once you have read the full document you may see that many of your questions will be answered.

I guess to paraphrase a few comments from the AGM. " Up until now RugbyWa has not asked for nor received a single cent from the ARU, unlike all other Australian Unions". Talent Equalisation has fallen on deaf ears for the past 11 years and hence the incentive for Tier 1 players to move West is insufficient. Players recruited from NRL ( Hunt, Folau etc) have not been offered nor encouraged to head West. Waratah Salary cap is some $2.5mil more than ours. It is now in the best interests financially for the ARU to help with talent as they now have financial control. These are just some aspects your RugbyWa has had to deal with.

Why would the ARU close down the Force in 4 years? happy to hear why.
    Yesterday was the anniversary of the start of the Battle of the Somme.
    May all those poor buggars who were used as cannon fodder by the Brits rest in peace.
    Good to get some feedback about the happenins with RugbyWA - my questions are about the Force now being run by the ARU.
    This type of feedback is about as comforting as a First Aider telling me everything;s goin to be Ok when I've had both legs blown off and my guts spread all over France.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I assume Sinderberry has stolen your girlfriend, shot your dog and shit in your Cornflakes, because you appear to lay the blame for all the ills of the world at his feet.
    Truman said it all.

Name:  Truman_pass-the-buck.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  10.5 KB

Sinderpuppet has done nothin but stuff the Force and doesn't give a stuff about WA rugby.
    He sees his future with the ARU.

Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I think everything about that story is all about Mark Sinderberry not wanting to look like he's not in control (but he appears to be less and less in control the harder you analyse the sacking)
    TOO BLOODY RIGHT.
    Was the RugbyWA AGM told why it was so important to sack Foley before the planned end the end of season review?
    Which Board Members attended this Kangaroo Court?
    Was Hansie there? So Clubs could get info direct from him.
    Did Hansie even know the meeting was happening?
    Was the Players Rep on the Board, Staniforth, there? I hear that he didn't even know the meeting had been called. If not - bloody poor effort to sack the coach and not have the players represented so that they hear the full story and why it had to happen before the end of the season. If Scott wasn't available then why not Hodgo? I reckon the player group's been treated bloody badly!
    What about waitin for the full Board meeting planned for a week later when everybody could be there?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Your board is amazing. The skill levels and application is such that Bill Pulver acknowledged we are the best. This also means that if some board members are overseas, as was the case, it's not possible to get all directors informed simultaneously. I take on board your comment regarding the surprise of Staff members and in a round a bout way, put this in the same basket as when our financial circumstances were leaked in Sydney and not in Perth back in March. It means your board can work together and maintain confidentiality.
    The Force lost $1.1 million in 2015 and this board is the best. If that's the case rugby in Australia is absolutely stuffed.
    I'd be happy if this amazing Board could tell us why it was so important to sack Foley in the way that it was done and when it was done. Or is this secret squirrel stuff too? Wink wink - nudge nudge BS.
    Which Board members actually attended the Kangaroo Court and which Board Members were in town and didn't attend and why they weren't there? Where the players represented?
    Was this information provided at the AGM of RugbyWA?

I'm off to vote for another group of people who also treat the people they represent with no respect.
    As you've said Hansie without the fans attending games there will be no Western Force.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3