Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hodgson himself has made his last appearance for the Force

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Done! In no uncertain terms.
    I think as many of us possible should do the same..

I have also sent my thoughts.. "in no uncertain terms".... what a bloody shemozzle.. the sooner they come out and sign Hodgo, and put all this to rest the better.. I thought we were making headway, Cheesh!!! Can you imagine what this is having on the players.. ???????

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    We do need to recognise that a couple of things (that are very easy to forget) are in play here.

Firstly, Contract negotiations will pause (with good reason) whilst they search for a coach. (I hope to god a fair bit of the legwork for that has been happening behind the scenes)

As far as Hodgo is concerned, he's going nowhere, If the Force offer him a contract (I assume unless the contract is insulting) he'll take it

Hodgo is currently the face of the Force, and everybody knows it. Surely anybody with more than one marketing brain cell can see the brand damage that will be suffered by releasing him.

The only concern I have is whether somebody in Sydney thinks the Force need to be "rebranded" (which would cost a truckload) in that case, it's actually logical to dump all the shit at the feet of Foley and Hodgson and replace them with a new "team"

Personally, I think that's pretty unlikely, because they will need to convince the hardiest 10,000 rugby fans in the state that they know what they're doing and I think that'll be a pretty long bow to draw. It will be virtually starting again and it would require them saying that Hodgo a didn't play well (even Fox commentators can't deny that he's played well) b didn't give 100% for the team (watch a post match interview) and c didn't have the support of his team.

I don't think that message is sellable, no matter who you replace him with.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I think every one needs to take a deep breathe and stop working themselves into a tizz.

Change is scary and sits uncomfortably with most of us.

Lets stop making presumptions about what is happening and going to happen and what actually transpires before we get worked up into a frenzy.

At the meeting on Tuesday night Mark was clear and I think we all want the same thing that the core element to make this work going forward is the team has to be at the very least competitive.

I love Foles and have a great deal of time for him and what he has achieved over the years for this team, especially the culture he created amongst the squad he had to work with. However, moving ahead something had to give way, and while I wish it would have been done differently so that we all could have said our goodbyes properly we have think in terms of the greater good of the franchise.

Lets not second guess the contracts that are being negotiated behind closed doors, while some agents are keen to drip feed the public to show their clients that they are working hard to get better deals the Force team has shown the ethical approach by not spilling any beans and good on them, that is what you would expect from a professional organisation.

I have no doubt Hodgo will continue to be the force behind the Force, it is clear sustainability is dependent on local players being the core of the team and eastern staters who are prepared to adopt WA as their home and he is a shining example of this.

I have faith and hope that the flickering flame will soon be burning brightly for rugby in Perth.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    We do need to recognise that a couple of things (that are very easy to forget) are in play here.

Firstly, Contract negotiations will pause (with good reason) whilst they search for a coach. (I hope to god a fair bit of the legwork for that has been happening behind the scenes)

As far as Hodgo is concerned, he's going nowhere, If the Force offer him a contract (I assume unless the contract is insulting) he'll take it

Hodgo is currently the face of the Force, and everybody knows it. Surely anybody with more than one marketing brain cell can see the brand damage that will be suffered by releasing him.

The only concern I have is whether somebody in Sydney thinks the Force need to be "rebranded" (which would cost a truckload) in that case, it's actually logical to dump all the shit at the feet of Foley and Hodgson and replace them with a new "team"

Personally, I think that's pretty unlikely, because they will need to convince the hardiest 10,000 rugby fans in the state that they know what they're doing and I think that'll be a pretty long bow to draw. It will be virtually starting again and it would require them saying that Hodgo a didn't play well (even Fox commentators can't deny that he's played well) b didn't give 100% for the team (watch a post match interview) and c didn't have the support of his team.

I don't think that message is sellable, no matter who you replace him with.
    Don't agree.
    Hodgo stayed to support Foley and for the same reasons Foley stayed with little support.
    Wasps are now looking for a NO7 with George Smith moving on.
    Hodgo would kill it in England or Japanfor at least the next 2 years.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    He has said he'd stay if the force offered him a contract

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Email to ARU sent as well. Pieter perhaps you need to be a bit more specific in your email so they are clear what you are objecting about

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2