Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hodgson himself has made his last appearance for the Force

Apprentice
    vCash

Angry Hodgson himself has made his last appearance for the Force

From The Paywallian

Meanwhile, it is looking increasingly like Hodgson himself has made his last appearance for the Force, with the club having made no move to re-sign the 34-year-old.

“I don’t think I’m finished playing rugby,” said Hodgson, who can point to George Smith signing a two-year deal with the Reds that will take him through to 38.

“My first option would be to play with the Force but if they don’t offer me a contract, I’ll look elsewhere.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    He is the heart and soul of our team and a true leader. The Force will lose a huge amount of support if they do not sign our skipper.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Sandgroper; 17-06-16 at 14:43.

vCash
    This has to be a ARU joke and not avery good one

Champion
    vCash
    You can send a email to the ARU to make sure he stays!

http://www.rugby.com.au/contact-us

vCash
    Further down in the article it says:

The Force have already started the search for a new head coach, and chief executive Mark Sinderberry will continue contract negotiations with the likes of Hodgson, Kyle Godwin, and Nathan Charles.

Lets stop fanning the fire, Hodgo is the heart and sole of the club as mentioned above and let us be realistic who else in Aus could we get to replace him that would add value above what he offers to the team?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Apprentice
    vCash
    Here is the whole article, nothing about contract negotiations i see?

The Western Force will play their final three matches of the Super Rugby season for Michael Foley, who was sacked with immediate effect by the club on Wednesday.

The players are devastated that Foley, who has been head coach for the past four seasons since leaving the Waratahs, would not be allowed to see out the remainder of the season with the side.

Assistant coach David Wessels will continue to coach the side on an interim basis.

“I just met with the players and they are fully supportive of Foley,” Force captain Matt Hodgson said.

“We have Foles’ back in this. We know that’s what he would have wanted. We’ve got matches against the Cheetahs (away), Stormers (home) and Brumbies (away), and we’ll be trying to turn the competition into a washing machine.”

The fact Foley won only 18 matches out of 60, 30 per cent, meant his position ultimately became untenable, but Hodgson said that was only one measure of his success — and far from the most accurate one.

“You can see from our squad that everyone is blossoming under Foles. We have three players in the Test squad (Dane Haylett-Petty, Ben McCalman and Luke Morahan) and a fourth player knocking on the door, Adam Coleman,” said Hodgson.

“Dane is a perfect example. He was just a normal Super Rugby player before he was coached by him. Now he’s one of the best players in the Test side.

“It goes down to local players like Harry Scoble and Richard Hardwick. Everyone is a better footballer because they have been coached by him.”

Given that the odds were always stacked against the Force in terms of having to pay “overs” to attract players to Perth while still staying within the salary cap, and then saddling the side with the most onerous travel schedule by far of any of the Australian franchises, Foley was always battling to stay on level terms.

Frankly, it’s highly doubtful whether any other coach could have done better.

Given that Foley had a year left to run on his contract, it raises the question of why he was not moved into a director of rugby role where he could continue working with the players, but Force chief executive Mark Sinderberry felt that clear air was needed to give his replacement a chance to establish himself.

Sinderberry rejected suggestions that the ARU, which now runs the Force in an alliance with Rugby WA, had taken the decision that Foley should go.

“The decision started here,” Sinderberry said. “We all acknowledge the challenges Foley faced but how was it going to improve?”

Even while changes are being made in the west, the consultancy group Accenture is continuing its review of SANZAAR and it remains to be seen how Australia will respond if, for example, it recommends one franchise be jettisoned to accommodate Japan in the Australian conference.

ARU chief operations officer Rob Clarke said the national body’s objective was to create five franchises that were competitive, not just two or three with the remainder off the pace.

“The other goal is to improve the Force without detracting for the competitiveness of the others.”

Meanwhile, it is looking increasingly like Hodgson himself has made his last appearance for the Force, with the club having made no move to re-sign the 34-year-old.

“I don’t think I’m finished playing rugby,” said Hodgson, who can point to George Smith signing a two-year deal with the Reds that will take him through to 38.

“My first option would be to play with the Force but if they don’t offer me a contract, I’ll look elsewhere.”

As Oscar Wilde might put it, losing one faithful servant might be regarded as a misfortune, losing two looks like carelessness.

vCash
    It appears the same information is being rehashed on different websites.

This is the one I got my one from.

And it states Hodgson unsure, and include the except I quoted.

The West

This morning Jeremy Paul on Foxsports also seemed to be of the onion he will be kept on.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Apprentice
    vCash
    OK we'll wait and see. IMHO dumb to even consider it unless have a 5 star replacement.

vCash
    I could see Hodgson as a future coach or director, hope he stays on.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post

I did just that
    Name:  Screenshot_20160617-163658.jpg
Views: 462
Size:  38.4 KB

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    yeah that'll get acted on worded like that

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    yeah that'll get acted on worded like that
    Do you really think they listen to anybody other than their own little ego's does not matter what you me or anybody else say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post

Done! In no uncertain terms.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    This morning Jeremy Paul on Foxsports also seemed to be of the onion he will be kept on.
    He is a many-layered man.

vCash
    The title of this thread should say "it's a rumour".

Since posting this I've be told " by unnamed sauces" that its not a rumour!
    IF That's so and Hodgo and the core group of players, who are not contracted, walk at the end of season I may well do so too. Not that the Force would notice my departure.
    I've only been going to the Force games this year because of my love of the game, to see our boys give it their all and the chance to see other world class players.
    The Super 15/18 is a total clusterf@rk and as fears as I'm concerned has no meaning any more.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by SNOB; 17-06-16 at 22:05.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast