Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Foley Dumped

Senior Player
    vCash
    Sad to hear as he was a very nice guy, always came out to greet the fans after a game, whether it was a win or a loss. He was always happy to answer any questions that you had about anything. Let us remember what positives Foley has done with the western force. He led the force to their best season ever in 2014, where we had the most wins we ever had. Foley has been successful in breading younger local talent into the force such as Burton, RHP, kane koteka ect.... This is something that will have a dramatic effect in the long run. We cant forget about beating the tahs consecutively 3 times in a row. With Foley we beat the reds 3 times at suncorp. I wish him good luck for the future.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I would have thought he would have seen the season out but maybe he did step aside once being told he was not required for 2017 and beyond. RugbyWA have made the right decision on this.

He did turn around a club that by all accounts had a pretty poor culture post Giteau, JO'C etc so credit where it's due.

Best of luck in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    I don't know how but the UK Media reported the Force were going to part ways with Foley before the Japanese game .. and Blackadder was in discussions, not sure what you make of that, I suppose time will tell if the other piece of the puzzle is correct.
    There was a rumour in the Daily Telegraph that suggested Foley was going to be axed back then so they were probably running with that. I had heard a few rumours about it in club land at roughly the same time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The poor decision making at the Western Force continues under the ARU and CEO.
    The right time was the end of the season as advised by the advice to members.
    Disappointing.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Disappointing.
    Totally agree, maybe the ARU are going to give us Richard Graham back :-/

vCash
    Not sure why they see dumping the coach as the only option for a poorly performing team. It hasn't worked for us in the past!

Laugh and the world laughs with you.......
    ......cry and you'll weaken your beer

vCash
    Has anyone got any information on the current makeup of the ARU High Performance Unit?
    Who heads it, who the coaches are, what other positions there are?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope Tom Fearn has his phone close by, it must be ringing soon

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I said this before....I would like to see Todd Louden as coach, as far as I know he is free at the moment - he left rebels for family reasons last year.

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Disappointing.
    I disagree. I think the reason for doing this is to send the message throughout the organisation that poor performance is unacceptable; and the coach was the most obvious place to start. I never met the man, but judging by the results on the field, there was no reason for him to stay. The roster will change over the next couple of years as contracts expires to where we can upgrade.

What's the benefit of waiting until the end of the season? It's not like we are risking our position in the finals.

Any communication made previously about "waiting until the end of the season" was all just to subside rumors.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by agrugger View Post
    I disagree. I think the reason for doing this is to send the message throughout the organisation that poor performance is unacceptable; and the coach was the most obvious place to start. I never met the man, but judging by the results on the field, there was no reason for him to stay. The roster will change over the next couple of years as contracts expires to where we can upgrade.

What's the benefit of waiting until the end of the season? It's not like we are risking our position in the finals.

Any communication made previously about "waiting until the end of the season" was all just to subside rumors.
    Exactly there is no point of waiting any longer, get it done and dusted and start the recruitment process. It will also be interesting to see if the performance changes for the last few games under a new coach. Plus players like Godwin and Charles maybe more likely to re-sign if they know there is a new coach next year.

I agree that it is more important to recruit better support staff and better players than just a new head coach but hopefully this is the whole package they are working on.

Player
    vCash
    A decision that had to made, and now was the best time. Reason for that is that already we are seeing other Aussie franchises signing players for next year. The Force would have not had much chance enticing anyone to come here without the change in the coaching setup.
    To wait till after the end of the season would have really impacted the Force's ability in the recruiting of players, especially anyone thinking of returning to Aust from overseas. The Northern Hemisphere is in the off season and there are a lot of player movements in that part of the world taking place now.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I think the ARU have seen the damaged caused by QRU by keeping RG on at the Reds instead of decisive decision being made like has just been done here. Everyone needs to have clarity for the impact to have a positive effect.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Regardless of the coaches, the team's been floundering for years, hope that when the new coach comes along, something about the overall culture of the team and the organisation changes also.

In fits and spurts while he was coach, we developed some pretty good rucking and mauling and some stonewall defence, unfortunately these things didn't really last as a solid foundation on which to build the rest; but hey, shit happens.
    Best of luck to Foles, I know when he came here he wasn't really meant to be the head coach, I hope he can find the role that he is really suited to, at another organisation.

PS: This has nothing to do with the fans meeting on Tuesday, don't blame or thank us!

Last edited by chibi; 16-06-16 at 13:21.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    This has nothing to do with the fans meeting on Tuesday, don't blame or thank us!
    It's all YOUR FAULT!!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I knew we couldn't get away it for long.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast