Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Australia and England 2nd test 2016

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by vulcan View Post
    If u thought it was bad on tv it was even worse being in amongst it and when they got the last try i thought i was in the UK .The gold brigade as ive said before were so silent it was embarresing to hear that bloody chariot rant
    I didn't get to watch it until this morning as i was out last night. but walking past the Pig & whistle on eagle street at 10PM i knew things weren't good, it was way too quiet.

watching it with a splitting headache made it even worse.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I thought, at the time, that he was trying to get on top of the constant niggle. I thought - fair enough. He reversed it for continuing the argy-bargy after the whistle had gone, in an effort to stamp some authority. On reflection, though, I suppose ignoring the foul play to make that point is a bit suss. A yellow for it would probably send a stronger message.
    When the dust settled, Joubert was very clear that the neck-roll was 'only' a penalty offence so couldn't have been carded (even though most of us would agree that it probably deserved a card).

The penalty was over-turned as Moore came barging in to the ruck after the whistle thus inflaming any situation. In fact, he was probably lucky not to have been carded as it was more a shoulder charge then hitting the ruck with arms.

Moore & the other 6 captains that the Wallabies had on the field did not play the ref well. I though Joubert was quite good in his man management of the constant bickering & back-chat from the players.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

vCash
    I think Joubert's reffing of the neck roll and the subsequent reversal of the penalty was entirely consistent with the way he reffed the remainder of the game. Head high contact was only looked at if it was a strike of some sort and I don't recall any penalties for high contact.

I don't know where the protecting the head directive has gone this year, because both teams were attempting to rip each others' heads off by halftime and it was ignored both ways.

Not impressed, but we still lost the game through being out thought in every facet of the game.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    really disappointed with phipps. His passes were mostly not into the bread basket, high, behind, low. Terrible. If foley has bad ball, everyone outside of him has bad ball. And the english line speed absolutely made sure we got nowhere as a result.

He should have come off much earlier. Frisby had better passing, would he have made a difference coming on earlier?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just watched it again.

Moore was terrible as captain. Lost the ref in the 1st half with his inability to keep his own head & unable to keep the rest of the team in check. I hope this wasn't initiated by Cheika to try and get under the poms skin as it failed miserably.

Eddie Jones has absolutely schooled Cheika on and off the field.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    ^^ This

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Actually, the Wallabies didn't play like the Force, England did! It reminds me of the games we have won against the Tahs and that away game to the Highlanders a couple of years back. Slow the ball down, and doggedly defend!! I bet Eddie Jones paid attention to those wins against the Tahs with Cheik coaching.

Cheik has always been a muppet, and his school of coaching seems to rely on revving the boys up. But as Folau said after the game, there is no point showing that aggression after the whistle, with stupid niggle - we needed to show it in the contest itself. To have Polota Nau say the forwards were fired up and "the beast was woken" after the first Test is a disgrace! If you need an excuse to bring that passion to a Test match you shouldn't be playing. What else would the Poms be bringing to the game??!

Traditional back row for mine - McCalman at 8, McMahon maybe at 6. Poey would always be my choice at 7 and as captain. Gill to replace Hooper. The Cheika love affair with Hooper has to end, please. The rest of the world is on to it.

I think Fardy should have been subbed rather than McMahon - he really struggled in the last 15 minutes and his two knock-ons really cost us.

I wonder how much say Larkham is having behind the scenes. The patterns of attack look far simpler than the plays he orchestrates for the Brumbies. What shame Toomua is injured....

Enough now.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Did think there was a lot of Force in the Wallabies play though, particularly the one dimensional sideways passing and running, passes to players standing flatfooted, them just trucking it up one out and the endless, endless repetition of same.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I thought the most force-feeding aspect of the wobblies was the rigid adherence to one ineffectual game plan despite all evidence that it was never going to work

C'mon the

vCash
    The Eddie "get in their heads" masterclass continues.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...20-gpndoc.html

With the Rugby Championship coming up it looks like Steve Hansen's using Eddie's handy work to get in to Cheika's head too

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/mi...19-gpml21.html

vCash
    The Eddie "get in their heads" masterclass continues.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...20-gpndoc.html

With the Rugby Championship coming up it looks like Steve Hansen's using Eddie's handy work to get in to Cheika's head too

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/mi...19-gpml21.html
    chekia has returned fire.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/au...21-gpnxya.html

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Good on him. He really needed to.

I think this test series will serve him well in the lessons learnt department. Ultimately that will be good for the Wallabies

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5