Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Australia v England - 1st test 11.06.2016

vCash
    Does that make him permanently ineligible? It's not like when Jason Jones-Hughes played for the "full" Wallabies, but only in a tour match, but was still able to play for Wales?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Can't blame these young guys for going. There's not been much to entice them to stay in WA of late :-(

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Congrats DHP fully deserved.

team looks pretty good.

Interested to see how the two crash ballers go in the centres. Cheika was a big fan of two playmakers at 10 & 12 so this is departing from his script but cheika seems to be able to bring the best out of the troops and lets face it England are not the most creative backline team on the planet

only ? would be at lock. England has big raps on the two Saracan locks. Arnold deserves a run and is very solid but Coleman is more aggressive out of the two and may have been better to face off against the English locks.

we've got size all over the park and should hope to touch up the poms a tiny bit.

Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Interested to see how the two crash ballers go in the centres. Cheika was a big fan of two playmakers at 10 & 12 so this is departing from his script but cheika seems to be able to bring the best out of the troops and lets face it England are not the most creative backline team on the planet

only ? would be at lock. England has big raps on the two Saracan locks. Arnold deserves a run and is very solid but Coleman is more aggressive out of the two and may have been better to face off against the English locks.

we've got size all over the park and should hope to touch up the poms a tiny bit.
    England have named Burrell at 12 (104 kg) with the lighter Joseph outside him, so the two bigger centres could be to counter the English crash-ball threat and target Joseph. There was thought that Te'o would be 12, who really is a crash-ball merchant, and naming Burrell may be a smart move by Jones.

Itoje & Kruis are certainly a useful pair of locks and it'll be interesting to see how possibly the best club/national lock combination in the NH fairs against us. England have picked both Launchbury & Lawes on the bench, and no back-rower, so I expect to see Itoje move to 6 later in the game.

This is pretty close to the best XV England have at the moment, so I wouldn't underestimate them, but they seem more solid and workmanlike than exciting.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Since when have Burrell, Joseph been crash ball centres ? I think they're bit more creative than that ... but is there a few nervous Aussies out there with Folou & DHP performing in Super rugby, but are now playing "out of position" internationally against an English backline who are all in their primary positions ...

Still, would put money on Haskell getting carded for 10 for thumping Pocock out of frustration at being beaten all game !

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Dane Haylett Plod
    To be fair DHP was not on his own about lack of ability.
    Many other more experienced players were not up to it.

vCash
    Dane Haylett Plod
    You need much better bait than that. Piss poor really.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    To many errors from the wallabies and not enough composure at key times.

England beat us at the breakdown. Line out throwing was pretty bad. Mumm and Horwill at lock??

Hooper was great. England scored 2 tries of kerevis hands and kurindrani should have passed to folau when he was open in the corner so centres did not have a great night. DHP looked solid in his first run.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    all this b------st about the GOLD BRIGADE didn t hear a bloody thing on the TV

vCash
    Yes Hooper scored tries out wide but he was out of position to often.. He was not a strong member of the scrum the over head shots showed he was often to quick to release from the scrum and making his side weaker..

DHP was solid great 1st test..

vCash
    Not bait.

They were all rubbish.
    Well if it wasn't bait you don't know what the f@ck you were looking at.

P.S. Any chance of anyone giving some credit where it's due? England were fit, hard at the ball, tactically better and had the defensive line speed to disrupt our game plan. Our blokes were not that far off and still scored more tries. That is all.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by shasta; 11-06-16 at 20:39.

vCash
    Gave it away... Cheik should punish the boys this week.

I did see the random Souths fan walking up Caxton street though.

Champion
    vCash
    I hate losing to the English!! Oh well two more tests to go.. Thought DHP did pretty well myself..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What surprises me is that everyone is surprised!
    How many Auzzies have watched any "English" rugby this season? Not many I bet!
    All we hear and see is what the press "can be bothered or afford" to show us!
    English rugby is a lot stronger than the likes of Kearns, Horman and others would have you believe!
    Through in a weak scrum and the ability to give away penalties every 5 mins! Who's surprised?
    Living in our bubble down south isn't to our advantage, we accept that the AB's are the best, wether we say it or not, and the Boks are a spent force due to political intervention, the Pumas are a whipping boy ATM and we got a dodgy decision at the WC!
    I'm sure Chieka has had the boys watching every game he ac an get his hands on but watching something two weeks out doesn't have the impact of watching week in week out!
    Let's hope they can pull their fingers out next week and realise they are in for a hard game not a walk over.
    Good game from DHP for a debut.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Does that make him permanently ineligible? It's not like when Jason Jones-Hughes played for the "full" Wallabies, but only in a tour match, but was still able to play for Wales?
    A cap for a nation's second national team (i.e. Australia A, Emerging Springboks, English Saxons) locks a player into that nation for life (except with the 7s loophole- which would not apply for props). I wonder if Jason Jones-Hughes played a non-capped match for Australia "A". Either that or they figured with a double-barrelled Welsh name, he fitted in better there.

Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Can't blame these young guys for going. There's not been much to entice them to stay in WA of late :-(
    I looked into the situation a bit more. It seems he came back to Perth for family reasons with the intention that he would be going back to UK in the end anyway. Perhaps there was never an outside shot for us. Shame really since he was born in WA.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast