Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No rugby

Player
    vCash

No rugby

Can anyone shine some light on why there was a bye for club?It would of been the perfect weekend to show case club rugby as with no super or international rugby on more people would of gone out and watched there local clubs as the times for the one day of the year local rugby would of had the spotlight.It would of been a great opportunity to get as many force players playing for there club and it would of help bar takings and food sales for the day.So is it short sighted by rugbywa or is there another reason why club rugby had to have a bye.Anyone know the reason

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    It's a dastardly plot by RugbyWA to prevent Nedlands from having every first pick Force player in the state playing for them against Wests.

RugbyWA committee and management have a lot more time on their hands these days to think up these fiendish schemes, wot with not being responsible for running the Force any more.

Anyway, WestiesMan should have all the inside information on this. He's probably behind it all.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's worse than that.

We're off to see the local bands play down at King Barnetts Quay. We noticed there's a mascots race on as part of the hoopla.. But no Westy The Bogan Swan in the form guide. Come on people, if the St John Abos' mascot is running, surely Westy should?

Another major Rugby WA fail..

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Champion
    vCash
    I was disappointed to see that there was no representation from the Force or Rugby WA at the WA day celebrations at EQ. Most other sporting teams will have a presence there and it could have been a good opportunity for Rugby to show it's face to the general public

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    It's worse than that.
    Come on people, if the St John Abos' mascot is running, surely Westy should?
    I would if I had that hip operation and I knew about it.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    if the St John Abos' mascot is running
    I would have thought you would be more racially tolerant than that.

At least call them the Saint John's Indigenous Australians.

I'll see myself out.

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Maybe the volunteers and players might just appreciate the chance to join the mainstream for a weekend. Maybe a weekend away to reinvent or stimulate a relationship.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bear View Post
    Maybe the volunteers and players might just appreciate the chance to join the mainstream for a weekend.
    Maybe they are house hunting around Penriff

I'll see myself out too.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I would have thought you would be more racially tolerant than that.

At least call them the Saint John's Indigenous Australians.

I'll see myself out.

Arrghh..
    ..the typo demon strikes again..
    That's quite embarrassing.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Player
    vCash
    How come state of origin league players back up 3 or 4 days later for their NRL (pro league)clubs after a tough game (Cooper Cronk comes to mind who was under injury cloud for game 1 but starred for the storm 4 days later)and our super force players cannot back up and play for their local clubs in the local comp (amateur league)after 2 weeks of nothing!!!
    Could have been a good chance for them to enjoy and loosen up with club players and supporters.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Interesting to read that article on Green And Gold Rugby where Nick Stiles is quoted as saying any Reds player not involved with Wallaby duties will be expected to play club rugby because that is where it all starts.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    How come state of origin league players back up 3 or 4 days later for their NRL (pro league)clubs after a tough game (Cooper Cronk comes to mind who was under injury cloud for game 1 but starred for the storm 4 days later)and our super force players cannot back up and play for their local clubs in the local comp (amateur league)after 2 weeks of nothing!!!
    Could have been a good chance for them to enjoy and loosen up with club players and supporters.
    No shit they are also resting 9 players who were mentto be playing in the wests /neddies game and they dont play till next weekend.no wonder they are ordinary rugby players they dont play enough.sooner foley fucks off the better

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Interesting to read that article on Green And Gold Rugby where Nick Stiles is quoted as saying any Reds player not involved with Wallaby duties will be expected to play club rugby because that is where it all starts.
    Maybe becoz the decision makers are not from here they don't really give a shit.
    As the team lists show (if they are correct)The game of the season could have been bolstered by inclusion of super players considering 9 players from nedlands and Wests can't play becoz of a junket to Mauritius!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    So these guys will miss at least 2 club games?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I wonder if one the SR players happened to have had to "take week off" for suspension, if they would been supposedly playing in clubland?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast