Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Australian Rugby Union and Western Force Seal Alliance Agreement

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    "Under the agreement the ARU will integrate the professional Rugby program of the Western Force into the High Performance Unit of the ARU."
    But what does that mean in a practical sense? That the ARU will set the training, S&C, medical and R&R programmes etc etc from Sydney and email them to Sinders for him to pass on to staff appointed by the ARU but based in Perth?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    But what does that mean in a practical sense? That the ARU will set the training, S&C, medical and R&R programmes etc etc from Sydney and email them to Sinders for him to pass on to staff appointed by the ARU but based in Perth?
    This is the bit that gets me. What does all this mean in practical terms?
    It's very difficult to run a club from 3000kms away.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    This is the bit that gets me. What does all this mean in practical terms?
    It's very difficult to run a club from 3000kms away.
    Ever heard of a phone? Emails? Skype? I've run contracts in another country.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Ever heard of a phone? Emails? Skype? I've run contracts in another country.
    So have I mate and in a lot of cases you need people on the ground who know what they're doing. Which in this case means replicating a lot of positions which won't save anyone money.
    Hence my desire to see the details.

vCash
    Something like a CEO on the ground in Perth running the department and answering to their up line manager in another state

vCash
    Many corporates today have companies and branches in different cities and even different countries. Policies are distributed as are work requests using modern technology. This should not be any different. Remember this is a centralised model we are now operating with.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    "I for one, welcome our new insect overlords."
    All your Force are belong to us

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Today we announced that the Australian Rugby Union (ARU) and RugbyWA have finalized an alliance agreement to deliver the professional rugby program of the Western Force.

In the letter I wrote to you two weeks ago I said that we were working towards a model that served all of rugby and would look to improve the long term competitiveness of the team. I believe that we now have that model.

RugbyWA Chairman Tony Howarth says the alliance is an exciting opportunity for rugby in Western Australia.

"We are confident that through this partnership we can provide a more attractive rugby program here in Perth by the Force being integrated into the ARU's high performance unit.

"This will enable the Force to continue the journey we started over 10 years ago to bring outstanding rugby talent to Perth, develop Wallabies and play a style of rugby that attracts members, sponsors and connects with the large rugby community we have in the West. It also assures the financial viability of the team for the future."

The alliance will also be a positive influence on the organization as well as the team, with greater efficiencies and resource for us to draw upon, allowing us to address the very unique challenges we face here in Western Australia.

One of the key changes will be additional support to service our Members. The Membership Team will remain based in Perth but will have support from an extended team in Sydney, enabling us address some the customer service challenges you may have faced this season.

Our full statement is available on the website and I encourage you to read this, as well as our Q&A sheet. We look forward to the positive impact that this alliance will bring and as always I welcome your comments.

Yours in rugby,

Mark Sinderberry
    CEO, Western Force

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    From the website

Australian Rugby Union and Western Force Seal Alliance Agreement

By Fraser Smith on Fri 3rd June 16

The Australian Rugby Union (ARU) and RugbyWA announced today that they have finalised an alliance agreement, enabling the Western Force to continue as a Western Australian team.

Under the agreement the ARU will integrate the professional Rugby program of the Western Force into the High Performance Unit of the ARU.

The alliance agreement comes after several weeks of planning between the ARU and RugbyWA to address financial concerns resulting from competitive challenges of having a team based away from Rugby’s traditional heartland on the east coast and the changing economic climate in Western Australia, which have affected the Perth-based club’s bottom line.

ARU CEO Bill Pulver said: “RugbyWA and the Western Force are not alone in their challenges to remain viable as a professional sports entity in Australia.

“Numerous teams across several codes are facing the same economic environment across professional sport and the ARU has been looking at ways to create a more efficient and effective way to run our Super Rugby businesses.

“The ARU and RugbyWA have collectively created a model which we believe will be more sustainable for our Super Rugby organisations in Australia.

“Ultimately the alliance aims to deliver financial sustainability and improved high performance outcomes for the Western Force.”

Pulver said the alliance will be managed effectively in order to maintain the Western Force’s unique identity and connection to the local community.

“The other really important outcome is that the Western Force will continue to be deeply entrenched in the Perth community. They will continue to have a brand which is unique to them.”

Under the alliance Western Force players and professional Rugby staff will become ARU employees.

The RugbyWA board will continue to be responsible for the community game in Western Australia and the pathway through to professional rugby through its 'Future Force' program.

Current RugbyWA CEO, Mark Sinderberry will remain in his position and will have dual reporting lines to the ARU and the RugbyWA board.

Tony Howarth, RugbyWA Chairman said: “The RugbyWA Board is excited to have developed this alliance with the ARU. We are confident that through this partnership we can provide a more attractive rugby program here in Perth by the Force being integrated into the ARU’s high performance unit.

"This will enable the Force to continue the journey we started over 10 years ago to bring outstanding rugby talent to Perth, develop Wallabies and play a style of rugby that attracts members, sponsors and connects with the large Rugby community we have in the West. It also assures the financial viability of the team for the future.”

Pulver added: “From an Australian Rugby point of view, it’s not only essential that we continue to support RugbyWA and the Western Force but to ensure the game remains strong at the community level in Western Australia and that the Super Rugby team is given the best opportunity to succeed.

“It is our absolute priority at all times to act with the best interests of Australian Rugby as a whole and to protect the long term health and prosperity of the game in Australia.

“It has been well documented that Australian Rugby has faced financial challenges in recent years and a range of measures were taken to ensure it remained sustainable. A significant new broadcast agreement has relieved pressure on the game but it must remain vigilant in the face of a challenging sporting landscape in Australia.”

To understand exactly what the alliance means for the Western Force check our useful Q&A here.
    - See more at: https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti....1FZCEYvm.dpuf

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...ance-agreement

vCash
    Western Force ARU Alliance Q&A

By Fraser Smith on Fri 3rd June 16

Western Force and ARU Alliance Agreement

Why has this happened?

Over time we have not achieved the success we had all hoped for, meaning that Membership and crowd numbers have gradually fallen. As such our balance sheet has reported losses over the past seven years. Our financial position has been brought to a head over the past two years through a combination of the economic downturn in Western Australia, seeing businesses and individuals spend less, and our team performance not improving in very trying circumstances.

What does the alliance with the ARU mean?

The ARU are incredibly supportive of the Western Force and in continuing to develop rugby in Western Australia. Through their support the Western Force now has the financial stability and certainty to continue to compete in the Super Rugby competition.

The alliance means that all Western Force players, coaches and staff will be employed by the ARU, remaining in Perth to run the professional side of the game, as a division of the ARU.

The Western Force program will now be integrated into the High Performance Unit at the ARU.

Commercial services, such as Membership, will remain in Perth but will be supported by a team in Sydney, giving our Members greater customer service levels.

CEO, Mark Sinderberry, will remain in his role and will report into both the RugbyWA Board and the ARU. Other functions such as Finance have been centralised to give the organisation greater efficiencies.

How will the alliance contribute to making the Western Force more competitive on the field?

The ARU will support us in having greater visibility and access to players in order to build a team with greater depth. This includes:
    •Identifying players from other states that aren’t currently getting game time, sitting behind other players, but who are talented enough to start. For example Jono Lance.
    •Encouraging players returning to Australia from overseas (there are currently 120 Australians playing abroad) to look at the Western Force.
    •Giving us greater access to younger players through the Australian Under 20’s program.

This complements our own development pathway of the Future Force. We should all be incredibly proud of Harry Scoble, Kane Koteka and Richard Hardwick who have all been supported through this pathway over the past 2 years and are now playing Super Rugby.

The ARU will also help us by overseeing and assessing our high performance rugby program, looking at how we can further develop our players and coaches.

Will the ARU recruit and pick our team?

No, that decision will remain with the Head Coach and supporting Coaching Staff. However the ARU High Performance Unit will offer support in attracting quality players to the Western Force.

Will the ARU alliance impact our current Coaches?

As with all sporting teams we will carry out a review of the rugby programme and coaching towards the end of the season.

How does RugbyWA fit into this alliance?

In the short term RugbyWA will continue to operate under the current Board to grow the game in Western Australia. They will continue to look at ways to build capacity in our clubs and drive activities to recruit, participate and retain players, official and volunteers.

Mark Sinderberry remains as CEO of RugbyWA, reporting into the RugbyWA Board. Bob Hunter remains as General Manager Community and Game Development, reporting into Mark.

In the medium term the RugbyWA Board would look to develop a further ownership model that would continue to benefit from the new alliance, but would see ownership of the Western Force revert to RugbyWA. This could be similar to the structure in New Zealand, which sees Super Rugby enjoy a combination of national body ownership, local ownership and some form of private, or wider community ownership.

Will the Western Force be around long term in WA?

The ARU alliance gives us financial stability until the end of the current Broadcast Agreement in 2020. Like all the other four Super Rugby teams in Australia, at the end of the current term the rights and participation agreements will be reviewed, however we firmly see a place in Australian rugby for a WA based Super Rugby team.

Will it affect my Western Force Membership?

No, your Membership will remain with the Western Force until the end of July 2016 and then be available to renew for the 2017 season. The Membership Team will remain based in Perth but will have additional support from Sydney meaning that we can improve upon our levels of customer service.

Renewal information will be available to all Members in August.

- See more at: https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti....Rxa52BZt.dpuf

vCash
    "Will the ARU alliance impact our current Coaches?

As with all sporting teams we will carry out a review of the rugby programme and coaching towards the end of the season."

I wonder how Foley feels reading that!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    The most important part for the next couple of years may be

"The ARU will support us in having greater visibility and access to players in order to build a team with greater depth. This includes:
    •Identifying players from other states that aren’t currently getting game time, sitting behind other players, but who are talented enough to start. For example Jono Lance.
    •Encouraging players returning to Australia from overseas (there are currently 120 Australians playing abroad) to look at the Western Force.
    •Giving us greater access to younger players through the Australian Under 20’s program."

Success will depend on the ARU actively working to make the Force more competitive on the field and doing it quickly. Hopefully a formal ownership role will greatly increase their desire to boost our on filed stocks as they will now feel strong"ownership" for our results.

at least I bloody hope so!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    OK, I've been on record for quite a while saying it can't get any worse. Based upon everything in this thread it has the potential to be a vast improvement. Now the proof will be in the eating. By the end of this season, I expect a significant number of signings which include high quality bench players from the tahs, Reds and brums at least one quality player from overseas who is being bought back to parachute into the wallabies and some of the higher quality under 20s from the national program. Until then, this is all words.

The good news is that the ARU will be fully accountable for the outcome of the professional team, if it continues to falter, there will be plenty to ask why.

C'mon the

vCash
    Hope the bit about encouraging players to come to Perth doesn't lead to us having more mercenary, disloyal, showboaters like Drew Mitchell. I would prefer that players come here to help the team rather than just themselves and their own hip pockets.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Well, you can now suggest that playing for the force is the back door to playing for the wallabies, because you're already on the payroll

C'mon the

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast