By Fraser Smith on Mon 23rd May 16

Future Force Foundation prop Sham Vui has been named at tighthead for the Australian U20s clash with the Australian Barbarians on Tuesday night in the first of two World Championships warm up matches.

After coming off the bench against New Zealand the powerful UWA prop said he is looking forward to showing what he can do in the run-on side.

“I really want to prove myself,” he said. “I want show that I can be a part of the starting team but at the same time the most important thing is doing job for the team, scrummaging well and cleaning out.”

After a historic win against new Zealand in their last match Vui said the team has moved on and is focused on taking the World Championships head-on after some wise words Wallabies coach, Michael Cheika.

“We took a lot out of that win but it is in the past now, we have moved on and are focused on the next challenge you can’t get too caught up in the past.”

“Michael Cheika came in today to give the boys a bit of a motivational speech which was great. He basically told us about his experiences and that the most important thing heading into the World Championships is our self-belief and attitude.”

Head coach Adrian Thompson has made 13 changes to the side that defeated New Zealand a fortnight, opting to give game time to the wider squad, ahead of their May 31 departure for Manchester.

“This match against the Barbarians will give us an opportunity to test the depth of our entire squad and get more match fitness heading into the World Championship,” he said.

“The Barbarians fixtures have always given us a good test to see how we react in pressure situations against the older guys and I look forward to seeing who from the U20s puts their hand up with a good performance.”

The match will take place at Chatswood Oval in Sydney’s north on Tuesday 24 May kicking off at 7.30pm AEST. Controlling the match will be Western Australian referee, Graham Cooper as he too looks to hit peak form before heading over to Manchester as Australia's appointed referee.

BMW Australia U20s v Australian Barbarians

1. Vunipola Fifita

2. Jordan Uelese

3. Sham Vui

4. Harry Hockings

5. Lukhan Tui

6. Angus Scott-Young

7. Ikapote Tupai

8. Rob Leota

9. Angus Fowler

10. Billie Gray

11. Joey Fittock