Thread: The way the fan base's support has been going lately.

vCash

The way the fan base's support has been going lately.

I don't really comment too much on here anymore, but one thing I have noticed in the last few years is the negativity from the fans around the Force.

I read these forums and go to all the games and the loudest voices are the negative voices, talking about all that is wrong with the Force but forgetting about the fact why we started loving the Force to begin with.

Think back to the Force when they started, enthusiasm from the fan base was high, the quality was low but we loved it, we had a team that represented us and tried their heart out.

I don't know how many people here have played sport but I can guarantee if we gave the support that we gave to the team those first few years to the team now, they would have won those few close ones this year, including the game tonight.

So please, I beg of you, if you want this team to continue, stop being such miserable bastards and support your coach and team, I don't care if you don't like a certain player for whatever reason, he plays for us, he represents us, he needs our support as the Sea of Blue used to give lift to our team to grant us some amazing wins against the odds but now it is just negativity and bickering.

We were granted a team through our overwhelming support. Where has that gone?

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    I agree but I can also understand the despondency after another season with no home wins and only two wins! A good season or two would bring them back. I will be there next year with my force gear on and my voice ready to go!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    our family has supported the Force since day 1 - with gold memberships every year and turning up to every game we can. We will continue to do that, regardless. However, it is bloody tough when we are consistently off-the-pace compared to our competition. The Blues played poorly last night and we had some excellent chances to close the game out and get a home win in front of loyal fans who turned up in the rain and cold - but we just weren't professional enough to do it.

We will keep supporting the Force, but we need better from them.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I... go to all the games and the loudest voices are the negative voices, talking about all that is wrong with the Force but forgetting about the fact why we started loving the Force to begin with.
    So you decide to address this by making a point of criticising the people around you who do buy the memberships, wear the merchandise and turn up every game, year after, because you think they're not positive enough. I hope you don't get bucked off that high horse of yours.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    our family has supported the Force since day 1 - with gold memberships every year and turning up to every game we can. We will continue to do that, regardless. However, it is bloody tough when we are consistently off-the-pace compared to our competition. The Blues played poorly last night and we had some excellent chances to close the game out and get a home win in front of loyal fans who turned up in the rain and cold - but we just weren't professional enough to do it. We will keep supporting the Force, but we need better from them.
    Actually the times I rag on the force aren't the times we play like last night, we were putting in for the whole game and it was patently obvious that the difference was quality of staff not quantity of heart. I rag on them when they play like they did against the bulls, start ok, but then crawl into the corner and wish it was over as soon as things get tough. I don't expect 100% record, but I do expect effort, if you think I'm too hard a judge, then you are obviously just earning a lot more than me.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    So you decide to address this by making a point of criticising the people around you who do buy the memberships, wear the merchandise and turn up every game, year after, because you think they're not positive enough. I hope you don't get bucked off that high horse of yours.
    When a 'fan' can't seem to even clap for a Force try and seem to react with glee when the Force make a mistake with a big 'I told you so', to their mates are they still fans of the Force anymore or just fans of watching what they perceive as a car wreck?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    Are we talking about a rugby game here, or something more transcendental? Does membership of the Force require us to sign a "No criticism of the Force" undertaking?
    Not at all, criticism is perfectly fine in the right circumstances, but I feel that some fans have forgotten where we were before the Force, an amateur State team getting trounced by a second rate Irish team in rubbish rugby.

What can the Force actually do with no money in the toughest competition in any sport? Honestly, give me answers instead of problems.

The Sunwolves have a far worse team than us but notice that they rise to the occasion because the players and fans are passionate as one, like we were in our first years.

You could see from Hodgson's anger and frustration throughout the Blues game that he want's it so bad, and the idea of the crowd being like another player got us through certain games in past years, but it seems that some fans would prefer to look for problems instead of spurring their team on, which could be part of why we keep bottling it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Go and buy some decent outdoor clothes and stop whinging

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    something suitable for climbing in the southern alps,perhaps?