Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: How do we turn the Force into a force?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    What is needed? Money! (And a plan).

How much depends on the definition of "a force" and the timeframe to achieve said goal.

Personally, I don't see us getting jack from the ARU so money will be a significant issue for the foreseeable future. We will need to become a "value for money" team - find players who are undervalued and then extract maximum return from them. This would require a radical revamp of all coaching positions.
    We had a load of money dumped here before, we had a load of players dumped here before, new messiahs appearing all over the place.
    For me, this is something at a higher administrative/organisation level. The ARU has to work out how to move players around clubs to provide a more even distribution of talent. It's their job to work out what it will be. Bearing in mind the failure of the draft, salary cap compliance issues, and restraint of trade . The ARU has to look at a few other sports, and see how they worked it out, then tweak it for this unique situation. It can be done.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    This franchise absolutely CAN be a success; but only if there are enough backers and administrators who GENUINELY want to see it become a success.

If only a fraction of the passion shown by us supporters and players of the likes of Hodgo can be shown by those with the power and money to make this franchise a success (I'm looking at you ARU!!!), then we would be challenging the Tahs & Brmbs for top spot in the Aus conference in no time.

We need to keep lobbying the necessary string-pullers to convince them that we are worth it. Mick has come up with some great ideas.

How do we make this happen is my question? Can we get a representative group together and seek a meeting with Mark Sinderberry and someone at executive level at the ARU? As longtime members of the Force AND big contributors to the ARU coffers through our attendance at Wallaby games etc, surely we have earned the right to at least request that?

I am more than happy to draft a letter to Mark Sinderberry seeking such a meeting. What are your views fellow FORCE diehards?? We need to take positive action, not just jot our thoughts and views down on sites such as this.

I feel a king wave of blue coming on!!!

GO THE FORCE!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    B - A - N - A - N - A - S

This shit is ...
    After watching numerous games over the last few weeks it is evident that there is nothing you can do
    The outcome of expansion has created a problem that can't be solved
    Quantity over quality is forcing all bar the kiwi teams to play who ever shows up as the player pool is not big enough to sustain the quality
    After watching the game on Friday between the highlander and crusaders I found it impossible to last more than 15 minutes of the following game
    These are meant to be the 2 top franchises in Aussie until the Waratahs who would put anyone to sleep and were written off by all rugby critics the only thing going for them is you have a never say die or give up kiwi coach that has found a way to win
    Then to watch Queensland be beaten by hurricanes development side shows how poor the quality is in the Aussie conference
    The only thing that saved the force was a bye
    This is not to bash the Aussies because you will field a decent wallabies team come international time as there are about 40 quality player spread across the world capable of beating anyone on there day
    The Aussie franchises are spread to thin and the development program is not working as spots of players leaving the game are not filled instantly by young up and comers
    The Aussie sports teams are all fighting for the top athletes and there just is not enough to go around
    The money pumped in is to big now and expansion is well under way and even further expansion on the way you will see more shit rugby as all sports all fight for the tv dollar
    This is not Aussie or SA bashing it's the facts the top 4 sides are all kiwi and even possible for another one to sneak in
    And to be honest you would if you were looking for quality look at those 4 playing the semi finals
    They may need a 2 tare system like the item cup with 2 sets of finals and promotion relegation because you can't keep turning the tv off after 15min of rugby
    And the amount of people I've talked to from all countries that watched the 1st game even not being supporters of either side that turned the following game off was a lot

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    We had a load of money dumped here before, we had a load of players dumped here before, new messiahs appearing all over the place.
    For me, this is something at a higher administrative/organisation level. The ARU has to work out how to move players around clubs to provide a more even distribution of talent. It's their job to work out what it will be. Bearing in mind the failure of the draft, salary cap compliance issues, and restraint of trade . The ARU has to look at a few other sports, and see how they worked it out, then tweak it for this unique situation. It can be done.
    Hence the addition of "(And a plan)" in my previous post. There has been no discernable plan implemented in the previous 11 years. Money is a big part of the problem but it must be spent effectively and with maximum efficiency.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Maybe we could fire off gold tinsel into the air and give the opposition a shower of some metallic kind?
    So see the opposition off with a golden shower?

I haven't heard of that since Dowling St was hosting prems games!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    This franchise absolutely CAN be a success; but only if there are enough backers and administrators who GENUINELY want to see it become a success.

If only a fraction of the passion shown by us supporters and players of the likes of Hodgo can be shown by those with the power and money to make this franchise a success (I'm looking at you ARU!!!), then we would be challenging the Tahs & Brmbs for top spot in the Aus conference in no time.

We need to keep lobbying the necessary string-pullers to convince them that we are worth it. Mick has come up with some great ideas.

How do we make this happen is my question? Can we get a representative group together and seek a meeting with Mark Sinderberry and someone at executive level at the ARU? As longtime members of the Force AND big contributors to the ARU coffers through our attendance at Wallaby games etc, surely we have earned the right to at least request that?

I am more than happy to draft a letter to Mark Sinderberry seeking such a meeting. What are your views fellow FORCE diehards?? We need to take positive action, not just jot our thoughts and views down on sites such as this.

I feel a king wave of blue coming on!!!

GO THE FORCE!!
    Alison I think you have a good idea here.. I will be with you all the way.. and take a day off if required.. something needs to be done..and done NOW!!

Rookie
    vCash
    As McDonald's are celebrating the small wins.

Recent small wins there is no pomp and parade when a local plays for the Force now.

The coaching side needs improvement not HC but skills and making this a step to contending for the Wallaby conversation.

Improve set piece and defence.

vCash
    Some good points raised.

I'd be complelety opposed to Saturday afternoon Rugby as that when the club competition is played. RugbyWA would be cutting off alot of people who support the Force/Rugby by moving to that timeslot. People talk about a pathway to Super Rugby but don't want possible players going and watching Super Rugby?

Old mate obviously has no clue about the AFL as there are are only two weekends from the end of March until the start of September that have no AFL fixtures in Perth and that is when Freo and West Coast have their bye's, usually in June when the Super Rugby comp is on break anyway. If RugbyWA and the ARU were to try to get the Force on a stand alone weekend they would be playing all 8 home games before the AFL season.

It's possible to have games on a day where there is no AFL game in Perth, perhaps borrow something from the NRL where the Melbourne Storm in the past have done a deal with Collingwood for half price entry to Storm games when presented with a ticket to the AFL game earlier that day or earlier that weekend so perhaps the Force could do something with the Eagles or the Freo.

Agree 100% about the jersey, the jersey has departed so much from the original design and with new designs coming about every year Super Rugby is now worse than the EPL for jerseys. The Force really need to go back to something closer to the original design and keep it.

I didn't think our travel schedule is too bad this season, all the NZ games in one block stopping us from going back and forth like we have in the past couple of years. One off trip to SA coming in July to play the Cheetahs but that after the June break and the one week in SA is because of the new stupid conference system. SANZAR could tweak it so that we have a bye after travelling to SA because the one week in SA will continue until at least the end of the TV deal (even though there are alternatives to the current draw). I guess an 8 or 9 day break between the Cheetahs game and the Stormers game would be good in terms of recovery.

I'd be talking to the AFL sides here in Perth who fly a minimum of 5,500km (Perth to Melbourne return) every 2nd week about how they factor travel requirments into player management, I would have thought the strength and conditioning coach would be across some of this anyway.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dear xxxx

I want to update you on the various issues you may have read concerning RugbyWA and the Western Force over the past few months.

It is no secret that our financial position has been under pressure for some time, seven years of losses, on-going team performance issues and the challenges we all face with the WA economy has brought the matter to a head.

Over the years all of you have supported us and without that support this moment may have come a lot sooner. It is clear that the Western Force has some of the most loyal fans in Australian rugby.

In our discussions with Bill Pulver, CEO of Australian Rugby, it is clear that the ARU, as much as the WA Rugby community, all want the same outcome;

1. For the Western Force to be based in Perth,
    2. to be a competitive team and
    3. for rugby to continue to grow in Western Australia.

To that end the ARU are prepared to support the Western Force for the foreseeable future through an alliance which guarantees our position in WA going forward. The model we are developing will serve all of rugby and look to improve the long term competitiveness of our team.

Over the next few weeks I look forward to sharing with you our new structure and plans to continue to grow rugby participation and talent in WA.

Thank you for your ongoing support and I look forward to seeing you at the game this Saturday evening.

Mark Sinderberry
    CEO, Western Force

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3