Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Sunwolves v Force

vCash
    I think one of the reasons we sub at 60 is our lack of fitness or mental toughness that sees us shut down about then. It was telling how pedestrian we got once peter grant took the field. I kinda wish I'd turned off in the 50th minute because then I'd be excited that we'd shown some spark. At that point I was wondering about the inequity of the conferences. After 80, my first concern is that the blues will tear us a new one next week.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah, I really liked the look of Prior at 10 and how him and Alby worked together.

Player
    vCash
    Whippty Fkn do, we beat the sunwolves!
    We move from 2nd last to 3rd last!
    Same issues keep arising just that a club,team the sunwolves couldn't capatiluse.
    Whippty Fkn do!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Looking through the records, we have NEVER lost to the Sunwolves.

Good signs, good signs.
    History was with us!!!!!!! Still haven't lost to the Sunwolves. They are our new bunnies

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by whodunnit View Post
    Whippty Fkn do, we beat the sunwolves!
    We move from 2nd last to 3rd last!
    Same issues keep arising just that a club,team the sunwolves couldn't capatiluse.
    Whippty Fkn do!
    Yup, expected that. Sorry we didnt lose so you could exercise your agenda. Maybe next week 😊😊

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    This is such a nice place after a win. 😊
    Give it time. A couple of the usual suspects will likely burst your balloon before too long. 😉

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Nice to have the win, but in practice could have been a bit fraught if they had made their kicks. Had them covered throughout the match though, even if it would have been nice to see some killer instinct. Great crowd to be in amongst, and the general buzz, club presence and promotion around the game could be a colossal example to RWA/ARU...better than anything I've seen in Australia TBH.

Can add this as a tour as well. Two Innforcers included in our group (AndyS and PintofWhisky), and caught up with Helen and Bob (Helbobs) before the match for a couple in the Hub pub. Think that's a quorum.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by AndyS; 07-05-16 at 20:54.

vCash
    Oops shoulda read the next page. They've arrived before me.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    ..And who's this Michael Brasshy? The kid's amazing!
    I never new Dane Haylett - Pit tae had any Maori in him.

Player
    vCash
    You know Hodgo has made a heap of tackles when his face looks like it should be hanging in a butchers shop

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Where has this Force team bn hiding? This is the team we saw about 10 weeks ago. It's almost as though they had a different coach today! So how good is it when the kicking stops, until 60 minutes and then the old crap starts up. Fitness is defo the issue. Subs? Mafi walks - repeat walks on, and they lose the lineout in 3 seconds cos he didn't lift Adam. FFS! Harry is terrific- lifts the team 100%. And poor form Fox Sports commenting that Foley's tenure is likely over. Good one guys - when he's not in Aus and can't defend himself. Poor form, but what can you expect from Fox- cheap shots!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    I like that they didn't celebrate after scoring, it shows that even they as players are fed up with their play this season. This can be worked on.

The Force took their foot off the pedal as they were killing it. It was clear after the first try they weren't going to lose this one even if they let the Sunwolves come back into it. I wouldn't blame them, every team does it. Who cares about the bonus point, we aren't getting into the final so it means nothing but an ego boost that the Force probably shouldn't have.

I like how the Japanese crowd do wolf howls during scrums etc. such a bizarre way to pump up the atmosphere.
    When we're trying (hoping even) to avoid consecutive wooden spoons those bonus points come in real handy.
    We should have gotten it & there's no excuse for giving it up

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    I never new Dane Haylett - Pit tae had any Maori in him.
    Oh come on, after making a jinking run, the Kiwi commentator must have assumed he was born in Rotorua and his father was an All Black trialist.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Player
    vCash
    Credit where it's due the boys played well as they should have against the Sunwolves.

Sport is played 90% above the shoulders. You could see in that first 60 minutes that they believed they could win. The forwards believed they had the dominance over their counterparts, how many times did they fend off the first tackler or try and step through the tackle. As perplexing is the fade outs, and the retreat to the kicking game when previous momentum has them hot on the attack.

The coaching rumours are circulating. Was the better performance today a response to reports that Foley is gone season end? Who knows. Tough to figure out what the baseline performance is for the Force.

Great result buy I don't think it should excuse the many slaps in the face we have endured this season.

DHP is shopping his wares for a gold jersey. Would like to see him really work on his kick and chase in the mold of the Clans Ben Smith.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    When we're trying (hoping even) to avoid consecutive wooden spoons those bonus points come in real handy.
    We should have gotten it & there's no excuse for giving it up
    Maybe. Wouldn't hurt to give the opposition a little credit for an improved performance in the second half, though. Beats bagging our blokes out after a reasonable display with the troops they had available.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast