Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street with Westie Man

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Okay it's time to come clean with everything so reply yes or no if you want me to spill the beans Seven Mile
    Okay you had your chance and never took it Seven Mile so you can do your own homework now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I am presently drying my hair with this thread...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    I am presently drying my hair with this thread...
    which also has the distinct smell of urine

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    which also has the distinct smell of urine
    That's why I'm drying it...

Apprentice
    vCash
    After coming back from overseas and attending training at brothers, I was astounded to see sevenmile red carded.
    Are we becoming that politically correct that the sanitisation of a rugby forum has taken to the extent of disposing of one of the characters on TWF?
    I find his humor sometimes demeaning, but seems to be on the ball in a humorous way, IMO and to others who take this personally need to grow up.
    After growing up in South Africa I find the remarks about ABOs on the NO RUGBY POST as demeaning and racist but taken out of context by one precious TWF member and considered a like by 2 others, to be uneducated in these matters is far worse than the missing capital or a full stop and an apology required.
    I read between the lines and find that a lot of TWF members are not interested in community rugby, and that is there right but you must remember the foundations of the force were built on community rugby and as the base has eroded so has the force, and I am now reading the sea of blue are going to save the force, well it has taken 10 years to become pro active by asking TWF supporters to get together and brainstorm, well what have you been doing while the base has eroded over the past 10 years? club rugby has suffered at the detriment of the force, and has been alienated by those who now wish to save it. I really do hope something positive comes of it.
    It would seem more pro-active if the board actually went to the clubs instead of asking them to come to RWA it might seem a bit more pro-active.

Now Westie, I have only been back in the country 48 hours and this is what happened.
    A club has been filling out teams sheets incorrectly, not on one occasion but on many.
    The players names have been left off the team sheet so they can qualify for the team below and play finals.
    RWA are aware of this and by the sounds of it half the rugby community.
    There are rules in place for a reason, but to blatantly break them is a crime.
    Do you wish to tell TWF who has done this Westie?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Why is everyone so scared to name who the tem or teams are, you all seem to know, so let us in on your not so secret..

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Why is everyone so scared to name who the tem or teams are, you all seem to know, so let us in on your not so secret..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken M View Post
    After coming back from overseas and attending training at brothers, I was astounded to see sevenmile red carded.
    Are we becoming that politically correct that the sanitisation of a rugby forum has taken to the extent of disposing of one of the characters on TWF?
    I find his humor sometimes demeaning, but seems to be on the ball in a humorous way, IMO and to others who take this personally need to grow up.
    After growing up in South Africa I find the remarks about ABOs on the NO RUGBY POST as demeaning and racist but taken out of context by one precious TWF member and considered a like by 2 others, to be uneducated in these matters is far worse than the missing capital or a full stop and an apology required.
    I read between the lines and find that a lot of TWF members are not interested in community rugby, and that is there right but you must remember the foundations of the force were built on community rugby and as the base has eroded so has the force,
    Hi Ken, thanks for your extensive 5th post, can I make a couple of comments.

Regarding the "a lot of TWF members are not interested in community rugby" From my perspective, being squarely one who has been lumped into that category on several occasions, I am actually VERY interested in community rugby. I just don't have the time to attend. If you ask many of the community boys on here, my questions are an attempt for me to understand what's going on in the community game because I know that is the foundation for the Force.

Unfortunately, due to my tendency to qualify what I say with statements of what I don't know I set myself up as a target to be abused by every community rugby troll because I haven't been involved in community rugby and I should get my sanctimonious nose out of their business.

You can't have it both ways, either accept my interest, questions and comments or accept me to not be interested, don't tell me to piss off and then bitch when I do.

Secondly, the abo comments were my doing, one which I agonised over for some time before posting it and knowing how embarrassed AUSS would have been at that typo (because he is a very cosmopolitan guy, I had a dig.....probably not the most well advised dig, but it went out there. If I have offended, I truly apologize, as my intent wasn't to do that.

As for the red carding of sevenmile, I had nothing (that I'm aware of) to do with that. apart from possibly setting him off with a comment about one of his posts (again, probably not a great decision) I don't even know what he said that got him kicked off, as I've hit the ignore button on him and only read his posts when I need some context.

So by all means comment on this site. I welcome it and am not shy about defending my opinion, but make sure you have the whole story first!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Is spilling the beans like cutting the cheese?
    Apparently not because it's been very quiet since said beans were mentioned yesterday.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    What's all this about Seven Mile getting a red card

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ^^

I can spot 4 (count them 4) capital letters in that one!

(admittedly two of them were mid-sentence and not for proper nouns, but at least the bloke's trying)
    Gigs I'm an English teacher and from reading your posts quietly these past months you are in no position to be correcting peoples spelling and grammar..

Truly the definition of irony, if you'd like to arrange a tutoring session message me privately and I'd be more than happy to do so, although it'd be a joint session with my 8 year old son but I'm sure after a while I could get you up to speed with everything..

Lastly Gigs I have a definition here for you.. relevant: closely connected or appropriate to the matter in hand.

vCash
    Is that meant to be people's or peoples?

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Have you patented the double full stop?

Do you have a criterion for its use, and an explanation for its grammatical application?

Or are you just a smartarse English teacher seeking self aggrandisement at the expense of another?

Does it make you feel better?

Wanker.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Hi Ken, thanks for your extensive 5th post,
    Do we count quality or quantity?

Secondly, the abo comments were my doing, one which I agonised over for some time before posting it and knowing how embarrassed AUSS would have been at that typo (because he is a very cosmopolitan guy, I had a dig.....probably not the most well advised dig, but it went out there. If I have offended, I truly apologize, as my intent wasn't to do that.

To say you were emotionally strained over this comment shows your ignorance towards the issue by still posting and covering your racist views with what could be construed as humor.

As for the red carding of sevenmile, I had nothing (that I'm aware of) to do with that. apart from possibly setting him off with a comment about one of his posts (again, probably not a great decision) I don't even know what he said that got him kicked off, as I've hit the ignore button on him and only read his posts when I need some context.

Probably your post about nothing?

So by all means comment on this site. I welcome it and am not shy about defending my opinion, but make sure you have the whole story first!
    Do you have a criterion for its use

I look forward to your 15,140 post.
    Hopefully people yet to post wont be put off as they feel intimidated by whether they have your blessing.

Rookie
    vCash
    So to get back on topic ..... Westie Man are you going to divulge the details?
    When? Which club? Which people?

Otherwise all this pedant crap will continue - I read text messages from my teenagers - If I can read that and interpret the message then the lack of punctuation here and there from posters and a few incorrectly spelt words is nothing.

Page 9 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast