Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 628

Thread: Word on the street with Westie Man

  1. #61
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    9
    vCash
    5000000
    Uni Colts have a VERY handy young bloke aged 16 at the start of the season (now 17). Been dispensated and is carving them up. If you're good enough, you're old enough...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,771
    vCash
    188360
    Quote Originally Posted by Front 3 View Post
    Uni Colts have a VERY handy young bloke aged 16 at the start of the season (now 17). Been dispensated and is carving them up. If you're good enough, you're old enough...
    good enough AND physically developed enough.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #63
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,813
    vCash
    5152000
    Quote Originally Posted by Front 3 View Post
    Uni Colts have a VERY handy young bloke aged 16 at the start of the season (now 17). Been dispensated and is carving them up. If you're good enough, you're old enough...
    Would think you are talking about Mitchs boy.He is very good and has been dispensated through the correct channels.Handled properly he will play professional rugby.
    Had a very good look at the 15 year old in the weekend and gently nutured along until he's ready also has the potential to make a career out of rugby.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 16-05-16 at 11:27.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  4. #64
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,813
    vCash
    5152000
    COTT
    Cott are playing like headless Chooks and is the return of prodigal son The Chook as head an option.
    Tom Sexton the alleged Force professional was dragged at halftime yesterday and for that to happen well you have to ask who the faark signed him up in the first place.
    I was told even before he got here that he wasn't up to club standard let alone Super rugby.
    The coaches are out of their depth and things are turning fowl down those parts.
    SOAKS
    Soaks much vaunted intergration policy hasn't quite turned out as planned and Jerry is coping some serious backstabbing from the heavy hitters.When 6 or 7 players are turning up for training you have a major problem.
    Watched Soaks V Kala first comp game this season under lights and a bunch of ferals turned up sculling cans of Export,yelling out crap to the ref and others and here's the kicker,they were the new Soaks supporters club and I thought to myself then, well that mob won't fit in to well nestled amongst the Chardonnay sipping cucumber sandwhich munching set down at Swanbourne.
    I wonder if the prop that told Soaks he was offered 4k by Wests to play for them and within a heartbeat was offered 5k by Soaks was worth it considering no one Wests had ever heard or talked to him.Smart bastard earnt 5 k for a 30 second bullshit conversation.
    Broome Street clubs are both in for a long season.

    these clubs won't be playing finals rugby this season.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  5. #65
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,076
    vCash
    5524000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Hey, Westie, you're kicking the man when he's down.

    I kick the man when he's up.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #66
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,076
    vCash
    5524000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Not to say they both don't deserve a good kicking.

    Anyway, went to see Perth v Palmyra yesterday. Real polar bear weather.

    The young lady ref went well. Good knowledge of the rules, let the game flow and kept control. The game flowed so well that (as is the case with a good ref) she was usually not noticeable on the field. No biffos occurred, even when things got a little heated between players. Only criticism, and not a major one, was that on a couple of occasions she got between the passer from the base of the ruck and the first receiver. No harm done, as on each occasion the intended receiver ended up with the ball.

    Great debut. She'll go far.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #67
    Player
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Morley
    Posts
    466
    vCash
    280000
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Not to say they both don't deserve a good kicking.

    Anyway, went to see Perth v Palmyra yesterday. Real polar bear weather.

    The young lady ref went well. Good knowledge of the rules, let the game flow and kept control. The game flowed so well that (as is the case with a good ref) she was usually not noticeable on the field. No biffos occurred, even when things got a little heated between players. Only criticism, and not a major one, was that on a couple of occasions she got between the passer from the base of the ruck and the first receiver. No harm done, as on each occasion the intended receiver ended up with the ball.

    Great debut. She'll go far.
    Had I been able to point you out in a crowd, I'd have sent a hot beef roll over!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by G_Beard; 22-05-16 at 20:40.

  8. #68
    Champion Ralto's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,282
    vCash
    5798650
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    Had I been able to point you out in a crowd, I'd have sent a hot beef roll over!
    Oooh err, Promises, promises.
    Anyway Numbats are on the rise, a few changes at the club have really seen an improve after the dire statements about financial collapse a season or two ago. Lost all their stars to the big money etc. Left a core of good, hard club men. After seeing the 20s there is plenty of talent about, hope they don't implode.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #69
    Prospect
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    1
    vCash
    5000000
    Further to Fluvio's earlier post it is a good time for refs in WA, we just need more!!
    Coops to ref at U20 World Cup
    Tyler doing premier grade and on ARU panel at 21
    Young Sam Jones doing premier grade and national schoolboys and not yet 20
    A record 4 ARU scholarship refs from WA , Kaleb Barr, Petrus van Auswegen, Jono Arthurs and Arno Habig, who have been flying the WA flag in NSW this weekend
    With this recognition it is a good time for young and old to take up the whistle and enjoy the game from the best seat in the house

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #70
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,771
    vCash
    188360
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Sol View Post
    Further to Fluvio's earlier post it is a good time for refs in WA, we just need more!!
    Coops to ref at U20 World Cup
    Tyler doing premier grade and on ARU panel at 21
    Young Sam Jones doing premier grade and national schoolboys and not yet 20
    A record 4 ARU scholarship refs from WA , Kaleb Barr, Petrus van Auswegen, Jono Arthurs and Arno Habig, who have been flying the WA flag in NSW this weekend
    With this recognition it is a good time for young and old to take up the whistle and enjoy the game from the best seat in the house
    I watch the force with one of the ref coaches - he is really excited about the calibre of young refs coming through the system - Force have brought about a bunch of west Aussie players and refs, which is a great and unexpected benefit!

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #71
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,527
    vCash
    23002000
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Sol View Post
    Further to Fluvio's earlier post it is a good time for refs in WA, we just need more!!
    Coops to ref at U20 World Cup
    Tyler doing premier grade and on ARU panel at 21
    Young Sam Jones doing premier grade and national schoolboys and not yet 20
    A record 4 ARU scholarship refs from WA , Kaleb Barr, Petrus van Auswegen, Jono Arthurs and Arno Habig, who have been flying the WA flag in NSW this weekend
    With this recognition it is a good time for young and old to take up the whistle and enjoy the game from the best seat in the house
    There have actually been 3 referees make their Premier Grade debut this season, and I expect there to be at least one more in the coming few weeks. The depth appears to have returned, which is a very pleasing thing for us referees, and hopefully the teams as well.

    Of course we could always do with more new recruits; those who watch or play and reckon they could do a better job than the mug out there....

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #72
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,813
    vCash
    5152000
    Hear RWA are conducting assessments tonight to finally put to bed the 17's-20's dispensation saga.The players who wish to play up will undergo an assessment by professional coaches and that will be the end of it.Good idea but why the hell has it taken so long for this to happen.
    Lets hope they learn for next season and do it before the comp starts and not 8 games in,will save a lot a grief and put those with other agenda's back in their box once and for all.
    Does make a mockery of previous years where there was no room for movement outside the 2 year window but at least it's happening now.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  13. #73
    Red Carded
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    gosnells
    Posts
    390
    vCash
    5102000
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Hear RWA are conducting assessments tonight to finally put to bed the 17's-20's dispensation saga.The players who wish to play up will undergo an assessment by professional coaches and that will be the end of it.Good idea but why the hell has it taken so long for this to happen.
    Lets hope they learn for next season and do it before the comp starts and not 8 games in,will save a lot a grief and put those with other agenda's back in their box once and for all.
    Does make a mockery of previous years where there was no room for movement outside the 2 year window but at least it's happening now.
    Does this mean you will return to your club Westie man now the saga is all over
    What do you think if every west player is assessed and passed that your exile has been a waste and the wee man was right on it from
    The start and you are willing to forgive and forget or are there other issues keeping you from the hallowed turf of Bennett park

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #74
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,076
    vCash
    5524000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    The players who wish to play up will undergo an assessment by professional coaches and that will be the end of it.
    How many professional coaches do we have in WA? (No, not them, coaches that somebody would pay a living wage to).

    Foley?

    Yeah, I can see him assessing a kid from Mandurah under 17's wanting to play fourth grade for them ...

    In fact I can see a whole heap of coaches from other clubs anxiously lining up to take responsibility for an ARKS kid [insert name of any other club] breaking a couple of neck vertebrae playing up the grades for a club they have no interest in.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #75
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,813
    vCash
    5152000
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Does this mean you will return to your club Westie man now the saga is all over
    What do you think if every west player is assessed and passed that your exile has been a waste and the wee man was right on it from
    The start and you are willing to forgive and forget or are there other issues keeping you from the hallowed turf of Bennett park
    Kala have good coaches and good atmosphere and I'll leave at that

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

Page 5 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Winning with Westie
    By westies man in forum Western Force
    Replies: 143
    Last Post: 10-12-17, 10:08
  2. What's Up With Westie Man?
    By sevenmile in forum Western Australian Metro Rugby
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 15-05-17, 16:46
  3. westie man
    By westies man in forum Western Force
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 19-07-12, 18:18
  4. i'm SPREADING THE WORD
    By Mtbeaver in forum Public Bar
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 29-04-07, 10:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •