Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street with Westie Man

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I've tried to live my life so far by acting on what I think is RIGHT. And been poorer for it in money terms. Been out watching the Socceroos go down tonight and have a few beers on board. Not sure offering more and more money to assist these incompetant, dishonest f@ckers is the right way. Have to sleep on it. But I think it will still stink in the morning.
    I get your point mate, but I don't think Twiggys playing the "keep paying till they say yes game" I think he's making offers they can't refuse in such a way that they will. This is great prizes for the cause in the first part and gold for the legal team in the second part. I assume the 50 mill carried a condition of having to be used for grass roots to flush out the lie that the savings will be spent on grass roots. This one carries the condition that clone must resign, well imho that will never happen, but it sure makes it obvious that this is now a face saving exercise. I say keep it in the news by hook or by crook.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Surely such an offer has to be taken to the ARU board and not rejected out of hand by Clyne and the two other puppets that he has his hands up the arse of. That's right John Eales, you are nothing more than a puppet destroying Rugby these days.

I texted Jono last night and said it's reached the point where it's personal between both Forrest and Clyne.

I reckon Forrest could offer the ARU his entire fortune and Clyne would say no.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Surely such an offer has to be taken to the ARU board and not rejected out of hand by Clyne and the two other puppets that he has his hands up the arse of. That's right John Eales, you are nothing more than a puppet destroying Rugby these days.
    That depends on how confident he is of being able to bully the rest of the board into following his lead. He has NSW in his pocket, because....well he's a Sydney W(b)anker, Qld through Eales the puppet and the rest don't count.

I've served on committees where one player has that sort of power and they tend towards making increasingly outrageous statements and decisions, knowing that they have no accountability. This will only stop when the law intervenes, because Twiggy has been personally slighted (all the ridiculous comments about "where has he been", when he's been the silent support for the Force all along) and he's now got the bit between his teeth and will not let go until the process concludes.

I would suggest, looking from the outside that Twiggy has a fuckload more business sense than Patsy Clone as well. He's playing the media like an orchestra at the moment and will keep doing so until this case is won in the court of public opinion, it won't need a court of law at that stage.

Has anybody heard of the plans for a further legal action should this one fail? I would think that one more wait for a hearing and verdict will get the job done, SANZAaR will have to either cut somebody else or release a 16 team draw by the end of the month or they'll start running into serious scheduling issues.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    There is bound to be a number of cases from players and staff for mental health and suffering and I was wondering if we as members can bring a class action against them for the same?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    GIGS - my understanding is that there is no further avenue of appeal available in relation to the Alliance Agreement case. If we win, the ARU has nowhere to go; and vice versa. I could be wrong though as I'm not a lawyer!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    GIGS - my understanding is that there is no further avenue of appeal available in relation to the Alliance Agreement case. If we win, the ARU has nowhere to go; and vice versa. I could be wrong though as I'm not a lawyer!
    From everything i have read over the last few weeks i believe there is other legal cases which can be started as well (the "in good faith" case for one). All of which would more than likely be prefaced by injunctions to prevent us actually being cut.

Champion
    vCash
    Wandered down to watch the Rugby league U/18's semi finals tonight because Westie Boy had a few school mates playing and in the major semi 1 v 2 North Beach played South Perth. South Perth started with 9 players and got an injury so game was called off before halftime with North Beach leading 48-nil and you think we've got problems. Another reason why the Force needs to survive.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Not to hard to figure out why the SG Ball team didn't win a game all season then. If South Perth are struggling they are in deep do-do.

vCash
    I didn't realize until quite recently how much Rugby League had shrunk in WA since the 90's. Makes me worry about union to be honest. having said that, I've been pretty impressed with the Ellenbrook Rabbitohs - they've got two fields just down the road from me and on training nights they are pretty full.

Champion
    vCash
    Word on the street - Wessels is going NOWHERE!!

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    F@ck! With Westie's track record over this saga the coach is going to the Tahs to replace Gibson. You heard it here first.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Thanks Westie,
    Is his decision based upon generic loyalty to the ideals upon which the Force was built or is there something tangible on it's way?

C'mon the

vCash
    Very, very symbolic vote in favour of our future if he stays - at least three of the EARU teams would be desperate to get him, if not all four of them.

Would also help some undecided players I suspect. Hope you are right Westie!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Wessels has just signed a 5 year contract to coach Wests Scarborough.

RugbyWA will pay his wages.

You heard it here first.

vCash
    Didn't Pally have enough Telly's left?

Page 39 of 45 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 ... LastLast