Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street with Westie Man

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I go to a sporting fixture to watch the game, not to see some half baked half time dickheadery being enacted, or to watch some vocally challenged jingoist screeching incomprehensibly in acoustics that would challenge a hyena's dignity. If I wanted the latter, I would attend a Jimmy Barnes concert or a Kiss revival.

The League game against the New Zealanders at NIB was the greatest height to which League can aspire internationally.

Were the Wallabies to play the All Blacks in Perth, do you seriously think NIB stadium would be big enough to hold the crowd, or that the expectations of the ARU would be so low as to even consider it as a venue?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thanks for the enlightenment. I shall give myself a good scourging and spend the week in sack cloth and ashes.

I fear I might be led into temptation again when the Origin is played at the new stadium, though. I'll just have to go through another bout of genuine contrition, I suppose.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    No, no ...I'm speaking personally, you take your pleasures where you find them ...

Champion
    vCash
    A question for you Fulvio, have you attended any matches at NIB this season.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Nope.

But I have every other year.

If it's worth (in my opinion) going to, I'll go.

But that's another issue altogether, isn't it?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    I go to a sporting fixture to watch the game, not to see some half baked half time dickheadery being enacted, or to watch some vocally challenged jingoist screeching incomprehensibly in acoustics that would challenge a hyena's dignity. If I wanted the latter, I would attend a Jimmy Barnes concert or a Kiss revival.

The League game against the New Zealanders at NIB was the greatest height to which League can aspire internationally.

Were the Wallabies to play the All Blacks in Perth, do you seriously think NIB stadium would be big enough to hold the crowd, or that the expectations of the ARU would be so low as to even consider it as a venue?
    17 September, NIB Stadium Perth, Rugby Union, Australia vs Argentina, attendance 16,200.
    15 October, NIB Stadium Perth, Rugby League, Australia vs New Zealand, attendance 20,300.

15 October, Etihad Stadium Melbourne, A-League, Melbourne Derby, attendance 43,200.

ARU, are you watching any of this?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Well I've just been to my very first League match having never even seen a NRL match before and only went because Westie Boy nagged me to go and it pains me to say this but it absolutely pissed all over the Argies V Wallabies match a few weeks ago.

The pre match was very well done with fireworks and live band on a wheel out stage which I hadn't seen before only added to the atmosphere.

A meaningful curtain raiser match between the best of the local talent available before hand set the scene, throw in things like having a voting poll for the half time music and you have a recipe for enjoyment and makes you want to go back again.

The ARU can't just expect the punters to show up for a test match without spending a few dollars and providing decent entertainment, they need to get their shit together because if diehard union men like myself are talking league up then they have a big problem.
    Agree 100%, ARU could learn a lot from Saturday

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Good to see the old girl rocking again. Great vibe at the ground (and in Northbridge before and after for that matter).

Player
    vCash
    I was in two minds about the atmosphere. A full stadium was great but 15 mins in line for refreshments had me longing for a force crowd 😊.

vCash
    My missus went for a couple of beers (I'm pretty set on watching the game when we've forked over a couple of hundred). She came back 10 mins later with a bratwurst, no beer and had missed a try.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    it's hard to get good help these days,isn't it ?

Champion
    vCash
    The annual poaching season is well and truly underway and has started early this season. Again for the tenth time club hoppers are only short term mercenaries and just piss everyone off, what don't some people get, slow learners.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Surely by now, the club hoppers are well known by all clubs and those who bid will be aware of what they're paying for?

Is it really that much of a source of angst anymore?

C'mon the

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Surely by now, the club hoppers are well known by all clubs and those who bid will be aware of what they're paying for?

You really have no idea do you?

I love the poaching season; its the most competitive part of the rugby calendar.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

As long as the poaching clubs know they are only getting the player for 1 season (or half a season if the player gets a better offer elsewhere!)

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 29 of 45 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast