Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street with Westie Man

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't accept for a moment what someone from Wests told you as being true, but even if I did, "he deserved it"?

Really?

Wests supporters are the arbiters over what other people can or can't say?

Supporters of other clubs have to accept without complaint the right of Wests supporters to assault them?

Wests supporters have dispensation from the laws that the rest of us must obey, and can assault who-ever displeases them at will?

The Wests supporter was impeded or prevented from walking away if he or she didn't like what he/she was hearing?

Stop digging.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Sorry westie you cant sell that one, you have got to walk away these days.
    What Fulvio has revealed is beyond beliefs and absolutely stinks.
    This behaviour on and off the field of this group of people is beyond humor and can only be described as atrocious.
    I'm off ,this is becoming the most embarrassing incidents I can remember and don't wish to comment or be part of such a fiasco.
    Hopefully you and your club and the wider rugby community get some justice Fulvio as i'm not someone that could go as low as this wests group and believe me I have been to some low places.
    Goodbye all

Player
    vCash
    Well!
    After reading the last few posts...

A glimmer of goodness coming out Perth Rugby is that the lads from Perth Irish and the lads from Perth Bayswater got together today for a bit of Sunday run around with, from what I understand players from multiple grades across both teams and plenty of reserves having a crack.
    Looked as though everyone had a great time, rugby bonds were strengthened and a continuation of the good will between the two clubs that share the grounds and facilities.
    Well done to all involved.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    In more stories of rugby good times, a predominantly 3&4 grade Baysie team bussed it up to Geraldton for game of rugby and a combined beer appreciation session with the local lads after.
    By all reports - a top shelf outing!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Alby Mathewson has flown out to Christchurch to hook up with the Canterbury ITM squad as injury cover. The consistently best performing ITM side in NZ has to come here for players, what's going on. Thought it a bit strange watching the NRC wrap last night and spotting Godwin,Lacey and Jooste all playing elsewhere.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    .. spotting Godwin,Lacey and Jooste all playing elsewhere.
    Adding to the Australian talent pool, players produced locally

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    An observation from someone who unfortunately, due to a life in the bush, only ever played one Colts match with a Perth club while at boarding school (two matches on a weekend for forwards was frowned on back then) and has watched probably 10-15 weekends of Club since.
    Reading through the pages of this enlightening thread, why the hell would someone want to be involved with the Club scene in Perth as it stands today (at least, as represented in these pages)???
    It appears that pretty much every club is complicit in one form of corrupt activity or another, it seems all the club stalwarts have the shits with pretty much every other club in the comp, every club accuses other clubs of pilfering players and it appears that there is a massive, potentially self imposed, "them and us" siege mentality that has been developed in Clubland v RWA/EWF. Arguably the only unifying theme among the Clubs.
    I 100% agree that for the Force to be strong the local comp must be strong. A strong local comp isn't one that sees your team pummel all comers. It is one that encourages the development of their own Juniors and makes the full community experience package one that makes loyal Juniors resist the lure of outside approaches. It is one where opposing supporters are fighting over buying the first round, not throwing punches.
    Competitive Rugby will never be a scene for the timid of heart, but surely the true spirit of Rugby off the field of battle that we all have in our roots must shine through eventually?
    The mud slinging carry on we read here is not the best advertisement for Clubland to be enhancing their numbers and winning over the hearts and minds of those who love Rugby enough to buy season tickets to watch a fairly underwhelming provincial team, but not enough to be involved at the grass roots level.
    The usual suspects can choose here. Most reading on will have come to expect such a post from an "outsider" to get torn to shreds, but that will only reinforce my point. You, the loyal grass roots member, could choose instead to look in the mirror, even ever so briefly, and contemplate. Are you being all you could be in winning over the disenfranchised and unaffiliated Rugby lovers in your neighbourhood? What is missing? What can you do to expose "corruption" at your own club? Are the team sheets from your club squeaky clean? Why are the juniors from your club leaving? The real reasons, not the publicly palatable reasons. What can you do to try and make it an easier decision for them to stay? Is there fresh blood rotating through your committees and a welcoming culture to outsiders and outsider thought? Heaven forbid, what are other relatively small competitions and codes doing to be successful? You can say that I don't know what I'm talking about, which specifically may be correct, however, I do know human behaviour and what buttons to push and levers to pull to get the best out of my team/group/committee from local to national level. So many different clichés I could choose to wrap up on, but the choice is yours, not mine. Because your product now? I'm not buying it.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Solid points Burgs.

Champion
    vCash
    C'mon G Beard you've put your fair share of unsubstantiated shit into clubs over time.
    I agree about not getting too involved with the local scene Burgs because there seems to be more and more people around who will lie, cheat and corrupt good solid rugby men to further their own ends.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Player
    vCash
    My comment to Burgs' prose is factually correct.

As for posting unsubstantiated shit, my friend...

Red Carded
    vCash
    Well burgs I read your post last night and have gone through a box of tissues and only just wiped the last tears from my eyes
    Save your money burgs RWA is like investing in Dick Smiths
    Please don't start your posts with I don't know anything about this subject but it sends shivers up mine spine

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenmile View Post
    Well burgs I read your post last night and have gone through a box of tissues and only just wiped the last tears from my eyes
    Save your money burgs RWA is like investing in Dick Smiths
    Please don't start your posts with I don't know anything about this subject but it sends shivers up mine spine
    Not that long ago the Australian Government introduced standardized testing for primary and secondary students in an attempt to assess if Australian schools were meeting learning goals. One part of these tests was on comprehension in reading.
    I suspect that you, Mr Oneinch, would be at the bottom end of the bell curve on that part of the primary school test.
    However, you do seem to score well on irony, intentional or not.
    Since the understanding and application of irony is a good sign of intelligence I suspect it wasn't intentional,

tl;dr You are a bell end!

Red Carded
    vCash
    Thank you dog for the compliment
    I feel your frustration
    Maybe if people spent more time doing there job as in Job description instead of worrying about the occasional commer we would all be in a better place
    No fear no favour

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Not that long ago the Australian Government introduced standardized testing for primary and secondary students in an attempt to assess if Australian schools were meeting learning goals. One part of these tests was on comprehension in reading.
    I suspect that you, Mr Oneinch, would be at the bottom end of the bell endon that part of the primary school test.
    However, you do seem to score well on irony, intentional or not.
    Since the understanding and application of irony is a good sign of intelligence I suspect it wasn't intentional,

tl;dr You are a bell end!
    you missed a perfect play one words there.

Page 26 of 45 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast