Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Word on the street with Westie Man

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    That's so 1970s, Westie.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Anyway, a man who would contemplate accommodating 3 smelly gorillas in his skyrocket wouldn't likely have much interest in skimpy barmaids, I would have thought.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    moot point,as the crusaders let Westies down!

vCash
    Should have cashed out for a chimp.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Finals fast approaching so I thought I would share my thoughts on what I want to see.
    I have wandered around all clubs this season and without being a fervent supporter of either team each week have sat back,relaxed and sucked in a few beers and just taken in the games without doing much else.

What I would like to see and would hope does happen is that the teams in all grades play the best players available after they have met the criteria as set out in accordance with the rules as set out on the RWA finals eligibility webpage.
    It is my understanding that a local player has to have taken part in a minimum of 6 matches during the regular season and a professional player to have taken part in a minimum of 3 matches during the regular season.

Can we please have a season where finals doesn't descend into the usual bitch feast where players are either ruled out due to some obscure bullshit reason by the Force or players are granted dispensation without meeting the required criteria .
    I would hope that new Force coach Dave Wessels shows some respect to the hard working local rugby community and makes available all eligible players for the finals.

This season has run smoothly and has been largely incident free apart from one or two instances that were beyond the control of both the clubs and RWA.

What everyone wants to see is the players that got their club to the finals be a fair and just indication of that team for the season.
    What I wouldn't want to see is players fireballed in such as Wykes and Cowan 3 seasons ago or players like the Kane Koteka debacle ruled out due to Foley's contempt for club rugby last season.Can you tell that still fucken shit's me.

I would also be disappointed if I read a lower grade finals report like last season where a player scores 2 tries in the final and I recognised his name from playing 1st grade.Upon looking his name up on Rugby Link I see that he was recorded as playing 6 games 1st grade and 7 games playing 4th grade and was subsequently graded as a 4th grade player.Similar to the story I heard about a lower grade team 2 weeks ago who had 18 players at the game and 26 names were recorded as having taken the field.

SANZAR showed everyone how it should be done with the Liam Messam and Pat Lambie Super Rugby finals rules,hadn't met the criteria so couldn't play,end of story.

Whack the players out that got you there and cut the crap out because someone somewhere is watching[do do do do do do do do ]sound of twighlight zone in background for added effect.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by westies man; 29-07-16 at 14:42.
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Rookie
    vCash
    I don't recall any 4th grade grade final where a premier grade player scored 2 tries..

But your point still stands, lots of team sheets being filled up this week with the full complement. The only bright side is the 'All Star' 5th grade teams seem to be a thing of the past this year.

vCash
    To make it fairer in the finals, impose a handicap system so that a team has 15 points deducted from it's final score for every player it fields in the finals who has played at least one game for the Force in a super rugby match that season.

You know it makes sense, every one gets to see the mighty rep players playing grass roots rugby, which was the reason RugbyWA gave for allowing ring ins to play in finals.

Palmyra would selflessly agree to this sacrifice I'm sure.

Otherwise, everythin' wot Westie said.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Speaking of finals westie, how many of those cheaters from wests are playing in the junior finals coming up? Rugby WA really needs to crack down on team sheets and more needs to be done about it. It's extremely unfair to the parents and children involved in other clubs to see this happen and them so easily get away with it. Sad to say I saw those boys out there today now the wests colts season has gone down the drain. Rugby WA allowing them to virtually stack their team for junior finals. I like what fulvio has just said I think the same rules should apply to juniors and they should not be eligible after what they did. The sad thing is, it's not just wests plenty of teams are doing this and getting away with it as well.

Champion
    vCash
    How would I know, I am not involved down there now in any shape or form whatsoever and my boy plays for Kala.Ask someone who gives one.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    West has ended up with half of the Wanneroo juniors players thanks to the Aranmore influence

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    I don't recall any 4th grade grade final where a premier grade player scored 2 tries..

But your point still stands, lots of team sheets being filled up this week with the full complement. The only bright side is the 'All Star' 5th grade teams seem to be a thing of the past this year.
    Paly fielded a first grade player in 4th grade a few weeks back and I think he scored 5 or 6 tries. What a hero.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zed View Post
    Paly fielded a first grade player in 4th grade a few weeks back and I think he scored 5 or 6 tries. What a hero.
    Must be a club culture thing if proved to be correct.....

vCash
    The player in question hasn't played firsts since 2014.

vCash
    What a load of rot, no benefit in it, we don't need first grade players in 4ths, why would we play a player in 4th grade when we were still fighting for a place in prems finals
    How do i know its rot, I coach the first grade.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I guess for some, once a first grader, always a first grader, depending on what your argument is

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 15 of 45 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast