Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player Contracts

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    That is good news. For one, Mason is overrated. For two, we should be focusing on bringing Jooste back if we need another fly-half. For three, Tapuai is a good player but he needs to go back to 12. A good season at 12 could see him back in the Wallabies set up.

There aren't a lot of good 12s out there. Taps has the potential to be the best in the Aussie conference.

If our first choice team stays fit and our front row works, we actually have a very strong team.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    That is good news. For one, Mason is overrated. For two, we should be focusing on bringing Jooste back if we need another fly-half. For three, Tapuai is a good player but he needs to go back to 12. A good season at 12 could see him back in the Wallabies set up.

There aren't a lot of good 12s out there. Taps has the potential to be the best in the Aussie conference.

If our first choice team stays fit and our front row works, we actually have a very strong team.
    And they can compete into the 81st

Player
    vCash
    I'm a fan of Taps

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by G_Beard View Post
    I'm a fan of Taps
    Besides their functionality & changing the odd washer I've not really given them much thought...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    When I saw Mason play a couple of weeks back, he looked very unsure of what to do with ball in hand when hot on attack. resulted at one stage an intercept from a nothing pass and a try 90 metres down the other end of the park. Last year we had plenty of blokes who filled that spot, we don't need any more.

vCash
    I don't now how up-to-date the data is on this page: http://www.rugby.com.au/players/mack-mason but it reckons he's made 11 tackles in the NRC, and missed 11, too. We certainly don't need someone that bad at defending.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Force Sign Local Product Richard Hardwick

The Western Force has signed local product Richard Hardwick for the 2017 Super Rugby season.

The UWA and Future Force Foundation product made his Super Rugby debut in Round Six this year against the Highlanders and went on to play a further three games in a whirldwind year for the young back rower.

In what was his third year in the Future Force Program, Hardwick had made significant improvements to his game and was eager for the opportunity that Super Rugby presented. It was Round Six this season that the Force were struck with injuries in the back row and ‘Dickie’ was flown to Dunedin where he made his debut in one of the most daunting arenas in world rugby, Forsyth Barr Stadium otherwise known as ‘The Glass House’.

Hardwick says he’s incredibly proud to have signed with the Force and can’t wait for next season.

“I’m absolutely over the moon,” he said. “I’ve worked really hard to get to this stage and I still have a lot to prove to myself and my teammates, but I just can’t wait to get out there, enjoy my rugby and play alongside my mates.”

The 22-year-old admits that the Future Force Program was instrumental in his rise to Super Rugby.

“The Future Force Program has given me the tools and the platform to get me where I am today. It gave me the opportunity to train every day and be exposed to a professional program. There’s no doubt that it has massively helped me on my journey to play professional rugby.”

With the likes of Matt Hodgson, Ben McCalman, Brynard Stander and new signing Isi Naisarani in the mix to play back row next season, Hardwick knows it will be competitive to earn a jersey next year.

“It’s fantastic that we have so much competition in those posisitons, it’s really important to all of us that we keep pushing each other to get better. As we know rugby is not an individual sport and if we can push each other to get better it only benefits this club.”

Western Force Head Coach Dave Wessels says Hardwick’s elevation from the Future Force Program is thoroughly deserved.

“It’s fantastic to have another local Perth player in the main squad,” he said. “Richard was an inaugural member of our Future Force Program along with Kane Koteka and Harry Scoble, both of whom have gone on to perform at Super Rugby level.”

“It’s a great boost for the club but also great recognition for the Future Force program and all the good work that’s being done there.”

“He’s playing in a very competitive positional group, but he showed a real ability towards the end of the season when he got his opportuntiy to play at Super Rugby level.”

“His ability to get on ball and to challenge the opposition at the breakdown is something that he’s shown a real talent for and something we want to build on in the next few months.”

https://www.westernforce.com.au/forc...chard-hardwick

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    So I wonder if that means we are still considering RHP a lock or a utility forward?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    reckon a lock at this juncture

Champion
    vCash
    Thats a great reward for Hardwicks dedication and the Future Force. Sham Vui and Havili look like the next 2 graduates. Wouldn't be surprised if one of them gets an EPS contract.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    So I wonder if that means we are still considering RHP a lock or a utility forward?
    No. 6

Rookie
    vCash
    I agree with you Kalahard, they both should be promoted. I would have both of them on full contract for two reasons. Firstly I think Vui is the hard, fast running prop that has been missing in years gone by and I think Havilli would be the perfect foil for Morahan on the other wing. That would allow Rona to play 13, with Meakes or Taps to play 12. The first time I saw Rona play , he was a centre for the Chooks under 20's .I can't see any Mungo scout coming to Perth and grabbing a union winger and turning him into a centre, so my reasoning is that he was a centre as a kid
    Secondly we all bitched when the Brumbies offered Jooste a full contract and he left. If it happens again and we learn nothing about securing our future, then we deserve to be where we are.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Could not agree more Ranga. If we learn nothing about securing our future then we deserve what we get.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Is there any reason Gus Cottrell was not mentioned along side the other backrowers? Have I missed something that important

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ranga View Post
    Havilli would be the perfect foil for Morahan on the other wing. That would allow Rona to play 13, with Meakes or Taps to play 12. The first time I saw Rona play , he was a centre for the Chooks under 20's .I can't see any Mungo scout coming to Perth and grabbing a union winger and turning him into a centre, so my reasoning is that he was a centre as a kid.
    You're right he did play centre at the Chooks and did the same for the junior Kiwis. He started with Easts in 2010 after playing SG Ball for the WA Reds in 2009 - as a centre. Don't know where he played for Wanneroo Rugby. But for all intents and purposes he is a Mungo Right Center. Would anyone throw any other "convert" in the deep end at 13 straight off in Super Rugby?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast