Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player Contracts

vCash
    Can we sign someone who is a first choice pick in a super rugby team? Just wondering.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Herbasimplex View Post
    Can we sign someone who is a first choice pick in a super rugby team? Just wondering.
    How dare you even suggest that the Force should sign a first string player! Don't you know that the watering down of rugby talent in Australia is all the Force's fault.
    The real talent in Australia is in Rugby League, this is why the Force should be moved to Western Sydney and we should petition World Rugby to change the number of players on the field to 13.
    Also do away with scrums and lineouts.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Would you move here from over East away from family and friends etc for the same money if you are already a first choice pick? The only incentive for these players would be more money otherwise you get fringe players with the lure of a starting spot.

vCash
    Any news on Hodgo?

Yet to see much evidence that the ARU is serious about making the Force a competitive, winning side......

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    If they do re sign Hodgson, they need to start transitioning him into a coaching role. He has been a warrior for us but he is 35 next year, 10-15 kgs light of being an effective ball runner, blocking the path for a couple of very talented local products and will keep declining physically. We need an injection of fresh young hungry animals to take us forward, not fading warriors nearly finished up.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    So we have two marquee slots left- Lock? Centre? Hooker if Tessman leaves?

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    As much as we like to get talent from other states we must expect the flow to work both ways.

As more and more West Australians become exposed to the rugby community we will see movement in all directions. Unfortunately due to our remote location, lack of success to date and substantial travel, players will be keen to try other pastures

Kyle moving to the Brumbies should be seen that we have now have created a pathway for talent to emerge and through his opportunities here he has been giving the opportunity to improve himself elsewhere and he has given us four good years already.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Lock or Centre for my money, with a preference for Centre.

The two club Hookers who have finished the season for us have proven to be pretty OK, Scoble (despite being slammed by some on this site on debut) has proven to be at least as good as Charles and Tessman, along with being young and being genuinely Perth raised. Rangi appears to be pretty green, but looks like he has posters of Tatafu Polota-Nau on his wall, the boy just seems to like running into things really hard! You'd have to like that in a front Row Forward.

As for Lock, yes we could do with some, but Coleman has proven himself to be a genuine Wallaby prospect and the extra High Performance coaching will only make him better. He looks a far better player when RHP is on the field and they will grow into a pretty handy combination, We'd be OK if we just found some good boys to support them and provide competition for the spots.

Centre, on the other hand, is empty. Even if Godwin did sign with us, there's him and Taps, between them I have seen one god game all year....(last week from Taps) I think we should be saving a marquee slot for a genuinely world class, Matt Giteau style of centre, the sort of guy who can play the Kiwi "Second Five" role. Grant is a wasted contract IMHO as he really doesn't even do what he did well at the Stormers any more.

A Marquee 12 & 13, we could do worse!

C'mon the

vCash
    Sack the lot and start again. Be about all they deserve after the effort displayed on the field this season - irrespective of how close they are off the field. Just didn't have the ticker to finish games off

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd like to see RHP at 6 or 8. You wouldn't say no to an experienced rock shifter if there was one going.

Champion
    vCash
    Only have two available if the ARU agree again. Normallly only two marquues a year but Mafi was seen as an exemption and Mathewson was given an extra extension. Nikoro turned himself into a marquee by going off to play for Samoa. So goodbye Albert.

Rookie
    vCash
    I hate to knock a champion, but the Prior try for the Highlanders on the weekend is a classic example why Hodgo has to be replaced.

Player
    vCash
    I'd like to see RHP at 6 or 8. You wouldn't say no to an experienced rock shifter if there was one going.
    I was thinking about this the other day. Could RHP be turned into the 8 Australian rugby craves?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think the Force could defintely do with more beef in the pack. I was thinking RHP to 6 as a longer term replacement for Fardy. This means we can keep McCalman at 8.

I know this season has been poor, but we actually have a lot of components of a solid side if we get the rub of the green with injuries and all that.

vCash
    If, if, if. That's all we seem to have at the moment - a whole bunch of ifs, buts and maybes.....

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast