Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Player Contracts

Player
    vCash
    The publicity department for the WF is on the ball again, not!
    Why do we have to hear about the signings of players from NZ paper reports. Two that come to mind are Curtis Rona and Ben Matwijow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    just reading how Ben was in the wider training group back in 2013 .. after that he went to NZ and lined up with the best in the business Whitlock and the lads at the crusaders.. Then came back to the reds and had Brad Thorn coach him... He has had the best around him so he has the experience should be a good selection...Just hope the ARU are not using us as a dumping field but it could be a blessing as that's how the brumbies started when super rugby got off the ground..

http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/p...ian-equivalent
    http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/re...44048784f3c5d8

vCash
    Seems that the ARU policy is to make the Force competitive but not at the expense of any of the other Aust franchises. Let's hope that works both ways and that Godwin and Alcock stay here!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    AFTER a week from hell, the tide is set to turn for the Western Force.

We hear they are closing in on the signing of Bulldogs NRL try-scoring sensation Curtis Rona.

The high-profile coup would give the Force a much-needed boost after the drunken controversy in South Africa and poor performances of 2016.

Rona was being mentioned as a contender for the Queensland State of Origin side last year after he broke through as one of league’s best finishers, but then discovered that he was not eligible to play in the code’s showpiece event because he’d spent 12 years of his childhood in Western Australia.

Rona played for the Wanneroo district rugby club and was in the Force’s academy before he switched to league fulltime in 2009.

He made his NRL debut in 2014 for North Queensland, scoring six tries in seven games, before switching to the Bulldogs, for who he’s scored 34 tries in 42 games.

Canterbury Bulldogs NRL star Curtis Rona could be heading home to Perth to join the Western Force.
    Rona’s wife Jacinta also hails from Perth and it’s understood the couple have a home there and are keen to move back with their daughter.

Tellingly, the Bulldogs are now chasing Canberra winger Brenko Lee as a potential replacement for Rona.

]Also boosting the Force roster will be Reds lock Ben Matwijow, who will join the franchise after a stint in the ITM Cup with Taranaki.[/B]

]I do smile when I see our "friends" at the Telegraph claiming to know something we don't This has all been reported in The Worst for months.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    Why do we have to hear about the signings of players from NZ paper reports. Two that come to mind are Curtis Rona and Ben Matwijow.
    The obvious bit would be that the NZ papers don't need to wait for the ink to be dry before they print anything...

vCash
    I wouldn't mind if we became the ARU's Wallaby academy.
    - Any decent young East coast player who's path to the 1st team is blocked by an incumbent and who the ARU thinks would benefit from playing time gets told to move to Perth.
    - Once the incumbent moves (other franchise / Europe / retires) the player's 'home' franchise gets to take him back.
    - The player can choose to stay here if he wants, but will always be battling young, hungry players for his position; local WA talent have to fight these young guns for places, or can move east themselves.
    - In order to properly see if the young players have what it takes, they need to be playing in the style the Wallabies, so the ARU has to appoint a decent coach (automatically a Wallaby assistant coach?)

The East coast would howl with protest that we're taking their young players, but they get first dibs on getting them back, with Super Rugby experience. And we may never be competitive for the title, as any decent players would be snaffled back East, but at least the team would be forced to play attractive rugby as they would all be playing for their Wallaby futures.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    Nothing confirmed yet, the reports are at this stage just reports and not confirmations.

They can only let us know once the deals are signed and sealed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Ben Taps tweeted earlier that this is his last game with the Force. Guess that's another one gone. How many more?????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I wouldn't mind if we became the ARU's Wallaby academy.
    - Any decent young East coast player who's path to the 1st team is blocked by an incumbent and who the ARU thinks would benefit from playing time gets told to move to Perth.
    - Once the incumbent moves (other franchise / Europe / retires) the player's 'home' franchise gets to take him back.
    - The player can choose to stay here if he wants
    I'm sorry, but there's no way I'll continue to pay a membership if that's the case.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    thought he was contracted next season?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    thought he was contracted next season?
    So did I. I asked him to confirm he only meant last game for the season but he didn't reply. I think that means he's off. Hope I'm wrong but.

vCash
    It appears that Godwin may be off, have not seen it yet but apparently Dave Wessels confirmed at the presser after the Brumbies match.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    The deal was done ages ago. Just not been officially announced yet. Can't blame him - he'll blossom there more than he will here for the foreseeable.

I want to know about Tapuai. Anyone know whether he'll definitely still be here next season?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The deal was done ages ago. Just not been officially announced yet. Can't blame him - he'll blossom there more than he will here for the foreseeable.

I want to know about Tapuai. Anyone know whether he'll definitely still be here next season?
    Good sauces say not going anywhere

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    So if Taps stays, can we move him to 12 and have Meakes (or Masirewa?) at 13. We could potentially have a very tasty first choice backline next year:

9. Prior
    10. Lance
    11. Morahan
    12. Tapuai
    13. Masirewa
    14. Rona
    15. DHP

21. Louwrens/Ruru
    22. Grant/Burton
    23. Meakes/Brache

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 11 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast