Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hodgo to play on

vCash

Hodgo to play on

Hodgo to sign on for another year.

Hodge to re-sign

What better way to start the week great news from a great guy and Force man through and through, even better he wants to carry on after retirement in some form or other.

Thank you Matt

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Deserves a 3 year deal and a Wallabies sport against the Poms

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thank you Hodgo. Some one else has faith in the Force.. BLESS!

vCash
    Most needed news in history.

It will need to be followed up with some more good news in the near future to stop the rust flaking off a lot of memberships.

Actually I was thinking on the train coming home from the game on Friday night how apt the "rusted on" metaphor was.

Rust is a corrosive disintegration caused by neglect and failure to maintain. I have decided that I will no longer be rusted on. Next year, if I am to renew my membership i want to be welded on, to sound metal that is well maintained.

I'm prepared to be magnetic for a year or two before actually being welded!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    And why wouldn't he keep going while his body lets him.

After Round 10 his averages as follows:

Ruck Involvements: 38 Total (27 Attack/11 Defence)

Turn Overs Won: 1.5 per game.

Tackles: 14 at 90%. Still the leading tackler in SR by 24.

What you see is what you get - week-in, week-out.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Hodgson has been a strong supporter of Foley since he took charge four years ago.

“I definitely want him to stay. It makes my decision easier,” Hodgson said.

“We started this thing together, we want to see it out together and put the club in good stead.

“I think every player has improved as a footballer and as a person in his time here. He has instilled that in us.”

If this is the case that Foley is to stay, then it is imperative that we need better assistants. Including the following:
    Attack Coach
    Defence Coach
    And a better strength and conditioning coach

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Hodgson has been a strong supporter of Foley since he took charge four years ago.

“We started this thing together, we want to see it out together and put the club in good stead.

“I think every player has improved as a footballer and as a person in his time here. He has instilled that in us.”

If this is the case that Foley is to stay, then it is imperative that we need better assistants. Including the following:
    Attack Coach
    Defence Coach
    Let's rub each other's back.

vCash
    Great news from Hodgo.

Far less exiciting news on the Foley front, given he is contracted for 2017 I guess we're stuck with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Great news from Hodgo.

Far less exiciting news on the Foley front, given he is contracted for 2017 I guess we're stuck with him.
    I would think that's more up to the ARU now!

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Captain supporting his coach.Nothing wrong with that

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post

Attack Coach
    Defence Coach

Attack Coach : Kevin Foote - Has had nearly 4 seasons to mould our attack and we are currently the worst attacking side in super rugby and haven't scored more than 22 points in a game this year. With the experience we have at 9 and 10 this year i expected better than what we are doing. With Godwin and Tapui we have very capable centres and with Morahan and DHP we have very capable outside backs. Has been a major disappointment and has to be under pressure to continue as attack coach.
    Defence Coach : Dave Wessels - Is in charge of a defense leading the competition in missed tackles and 2nd worst points against. Was good in 2014 with strong defense being the foundation of that seasons success but has been in freefall ever since. Another area of disappointment that needs to be addressed.
    Strength and Conditioning Coaches : Charlie Higgins and Will Markwick - In charge of a team that has had the highest number of points conceded in the final 20 minutes of any team this year. To have professional players who can not run out a full 80mins is unacceptable at this level. Must be under pressure to continue as this area has let us down badly this year.

9 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Attack Coach : Kevin Foote - Has had nearly 4 seasons to mould our attack and we are currently the worst attacking side in super rugby and haven't scored more than 22 points in a game this year. With the experience we have at 9 and 10 this year i expected better than what we are doing. With Godwin and Tapui we have very capable centres and with Morahan and DHP we have very capable outside backs. Has been a major disappointment and has to be under pressure to continue as attack coach.
    Defence Coach : Dave Wessels - Is in charge of a defense leading the competition in missed tackles and 2nd worst points against. Was good in 2014 with strong defense being the foundation of that seasons success but has been in freefall ever since. Another area of disappointment that needs to be addressed.
    Strength and Conditioning Coaches : Charlie Higgins and Will Markwick - In charge of a team that has had the highest number of points conceded in the final 20 minutes of any team this year. To have professional players who can not run out a full 80mins is unacceptable at this level. Must be under pressure to continue as this area has let us down badly this year.
    On the money!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Bingo, If Foley is to stay, these areas must be addressed, I don't know the internal structure well enough to know what the solution is, the obvious one is the broom, but it might not be the only one. I also think that there is a significant issue in the playing group. When John Mitchell was universally hated whilst here, at least blokes like Gits and a couple others stood up, told him to shove it and tried to play some winning rugby......I know that wasn't a shining light of a year, but it indicated there wasn't an air of fatalism in the playing group. I think the team run out expecting to lose now and that will NEED to be fixed.

If they are to convert any of the rust to metal, some of the parts will need to be replaced.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Great to have Hodgo sign on for another year. Without his resolve the team would be in an even worse position than it is.

His loyalty to the coach is admirable but if Foley does get to stay on next year it can't be as head coach. He would need to cede some of his responsibilities and have a couple of senior assistants come in with SR experience. The current coaching regime doesn't see to have the solutions on any level. I'd prefer to see a fresh start unless there are major visible improvements in the remaining games. And it's not just the coaches because a lot of the responsibility for the poor performances lie squarely on the players shoulders.

As stated above the "open attacking rugby" style has so far delivered the lowest points total in the competition (143 in 9 games. Avg 15.8) and that's despite a couple of teams having played one less game than us. Combined win record since the start of 2015 is 4 wins and 21 loses (16%). Not sure how low it needs to go before you start asking questions?

The Sunwolves this week will be a major litmus test. A team that only got it's playing squad together a few weeks out from the start of the competition. We can only be spoon fed excuses for so long. I hope the team can show some ticker and come together to win this game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Most needed news in history.

It will need to be followed up with some more good news in the near future to stop the rust flaking off a lot of memberships.

Actually I was thinking on the train coming home from the game on Friday night how apt the "rusted on" metaphor was.

Rust is a corrosive disintegration caused by neglect and failure to maintain. I have decided that I will no longer be rusted on. Next year, if I am to renew my membership i want to be welded on, to sound metal that is well maintained.

I'm prepared to be magnetic for a year or two before actually being welded!
    rust is now being used as a feature though

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast