Fantastic to see our Captain continue to get involved in the local and broader community in an area that is apparently close to his heart. Youth suicide was, and still is, a big issue in the Central Coast NSW where Hodgo spent his early years. It's a big issue in WA - especially rural areas.

LIVINŽ is a registered charity, not-for-profit organisation that was founded to wipe out the stigma on mental illness and raise awareness for suicide prevention. Unlike other charities in the mental health space, past and present, LIVIN use apparel, mainstream media and profiles to make this change and get people talking about mental health. This strategy is perfectly aligned in our core target demographic and by implementing the mission, vision and values, we believe we can change the way people understand and interpret mental illness.

LIVIN is similar to Beyond Blue but specifically targets younger people by the use of high profile Ambassadors in sporting and other high profile fields.

http://livin.org.au/

The Western Force is involved through Captain, Matt Hodgson and his jersey sponsor, FMG.
FMG have donated their jersey space in the game against the Bulls to help promote this new initiative.

Name:  13115623_10153344570606199_652576779_n.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  107.6 KB

From Hodgo's facebook:

"Great to have LIVIN co-founder Sam Webb do the jersey presentation today at captains run
Hearing Sam speak about adversity, leadership & getting your mind in the right place to enjoy the journey that leads to success was on point
Looking forward to getting stuck in tomorrow night proudly wearing the LIVIN logo on my chest
LIVIN is officially launch in WA on Saturday at the LIVIN Big Challenge - I'd love you to come down & say hi. Participate with your mates and family, or just come show your support
Details on LIVIN Facebook page. Use my discount code of hodgo25 to get 25% off tickets
Bring on the Bulls"

Hodgo is one of the Official WA Ambassadors for LIVIN.
Other WA Ambassadors are:
+ Mark Knowles - Kookaburras - Hockey
+ Nat Medhurst - Diamonds - Netball
+ Anna Flanagan - Hockeyroos - Hockey

Today Hodgo, Mark Knowles and Sam Webb gave an introduction about LIVIN to about 60 staff at the FMG Perth HQ.

Name:  13115626_10153344561131199_219277986_n.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  85.3 KB

On his facebook page, Hodgo gives some promotion to a fundraising event that is happening this weekend. Evidently 100% of funds raised in WA stay in WA.

More details of the LIVIN Big Challenge as below:

"Get involved Perth!

Join us as we come together to smash the stigma associated with mental illness

You can't be heathy unless your physical & mental health are both on point. Let's get the conversation going so that we can support each other in every aspect of our lives

The LIVIN Big Challenge is on Saturday 30th April & is designed to push your limits while having a whole heap of fun!

I'm proud to be an Ambassador for Livin Organisation helping to spread the word. It's an important message & one I'm right behind

We all know someone who is struggling or you might be in a dark place yourself - let's cut the crap & support each other on & off the field

Let's made sure everyone gets the message that It's OK to not be OK.

Individuals, families & teams can register - I wonder if a rugby team will take out the Group Trophy in the inaugural year?

Details on the LIVIN Facebook page. Use my discount code of hodgo25 to get 25% off tickets.

Name:  12814108_1056253827750010_2911336064837090057_n.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  123.9 KB

Yes, I'm attending the Big Challenge but will be wearing my Sea of Blue kit instead of the recommended "tighter and brighter".

ONYA WF, ONYA FMG, ONYA HODGO.