Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    MovinFwd are you working on behalf of the Force PR department.
    Let me know when they get some money and a new CEO and they'll take over my mortgage.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Your shit list forgot to mention all the other shit we deal with. Articles by John Connolly (http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=37609) and Wayne Smith (http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=37602) in recent days reflect this a little.

One thing to remember is at least all this shit is our own shit - we've had no bail outs, selling the IP rights was a financial decision, not a bail out as other clubs have enjoyed over the years.

Overall, quite a noice rant, MI5_Dog. I love a good rant.

Ranting is fine, bitching gets boring fast ...

I understand that there are a couple board positions up for grabs come the next AGM - maybe you could offer to add your particular musk to the stink?

Not sure what it takes to be nominated for a possie, but I'm sure if there were someone here that was serious and had more than platitudes we could at least get them a look in ?
    It's been a while since you had a Rex bash Dazza. I hope you like the Mungos

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    A gent from Rugby WA` called
    He called me too, offering to fix my computer, problem with windows apparently.

vCash
    Does anybody have a copy of a small 5 paragraph article from last Weekend Australian newspaper entitled:
    “ARU takes over the reins at Western Force”????

It's been referenced in an article on The Roar this evening (Author: Craig Musson)

The Roar Article as follows:

What the hell happened at the Western Force?
    By Craig Musson, 4 May 2016

In last weekend’s Australian newspaper, hidden deep in the back pages of the sports section, was a small five-paragraph article under the headline “ARU takes over the reins at Western Force”.
    The silence here in the west from the club, the supporters and the media has been deafening.
    Make no mistake, this is akin to an ailing business being put into administration. Were it a public company, the board and senior executives would be held to task, as this is the culmination of a catalogue of errors which started on day one.
    Recall the promise under which the club started in 2005. Riding a wave of emotion to bring rugby to Western Australia, the ARU could not ignore the passionate voices from the west demanding the 12th team be awarded to Perth over a bid from Melbourne.
    The start was promising. Let’s not forget by the second season the team included the likes of Matt Giteau, Drew Mitchell, Nathan Sharpe, Brendan Cannon and a future leader in the 17-year-old David Pocock. Coached by John Mitchell and with the backing of major sponsor Emirates, the future looked bright.
    But cracks began to appear.
    A lack of due diligence and rush for cash and signings saw a side-deal done with Firepower to lure Giteau to Perth. The promised cash evaporated almost as soon as the ink was dry.
    We the supporters were never clearly told what occurred, but Giteau got burnt. His mate Mitchell also decided something didn’t smell right.
    Our reputation for the wild west, with deals done over a few beers, was enhanced. Firepower was found to be nothing but a scam. The Force claimed they had nothing to do with a third-party deal, but the perception became reality.
    Culture and people again led to the first major issues in the late-2000s, with simmering tensions between coach and players resulted in John Mitchell leaving. Who knows what happened, as supporters we were simply not told, but something was wrong.
    Richard Graham was then appointed in yet another mistake, as he left for a better offer at Queensland halfway through the 2012 season. The players were furious, deciding they would coach themselves rather than have Graham, and so they did.
    It was while sitting on hot, temporary, metal seats in a stadium still under construction, watching a player-coached team lose miserably to the new Melbourne Rebels, that I decided I’d had enough and resigned my membership in protest. But we hadn’t hit rock bottom.
    Pocock was doing his best to get high-profile players, and the Force should have got Will Genia but the deal was botched – or Genia was concerned enough about the lack of strategy, direction and coach not to come.
    Pocock then left and with him the future of the club, for here was a man who embodied everything a club would want: courage, integrity, teamwork and absolute determination walked out the door.
    After seven years of blood, sweat and tears, Pocock worked out the club had no future. The major financial backer Emirates had also seen enough and no longer wanted their name associated with the club.
    A new naming sponsor could not be found, and the Force faced the embarrassment of having a different sponsor on each player’s jersey. Cash was now critical.
    Michael Foley was appointed coach under yet further controversial circumstances, as an unsuccessful run at the head coach’s job for NSW saw the manager and chairman of the Waratahs resign before Foley jumped ship.
    Why they chased a coach who was in the middle of an unseemly mess no one explained, but by now we were left picking up players who could not get starting positions with other countries or states.
    The gameplan had to keep up with the lack of talent, and so the style of play during the 2015 season was simple: kick the ball down the field and hope something happens. The result? Three wins, a wooden spoon, and pissed-off supporters.
    The side had one win from nine games in 2016 before the ARU stepped in and took control. Rumours circulated that Perth may even lose the team for a move to Western Sydney.
    The loyal supporters and players who give their all deserve an apology and explanation from all who have served on the board and management since the club’s inception.
    Nothing less is acceptable.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 04-05-16 at 21:40.

vCash
    I would also like to read that article.
    The one posted on the Roar though was shite.
    Just not as shite as the comments from the "All rugby should be played in NSW" mob.

"Western Force! Hang on and let me get my pitchfork and burning torch before I make a comment!"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nice interpretation and ignorance of the 2014 season.

Some supporter, I hate people who "resign my membership in protest"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Recall the promise under which the club started in 2005. Riding a wave of emotion to bring rugby to Western Australia, the ARU could not ignore the passionate voices from the west demanding the 12th team be awarded to Perth over a bid from Melbourne.
    Ummm weren't the Force and Cheetahs the 13th and 14th sides respectively?

This is why I don't visit The Roar because its filled with opinion dressed up as news.

Last edited by jargan83; 05-05-16 at 09:53.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Some supporter, I hate people who "resign my membership in protest"
    Well I don't know about the "resign in protest" part but I'm certainly having difficulty in these 'harsh' economic times with justifying my continued outlay of a significant portion of money to watch the team I love getting, for want of a better phrase, buggered up the arse each week.
    It's not the losing. It's the not playing that gets me.
    If I wanted to pay good money to feel a lot of pain there are young ladies who charge about the same amount for that sort of thing and at least I'll get to see someone in a cheer-leading outfit. (all be it made of leather)

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    too much info!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    Well I don't know about the "resign in protest" part but I'm certainly having difficulty in these 'harsh' economic times etc etc
    Ditto, and I think lots out there are, but to snatch it before NIB was even developed....sook he is...

Veteran
    vCash
    unfortunately - i will be standing room only next year. I cannot justify the hundreds of bicks for the bitter disappointment week after week.

MoovinFwd - Keep it coming! nice and balanced, informative and interesting posts.

vCash
    I would also like to read that article.
    The one posted on the Roar though was shite.
    Just not as shite as the comments from the "All rugby should be played in NSW" mob.

"Western Force! Hang on and let me get my pitchfork and burning torch before I make a comment!"
    Finally found the article. I think it's the one that's been discussed at length previously.
    The Weekend Australian - 23-24 April 2016.
    Wayne Smith

Name:  IMG_20160505_110443.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  163.5 KB

Seems like this is already in place.
    Sooner than the 2-3 weeks indicated by Wayne Smith in his article.

I agree that it was a poor commentary by Craig Musson but still worth being distributed on TWF.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    unfortunately - i will be standing room only next year. I cannot justify the hundreds of bicks for the bitter disappointment week after week.
    MoovinFwd - Keep it coming! nice and balanced, informative and interesting posts.
    Ditto to that Pallitu. I'm finding it hard to justify spending near on a grand on shit games. Coming home with the shits after each game is not cool on the family and myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Finally found the article. I think it's the one that's been discussed at length previously.
    The Weekend Australian - 23-24 April 2016.
    Wayne Smith

Name:  IMG_20160505_110443.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  163.5 KB

Seems like this is already in place.
    Sooner than the 2-3 weeks indicated by Wayne Smith in his article.

I agree that it was a poor commentary by Craig Musson but still worth being distributed on TWF.
    What's the date on that Andrew? Was this from the weekend just gone?
    I like the idea of an extra cash incentive to returning players to shack up in Perth.

So what current australian overseas players do we want?

vCash
    What's the date on that Andrew?
    Well DUH! it's from the 23rd of April you idiot!

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast