Thread: Morahan DVT fires up Foley

Champion
    vCash

Morahan DVT fires up Foley

Nick Taylor - The West Australian on April 23, 2016, 12:01 am

Western Force coach Michael Foley has slammed his side’s travel schedule after revealing Wallabies winger Luke Morahan has deep vein thrombosis, a condition associated with extensive flying.
    Foley also said that 16 Force players had sustained trauma injuries at the halfway mark of the season, a problem he also put down to travel and fatigue.
    He said the lead-in for tonight’s clash with the Waratahs at nib Stadium had been the first full week of training his side had completed since round one because of travel.
    “A Super Rugby squad of 35 players, to get 16 trauma injuries in the first seven games is insane,” said Foley, a long-time critic of the schedule imposed by governing body SANZAAR.

More here

https://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sp...ires-up-foley/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    If that's then best Foley can do after having the first whole week to work with the team since round one then it only confirms to me that he is not up to the standard required of a super rugby coach.
    What happened to the attacking rugby he was spruiking about, as all I saw tonite was a lot of pointless kicking to allow the waratahs to attack, attack and attack.

vCash
    I've gotta say I'm coming around to your side blue. Tonight's performance against a pretty dusty tahs outfit was pathetic. Despite the fact that they bought their own pet ref, we still should have beat them, but instead our performance gave them steadily more confidence until, at the Ned, they didn't even bother attacking our ruck, knowing we'd still diligently send three in to protect the ball and pass it wide to an isolated back who would (maybe) make the ad line and repeat until we got so frustrated or confused that we'd either drop it or kick it back to them, when they'd run it, looking like the crusaders. (surely that was only relative though)

Foley needs to have the hard quests asked, however I think he's safe because the team is broker than the tooth fairy in a house full of meth addicts. Hell see out his contract, by the end of which the force will have crowds of 3000 and lose more games than they play.

Did I mention that losin to the Tahds sucks?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Did I mention that losin to the Tahds sucks?
    Then we came home to watch the Chiefs n Hurricanes..
    ..and saw a bit of rugby.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    On the original topic raised in the article, it's going to be hard to lesson the travel given the isolation of Perth. I thought SANZAR did a good job in making sure we did all our NZ games in one block so we didn't have to keep flying there and back. Undoubtably the addition of Argentina and Japan to the South African conferences will make the travel to "South Africa" a bit problematic.

vCash
    DVT can be avoided as well - probably should read those cards in the seat pockets.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ..........they didn't even bother attacking our ruck, knowing we'd still diligently send three in to protect the ball and pass it wide to an isolated back who would (maybe) make the ad line and repeat until we got so frustrated or confused that we'd either drop it or kick it back to them, when they'd run it, looking like the crusaders. (surely that was only relative though)
    I know this isn't keeping with the topic of this thread, but surely the players have to take some accountability for game management, and not flood the breakdown if they see that the opposition aren't..?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    Then we came home to watch the Chiefs n Hurricanes..
    ..and saw a bit of rugby.
    Just watched a replay of that match.Seemed like a hybrid version of the rubbish I watched last night.
    Things like passion,intensity,willingness to shift bodies at the breakdown,speed,passing and running into holes,offloading before contact,keeping ball in hand with kicking the very last option not the first,keeping the ball alive at all costs,deft touches,every single player expressing himself and playing what's in front of him and not ramshackled by structures I am yet to work out.
    The big one for me,every single player out there looking like he is enjoying himself and wants more of it so he empties the tank so he get's selected again next week. It looks to me like the Force have lost the enjoyment factor and you are going to win fuck all if playing becomes a chore.
    I would never accuse the players of not trying but all the things above that I pointed out are things that can and should be coached into players and they are not receiving that,end of story.
    Excuses like crap ref,injuries,travel etc etc are just that,excuses.Everyone else deals with it and just get's on with it.
    The time for action to keep professional rugby in this state is now.
    Time to go Stonefish.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Just watched a replay of that match.Seemed like a hybrid version of the rubbish I watched last night.
    Things like passion,intensity,willingness to shift bodies at the breakdown,speed,passing and running into holes,offloading before contact,keeping ball in hand with kicking the very last option not the first,keeping the ball alive at all costs,deft touches,every single player expressing himself and playing what's in front of him and not ramshackled by structures I am yet to work out.
    The big one for me,every single player out there looking like he is enjoying himself and wants more of it so he empties the tank so he get's selected again next week. It looks to me like the Force have lost the enjoyment factor and you are going to win fuck all if playing becomes a chore.
    I would never accuse the players of not trying but all the things above that I pointed out are things that can and should be coached into players and they are not receiving that,end of story.
    Excuses like crap ref,injuries,travel etc etc are just that,excuses.Everyone else deals with it and just get's on with it.
    The time for action to keep professional rugby in this state is now.
    Time to go Stonefish.
    My thoughts exactly Westie. We may not have the cattle or famous players but we also don't have any nous either. Several times last night we got penalties and Alby wanted to play on quickly but was stopped to kick a fucken penalty goal from 45 out. When he did play on quick in the 2nd half there was only 2 players who followed and read the play. Too many passengers in that side and I have my suspicions that too regimented to an outdated game plan. Why are we suddenly trying to play a running game that 95% of the comp has been playing for 2-3 years already. The travel certainly hasn't worried the rebels or the Chiefs. Myself and quite a few others are sick to death of the fucken excuses.

vCash
    I think Foley has bigger things to worry about than Mozza missing the game through a reasonably preventable injury.