Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Dissapointed with Rugby 360 on Fox

vCash

Dissapointed with Rugby 360 on Fox

In a week that the ARU release a report on trying to up the rugby numbers, Rugby 360 on Fox continues its apparent crusade to get rid of the Force or so it seems.

As a major stakeholder in Super rugby it is disappointing to see Fox allow its presenters to continue to rubbish the Force and create the potential to drive us supporters away from the game, in the hope that a sevens program will solve all their numbers issues.

Yes a sevens program may entice a few youngsters across if very successful but it is not a magic bullet.

While we are travelling badly and their is no denying that we do not need to be kicked as well while we are down.

Kafe had a go at Foley, and for the second time in less than a month Georgina Robinson tries to instigate gossip about the Force, if not moving, then about the coach moving on and of all places to the Reds. Yes, her segment is seeing things through a crystal ball but she needs to take the label off.

As a major stakeholder Fox needs to reign in these presenters otherwise we will certainly turn off watching this show and at the end of the day the actual matches so that the ARU will have to find our replacement viewing numbers elsewhere.

This is a form of bullying and it needs to be stamped out

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Player
    vCash
    Why would anyone admit to watching that programme.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Out of curiosity what was said about Foley by Kafe?

vCash
    He said that he believed that Foley and Sindiberry had words during the week and all was not rosy, and it looked like Foley was not as motivated and enthusiastic as he had been previously and appeared down.

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    If she suggested that Foley may end up at the Reds then surely she had tongue in check or was just taking the piss. Reds fans would have a melt down and I'd probably do myself an injury laughing so much!

vCash
    Odd thing to mention about Foley and Sinderberry unless he has a source which I doubt.

With Foley's mediocre coaching record there will always be speculation about his tenure I guess. Odd that the rumour has him going to the Reds, if there is any truth to that rumour surely it would be as forwards/set piece coach and not head coach.

I haven't watched Rugby 360 or it's previous incarnation for years and yet still watch 4 or 5 games of Rugby a weekend, or whatever I can fit in while volunteering at Pally.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Don't forget Kafe had a "coffee" with Lancaster and Kafe suggested Perth is the ideal place for him.

My theory is

ARU move Foley to Queensland to avoid Force having to pay out contract and he becomes some kind of Director of Coaching at the Reds, and the rest of their current coaching team remains unchanged now that Brad Thorn has been elevated.

ARU put up the dollars for Lancaster to become Head Coach at the Force in a deal that will also see changes to recruitment and marquee signings at the Force with ARU taking more control of the "back office" as mooted during the Pulver visit.

My hat titanium clad, bugger the tin foil

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I think no doubt that the ARU will be looking to improve coaching performance in Western Australia now that they hold the purse strings.

We'll see I guess. I like Foles but without a good backs coach he's on a hiding to nothing.

I'm pretending not to be affiliated to any club so shhhh

Rookie
    vCash
    I do admit to watching Rugby 360.

Personally I do not agree that 7s will be the saviour of the sport as Kafe was saying.
    I do agree that Rugby needs to be pushed in the public schools here, particularly the outer suburbs high schools that have so many expats attending the schools. AFL is a game that requires a good skill base that needs to be developed from a young age - that many of these new arrivals will be behind in developing so will not be playing for the school. Rugby Union has a position for every body type - that is also something that needs to be pushed.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    I also noted the previous week that Mick Byrne was a special guest - someone that "Insider" had mentioned when talking about coaching options on another thread.
    I was disappointed that at the beginning of the show Marto had said that they would discuss the future of the Force, but they ran out of time and said that they would discuss it the following week - as if the future of the Force is so irrelevent to anyone on the Eastern Seaboard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohepa View Post
    I also noted the previous week that Mick Byrne was a special guest - someone that "Insider" had mentioned when talking about coaching options on another thread.
    I was disappointed that at the beginning of the show Marto had said that they would discuss the future of the Force, but they ran out of time and said that they would discuss it the following week - as if the future of the Force is so irrelevent to anyone on the Eastern Seaboard.
    And that was the last time I bothered to watch it and won't ever again!

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    I admit to watching it as well and always feeling depressed with what they say about the force. I wonder if the force had won on Friday would they have spent most of the programme saying our season was back on track like they did about the Reds!! Anyway no doubt I will watch it again next week!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hohepa View Post
    That happened three shows in a row - talk about tease.

vCash
    The presenters are simply playing to their audience. Sure it's a bit more blatant this year, but if you can't cope with that, then turn off. Seriously, they don't care whether you watch or not.

C'mon the

vCash
    The show has gone from bad to worse this year esp with Nick McArdle no longer presenting.

Marto has nothing to offer, Ben Daley and Nick Phipps have absolutely nothing in common with any of the Super Rugby players I know and respect and the commentary team on match days give some of the worst, most biased commentary in Super Rugby (although I do enjoy Phil Kearns' squirming and full range of excuses when the Tahs are losing and the fact that Dane Haylett-Petty is "absolutely everywhere" even when it was Luke M or Peter G who had made the play). I don't reckon Kearns could name even 5 Western Force players.

The section with the two journos is gobsmackingly dull as both act as if they are God's gifts to rugby fans for providing such well-informed insights (aka BS).

I no longer watch Rugby 360 and have started watching the Aussie games with sound muted - as I have done for the SA games for a loooong time.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast