Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sevenmile cheated on you

Apprentice
    vCash
    Whinging and bitching until someone is banned. Sounds like the behaviour of a primary school student who dobs on other kids. I always hated that kid. But this raises questions in the consistency of the admins to this site. Why should there be rules for sevenmile but not others? Seems to me like other users of the site like my good friend GIGs couldn't put a foot wrong, but seems to whinge if anyone goes against him.. To me this is very similar to Rugby WA and it's tendency to favour clubs and to drop others in the sh*t.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    that post looked like a whinge!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catdog16 View Post
    Whinging and bitching until someone is banned. Sounds like the behaviour of a primary school student who dobs on other kids. I always hated that kid. But this raises questions in the consistency of the admins to this site. Why should there be rules for sevenmile but not others? Seems to me like other users of the site like my good friend GIGs couldn't put a foot wrong, but seems to whinge if anyone goes against him.. To me this is very similar to Rugby WA and it's tendency to favour clubs and to drop others in the sh*t.

naughty corner. Want a democracy? Create your own.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Naughty corner. LOL

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by catdog16 View Post
    I think users like GIGS have built up a store of goodwill from numerous posts, supportive and informative, over the years that they have been members of the forum, such that when they do have an occasional whinge it gets put in context.

Other people come here and start whinging from day one, and every post is a whinge about something or other, often littered with profanities. They have no goodwill built up, and come across as petulant, immature teenagers.

That said, it takes an awful lot to get banned on here. Mudskipper, Tocc (or was it Tic?) and Waratah Jesus (to name three) used to post anti-Force bile on here repeatedly, and we were very tolerant (T_Gerry earns a lot of praise here, along with Darren). Muddy in particular used to get very angry whenever the Brumbies lost and needed to be given time-outs, but I don't think he was actually banned.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I think users like GIGS have built up a store of goodwill from numerous posts, supportive and informative, over the years that they have been members of the forum, such that when they do have an occasional whinge it gets put in context.

Other people come here and start whinging from day one, and every post is a whinge about something or other, often littered with profanities. They have no goodwill built up, and come across as petulant, immature teenagers.

That said, it takes an awful lot to get banned on here. Mudskipper, Tocc (or was it Tic?) and Waratah Jesus (to name three) used to post anti-Force bile on here repeatedly, and we were very tolerant (T_Gerry earns a lot of praise here, along with Darren). Muddy in particular used to get very angry whenever the Brumbies lost and needed to be given time-outs, but I don't think he was actually banned.
    to be fair - and if my recollections are correct, I dont recall TOCC or TIC being red carded or banned.
    Warratah_Jesus did receive a number of warnings and red cards. but was and is not banned.

I can only think of one Banned member - ChiselHead and that was because of the fallout when Matt Giteau announced his departure. Chiselhead got banned for a personal attack on a Admin that was disgusting and disgraceful.

Last edited by .X.; 14-04-16 at 16:16. Reason: Further information

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Rookie
    vCash
    A strong Force needs a strong grassroots base, so what is going on in community rugby does inadvertently have a roll on effect on the Force, perhaps not seasonally, but definitely gradually.
    The way things are done in Western Australia have always been a little different to how things happen over East. I think that has been a point that has perhaps been overlooked for rugby here. A number of people have come over and taken up positions here, tried to make it like it is over East, served enough time to get their foot on the ladder of a promotion, back over East and gone again. So I think a number of clubs and volunteers have been burnt by such people decision making and are a little bitter as a result - which is perhaps reflected in some posts.

Rookie
    vCash
    Then again there are some people that are always going to be bitter and twisted, or whinging.

There is that Australian expression "whinging pom" that perhaps belongs in the equation, but then again not sure of all posters nationalities here.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Good to see posts from Hohepa, seems like it's been a while.

Reading back up the thread though, have to feel anyone coming to a WA metro thread must know what they are in for. I'm sure I can't be alone in generally ignoring them, having largely lost interest in the club game because of them. I remember wishing it was an opt-in or hidden area, against the likelihood that someone researching a move here would quickly find TWF and have to assume it was representative.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    to be fair - and if my recollections are correct, I dont recall TOCC or TIC being red carded or banned.
    Warratah_Jesus did receive a number of warnings and red cards. but was and is not banned.

I can only think of one Banned member - ChiselHead and that was because of the fallout when Matt Giteau announced his departure. Chiselhead got banned for a personal attack on a Admin that was disgusting and disgraceful.
    I recall chatting with T_Gerry (I think on the Darwin trip) and he told us about how much of what Mudskipper posted he had to delete, and give him 48 hour time-outs (I think that's the red-card duration). I don't remember much of Waratah Jesus, but have heard he was similar. I always seem to get Tic and Tocc mixed up; one (I think Tocc) was pretty much always negative, but only occasionally nasty; the other could be as variable as the rest of us. I think we met up at the Caxton one tour and he seemed OK. I don't recall either getting time-outs, but then I'm not a mod. Don't recall ChiselHead much, either; I think that all happened when I was in the Middle East (hence the username!) and not on the board much.

I agree that if Sevenmile, or even catdog16, has got themselves red-carded then I suspect that they've gone to quite some effort to do so.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Champion
    vCash
    Lots of red cards getting whacked about.
    Feral feline/canine-cat dog16 sounds like about a 8 year old's signature probably has the record,6 days ,6 whinging posts and first one climbing into 16 year old's.
    Whatsdoin is a negative whinger with no solutions and no idea and only desires man on man loving.
    Couldn't really care less about these 2.
    Insider climbs into a few people but generally has some sound ideas and thinks outside the square even if his grasp of the english vocabulary is very limited.Has sound rugby knowledge.Has real passion and not Whatsdoin's type of passion.
    Seven Mile when he's not pretending to be from Arks also has some good ideas and knows what he 's talking about.He is also a very funny man and if you didn't have a good laugh about his soccer experience you must be a very boring type.Good guy to have a beer with as well.
    Think both these guys have done some serious yards at their respective clubs and are still a bit bitter at what has transpired.Real or imaginary the decisions that have been made by RWA have obviously not been beneficial to their respective clubs and they are still pissed.
    Did they really need to cop bans.
    I see myself as a modern day type Robin Hood sticking up for the poor, defenceless and weak.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Prospect
    vCash
    I have been following TWF for about six years as I enjoy my rugby through my 2 sons that play at Kalamunda and enjoy getting out to NIB when we can
    We as a family have enjoyed our experience at NIB win lose or draw watching international players from all over the world is a great experience for myself and the boys
    Not a rugby critic as such but enjoy following the TWF site as it can be quite informative whether community or force related
    Over the past week i have seen the site start to get a little narky and can understand the need for time out to calm things down and bring a little perspective to the world. its only a game
    there seems to be more of a wind up and baiting of some supporters that leads to what you would call personality clashes in a real world and thats going to happen as it would be a boring place if we all agreed.
    I have noticed in some posts a sense of victory that someone has been ejected from the forum when silence would achieve a lot more
    I personally have found some of the wind up quite amusing but can also understand the frustration of others
    It disappoints me that Kalahard can use my native tongue in such a way to show strength and vindictiveness as a way of victory when silence would have been a lot better and as my boys play at kala I hope you learn from getting a little bit excited and using such foul language as a form of moral victory
    As for sevenmile well he will be missed as a person with a very interesting sense of humor depending what substance he is on
    The numbers of posters from when I started have declined and hopefully can get back on track on and off the field as TWF can be a good read and informative force or community based info
    I will go back to being a sleeper now and remember its only a game and everyone has a right to an opinion

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    welcome prophetes,

I hope that rather then going back to being a sleeper, you choose to hang around, would love to get your opinions on the current topics of conversation.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    For the record, I had nothing (that I'm aware of) to do with sevenmile's red card/ban/whatever it is.

I gave up on the personal tit-for-tat before it happened and hit the ignore button.

I am aware that I'm a bit of a serial target for those who most would label trolls, must be something to do with the fact that I continue to be interested in the club scene despite no longer being active in it.

If I seem to be given undue latitude from mods, well I can't explain why that would be, but I wouldn't expect to be treated any differently than anybody else. Perhaps I'm still posting because I have at least made an attempt to self-edit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    This forum has become very "meta" lately.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast